Experiences with the guests

Hi everyone! :smile:

Bournemouth Film and Comic Con is over. Did you all have a good time? Have you met all the guests you wanted to? It's always interesting to listen to the experiences with the guests. So, should I start?

Overall it was much more relaxed than London this summer, there was more time to speak with the guests and they all offered to personalize the autographs.

Saturday :

I met Veronica Taylor and she was absolutely lovely. I actually went with my boyfriend who wanted an autograph and she was very nice and chatty, she included me in the conversation as well. The autograph is great! My boyfriend asked for a picture, she was happy to do it, and offered me to be in the pic as well. Very lovely guest.

I did autographs and photos with Ellie Kendrick, Finn Jones and Kristian Nairn. They were all great. Very chatty at the autograph tables, starting the conversation and making us feel welcome and comfortable. They talked to me about their travels in France, nice to hear they enjoyed my country.

I also met Sylvester McCoy, autograph and photo. A very nice man, polite, smiling and enthusiastic.

Sunday :

I got an autograph from Brenock O'Connor. Very nice chap, already a professional!

Then autograph and photo with Harry Melling. Really nice to meet someone from the Harry Potter movies, a really important part of my teenage years. Moreover he was friendly and chatty.

Last guest was Robert Englund, autograph and photo as well. I heard so many good things about him, and now I understand. He is a very friendly and funny guest. I especially enjoyed the photo, he was awesome, playing around with everyone.

Again, I only had good experiences this time! So, what about you guys?

• Like 1

Guests I met:

John Wagner

Very nice guy, very chatty and a real gentleman. Took his time with everyone who saw him, very patient and polite. Spoke to him about Dredd - got him to sign my dvd! - which he did for free so I decided to buy one of his prints :) I have met him before and he was equally pleasant then!

Ellie Kendrick

Completely blown away by Ellie, very classy and extremely friendly. Very bubbly personality and really went out of her way to talk to you, initiating the conversation... Spoke about a great deal of things from her previous roles to Game Of Thrones to how she was enjoying Bournemouth and intended to walk along the seafront and gardens when she was finished at the convention. Seemed very impressed and lit up when I mentioned her role as Anne Frank!

Michael Biehn

A friend I was with commented that he was a little bit blunt/disinterested? I personally didn't notice anything out of line from him. Conversation was kept short obviously because he had a lot of people to see. Happily signed my Aliens blu-ray boxset and seemed pleasant enough.

Veronica Taylor

A+++ guest. Extremely classy lady, very friendly and funny. Equally tied with Ellie Kendrick as the best guest I met! Posed for pictures, signed things and chatted for a long while :)

Robert Englund

Very quirky, very funny. Possibly a bit eccentric? Randomly dipped into Freddy Krueger and seemed to sign autographs in character - I wonder if he was method acting? All in all very nice guy, very humble, talked quite a bit considering he had a long line of people. Very solid booking :)

Amanda Wyss

My third favorite guest of the weekend :) We must have been talking for a good 5-10 minutes about a variety of things - very warm personality. Asked her to sign the same print that I got from Robert Englund and she commented that she had to write a little message like Robert had, but didn't know what - apparently Robert Englund overheard this and shouted out "BAD GIRLS MUST DIE!" at her in full Freddy mode and she was like "Yep! That'll do!" amazing guest :)

My friend met all of the above and had a similar experience however she met:

Chris Barrie

My friend is an obsessive Red Dwarf fan and she was very impressed with Barrie. Posed for a selfie with him and said he was very polite, very friendly and everything she expected. Went away with the shakes because she was so star struck!

Chris Judge

My friend was not at all impressed with Chris Judge - she said he came across as very miserable and rude. She asked him if she could take a selfie with him (there was no sign saying no posed photographs) and apparently he shot her a really dirty look and refused to answer which prompted the crewmember next to him to say she can have pictures of him but not with him. She was a bit disappointed by this, but it didn't stop her from enjoying the weekend :)

• Like 1