Gold pass "glitch"

Cookie

But why is it such a problem that you had to wait a bit to pick up your pass? It's not like you had to rush off to get VQ tickets or talk tickets and wouldn't it be more of a hassle if they posted it to you and it got lost in the post?

I'm a stall holder, not a gold pass holder, but in my opinion, it would make sense to arrange as much of this stuff as possible before the event, not least to free up some of the crew/staff, so that maybe the big queue for photo tickets could be moved quicker and to prevent the bottle-neck at the front of the event. I'm surprised at what i'm hearing, given the efficient way that all of the attendee packs were dealt with at the (excellent) eclipse event.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the fact is, the stalls are usually rediculously priced, and you can get a lot of things on sale for much cheaper online.

True - I saw a book I wanted on sale for £15 and I've just found the same book on Ebay for £1 + postage. I also collect trading cards and most dealers try to charge ridiculously high prices for Star Trek and Star Wars CCG cards given the amount they are on sale for on Ebay.

Personally I just get there really early (or what I think is really early which some of you might not think is early at all) anway, once there early, I go to get my VQ tickets and then browes the stalls..

I don't bother looking at white boards to see if my VQ ticket number is up yet, because I make a point of getting there early enough to get low enough VQTs not to worry about this...

I know someone is going to say, that if they can't get there early and were to miss out on autos they wanted then a GP would solve this problem for them, but then for me that would turn a (for example) 3 autos that I wanted at £20 each into 3 autos that actually cost me (after spending out on a GP and taking off the entry fee and two free talk fees ) £53.33 each, which I can't see myself justifying...

As people have said its there money so they have the right to spend it on what ever they like (totally agree), but for me I have a much better day knowing I havn't blown £175 on a pass I myself don't need. Simple as

Also gives me more money to spend on the stalls, cause if I bought a GP the stall holders would not get a penny from me.

I love my 'Me to You' Bears and there £8 for ones I can get at the show for like £4-£6 so there are a few bargins to have at the show, I just don't think right now with the guests SMs have going and the shows I'm into GPs are a bargin or good deal for me.

Thats all

:blink:

LLAP :D

Edited by zebredy

Also, the fact is, the stalls are usually rediculously priced, and you can get a lot of things on sale for much cheaper online.

True - I saw a book I wanted on sale for £15 and I've just found the same book on Ebay for £1 + postage. I also collect trading cards and most dealers try to charge ridiculously high prices for Star Trek and Star Wars CCG cards given the amount they are on sale for on Ebay.

I spoke too soon - I got outbid! Still, it went for a third of what it was on offer for at the show.

I'm considering getting a gold pass for next year as I do suffer with a bad back. I had it all weekend and still have it now. My boyfriend suffers with his calf. We brought stools with us this year for waiting outside, but they weren't all that comfortable. Also we found we were tired in the evenings from waking up really early in the mornings to queue.

Not considering, definitely getting them!

I've never really felt the need to get a gold pass - whilst there may be a particularly busy guest that I might want to see (i.e. Christopher Lloyd), I've always found that as long as I get there at a decent time it's never a problem. It's just about getting in at 10, and picking up a VT.

The analogy to flights is correct to a point - at the end of the day, if you fly business class (or even first) you pay more, but you get a lot of benefits. This doesn't tend to include getting on to the plane early, because there's just no benefit in doing so - the idea is that you sit in the "lounge" while everyone else is farting about getting their seats :D