Experiences with Guests!

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone has recovered from a manic Saturday at LFCC and those there today are having a wonderful day!

I thought I'd create this thread to share all your guest interactions (good and bad) from over the weekend!

I met:

Robert Knepper - very chatty and friendly, told us about his upcoming projects.

Terry Farrell - also very chatty and very happy person.

Jenna Coleman - very sweet girl, although not feeling well she was very polite and friendly.

Bernard Cribbins - very friendly and just the same as he was in Dr Who!

John Hurt - also another friendly guest.

Terry Farrell was just as lovely as I had heard from other fans who had met her,we had a great photo taken,an arm each round each

other,she said she loved my Ghostbusters t shirt & I said thankyou & told her she looked lovely,she said thankyou,then when I got my photo

signed by her afterwards,I said that it was a real honour meeting her & she said thankyou,you too,I walked away buzzing with happiness :clap:

Slavitza Jovan was nice too,quite shy,but nice & Michael Ensign took the time to tell me about his work in Ghostbusters & the A Team episode I

remembered him in from my childhood,he was very interesting & a really nice guy too,I shook hands with him before I left & said that it was a pleasure

to meet you & he said it was good to meet me too,top man :smile:

Sharni Vinson - technically a "back up" guest for me as I missed out on Carrie Fisher and Summer Glau, but had the best chat and let me have a posed photo. Lovely lady and very friendly. Definitely glad I met her!

Jenna Coleman - unfortunately she was unwell so seemed a bit out of it, but still kept on smiling and had a quick chat. At the end of the day she could have gone home, but she stayed on for her fans, apparently even coming back early from her lunch. Again, wonderful lady!

Anthony Head - just the nicest guy. Friendly, chatty and funny. Total gentleman.

John Hurt - another absolute gentleman. Didn't personalise autographs, but if anything that makes them more valuable, lol! Had a quick chat and shook his hand. Legend!

I met George A Romero, he was so so so so awesome shook my hand and I told him he'd made my life by being there, he laughed and said he was happy to be here then we posed for a photo and then he shook my hand again and said it was really nice to meet me and I told him I loved him and now I'm the happiest person ever!! I was shaking for about ten minutes after...

• Like 6

Milo Ventimiglia

He was amazing, really interactive, very friendly and chatty. I got his autograph first thing, he talks to me about his upcoming project and the beard , he added on my autograph "Good to meet you Bud" and my name. I then have a photoshoot and he remembers me "there's my man, give me one of these" (a reference to the our conversation we had earlier when I was getting his Autograph ( I was one of the first people to meet him on Saturday) and the photoshoot was an hour and a half after (made it more special that he remembered me :D (close wrist thing) and the best bit, he asked how was my bed (I live in London) I told him I couldn't sleep and he said (doing teen stuff ey) xD

Easily my favourite guest of all time and I recommend him to all

If he same again I would keep meeting him :D

Edited by mflowers

All the walking dead guests were great, especially Jose Pablo Cantillo, he was very friendly and loved my posters. He even took some selfies with me.

I also met Michael Ensign who was also friendly and I was impressed that he remembered his x-files character name Dr. Barnes.

All the other 10 guests I met were also good but these stood out for me.

Edited by johnnyrock99

Slavitza Jovan was nice too,quite shy,but nice & Michael Ensign took the time to tell me about his work in Ghostbusters & the A Team episode I

remembered him in from my childhood,he was very interesting & a really nice guy too,I shook hands with him before I left & said that it was a pleasure

Seconded, Michael Ensign was a very nice chap. May not have been one of the more popular guests there but he was definitely one of the best when it comes to the meeting experience. I went away a happy Ghostbusters fan.

• Like 1

Paul McGann - he played a distant relative of mine (Percy Topliss) and when I told him, he spent a good 5 minutes chatting away to us like old friends, a really lovely down to earth guy. If it wasn't for me worry about the queue behind me I'm sure the chat would gone on for a while longer.

Also the author Kit (can't remember his surname), we were waiting for my daughter to get her book signed and we were stood by his table and we chatted for a good 15-20 minutes. Was really nice.

• Like 1

Seconded, Michael Ensign was a very nice chap. May not have been one of the more popular guests there but he was definitely one of the best when it comes to the meeting experience. I went away a happy Ghostbusters fan.

Yeah,he is a very nice chap,great guest,the next time I watch my Ghostbusters BluRay,I'll be like I've met this man & have also met Slavitza Jovan aka Gozer The Gozerian,I also went away a very happy Ghostbusters fan,I was buzzing with happiness after I met Michael,then Terry Farrell,then Slavitza Jovan,plus added bonus I got to wear a Proton Pack at the UK Ghostbusters' stand,so cool,another childhood dream fulfilled :smile:

David Hewlett was a fun charming person to speak to about SG and his other works like a dogs breakfast :lol:. Bring him back.

Summer was lovely to speak too, about Arrow and the Knights of Badassdom. :lol:.working with Peter Dinklage and Jason Stackhouse.... Great guest would lv a firefly talk and a firefly reunion :thumbup:

Edward James Olmos, was a lovely man who was more than happy to talk with and interact with us guests, even laughed when I said how I could not believe that the certain word used in BattlerStar is the terminology used for shale extraction :lol: obviously they had never watched the show. :cool:

I met George A Romero, he was so so so so awesome shook my hand and I told him he'd made my life by being there, he laughed and said he was happy to be here then we posed for a photo and then he shook my hand again and said it was really nice to meet me and I told him I loved him and now I'm the happiest person ever!! I was shaking for about ten minutes after...

So you finally got to meet him. I'm happy for you. I met him too and got a framed Night of the living dead poster signed and 2 DVD covers. He commented that he liked my Dawn t shirt and that he'd never seen one with just the logo on it before. Got my photo shoot with him too. So happy.

So you finally got to meet him. I'm happy for you. I met him too and got a framed Night of the living dead poster signed and 2 DVD covers. He commented that he liked my Dawn t shirt and that he'd never seen one with just the logo on it before. Got my photo shoot with him too. So happy.

Thank you so much, I'm so happy and pleased as well you got so much signed! This was my first ever comic-con experience, and meeting George made it so special I honestly can't wait to go back!!

• Like 1

Edward James Olmos was lovely, had a nice chat with him since I'm from Hungary just like his family. Next to him Jamie Bamber was shaking hands and taking pictures with little fans, also a very nice guy.

Dave Prowse was taking time to talk to his fans especially to the little ones, it was an honor to meet him.

• Like 1

Only did three guests in the end but all three were utterly wonderful. Terry Farrell, I have to admit one of the major draws for me - she was so friendly and chatty and wonderful - so pleased to have met her and for the experience to more than exceed my expectations. David Hewlett was my mum's main/only guest and another fantastic one to meet. We picked well. He looked at her a little confused when she hadn't left and it was my turn so she was like "this is my daughter" - when it got to photo shoot time he greeted me with "I knew you would be the next one" :D Last was David Wenham who again was really friendly and chatty with us.

• Like 1

Only did three guests in the end but all three were utterly wonderful. Terry Farrell, I have to admit one of the major draws for me - she was so friendly and chatty and wonderful - so pleased to have met her and for the experience to more than exceed my expectations. David Hewlett was my mum's main/only guest and another fantastic one to meet. We picked well. He looked at her a little confused when she hadn't left and it was my turn so she was like "this is my daughter" - when it got to photo shoot time he greeted me with "I knew you would be the next one" :D Last was David Wenham who again was really friendly and chatty with us.

Great,glad you had fun,I loved meeting Terry Farrell too,as I said many times before,she is such a sweet & genuinely lovely person & she's gorgeous too,she sure does'nt look 50 years old,as her IMDB page says,it really was an honour,you know it's funny because when I went to her photo shoot session,I noticed that she is a very tall lady,I'm about 6ft 1,so it was interesting to note that in my photo we were pretty much the same height,awesome guest,you guys did so well to get her on the guest list,if she ever came again,I would definitely go to meet her again,I'm still on a high from yesterday even now,she's so nice :smile:

Edited by TomW1983

Lena Headey wasn't the best, although it was one I looked forward to. Was a photo shoot and the whole thing was a production run to get people in and out as quickly as possible. I understand this but when I approached she asked how I was doing and wasn't even looking at me - just checking out the queue of people still waiting. Chewing gum was rude too. When I answered I was doing good and pleased to meet her - no acknowledgement as we got in position for picture. The picture was done and off I went. The only good thing was I got to hug her and she felt great to hug...

George A Romero - nice bloke. Shook my hand, thanked me for coming to see him, I thanked him for all stuff undead and he laughed and said it was his pleasure. Had the picture done, shook hands again and wished me well. Very pleasant.

Michael Madsen - looked REALLY bored as we were queuing. He shook everyone's hand, said hi to them put his arm around them and they were taken away. When I got there he noticed my tee shirt (a cross between Pulp Fiction and Dr Who) and said what a cool shirt it was, before making me open my proper shirt up so he could have a proper look. Spent a bit of time chatting about it - he hadn't seen one before but it was so cool...Then posed for the picture...For me - he was the best and, as I hoped, the king of cool.

• Like 2

Stan Lee - nice and friendly, although didn't have time to chat, he did compliment the item he signed for me.

Ian McDiarmid - co-best guest this weekend for me, plenty of time to chat, asked about a personalisation, a joke and two handshakes. Top man.

Summer Glau - co-best guest. Absolutely lovely, plenty of time to chat even though her queue was halfway to the back wall. A personalised quote signature to top it off.

Jeremy Bulloch - another top guy, signing autos on "our side" of the table and a little chat and up for a selfie!

Dave Prowse - simple and to the point, not much else.

Kenny Baker - bit of a let down, questioned why I wanted his sig in a certain place (wtf)

Carrie Fisher - again, bit of a let down. Huge queue (to be expected) asked if I could have her sig in silver, she continued in gold and pretty much said "can't all have what we want". Well, I did just pay £60, but whatever.

Overall a good weekend, a lot of queuing but I got everything I came for :)

Stan Lee - nice and friendly, although didn't have time to chat, he did compliment the item he signed for me.

Ian McDiarmid - co-best guest this weekend for me, plenty of time to chat, asked about a personalisation, a joke and two handshakes. Top man.

Summer Glau - co-best guest. Absolutely lovely, plenty of time to chat even though her queue was halfway to the back wall. A personalised quote signature to top it off.

Jeremy Bulloch - another top guy, signing autos on "our side" of the table and a little chat and up for a selfie!

Dave Prowse - simple and to the point, not much else.

Kenny Baker - bit of a let down, questioned why I wanted his sig in a certain place (wtf)

Carrie Fisher - again, bit of a let down. Huge queue (to be expected) asked if I could have her sig in silver, she continued in gold and pretty much said "can't all have what we want". Well, I did just pay £60, but whatever.

Overall a good weekend, a lot of queuing but I got everything I came for :)

That would have annoyed me (Carrie Fisher). That's just rude.

• Like 2

This year I only met two guests and I have to say they where lovely!!

Juliet Landau:

I have to say she was the best guest I've ever met - I've really wanted to meet her for years and was worried that I may be disappointed but I really wasn't she was absolutely lovely!!! and soo chatty and made sure that she spoke to everyone - even taking pictures with people when she had a "No Posed Pictures" sign behind her, she made everyone feel at ease and I even got a birthday hug from Juliet :-D - completely made my year was the best birthday present EVER!!

Bernard Cribbins:

He was Lovely too - at one point he was singing a song about my name to me!

Really enjoyed meeting these guest! - would love to see Juliet again at a future event!!

• Like 1

Well George Romero was my favourite guest I've met him twice before and I was the first person to meet him on Saturday when he saw me he recognized me straight away coz of my height 4foot tall and a beard always friendly very chatty shooked my hand three times I had a posed photo and a personalized photo at the table. Mr Romero you made my day again...long live the living dead..

• Like 1

I had commissioned a drawing of Summer to get signed. Not only was she impressed with the drawing, but had a quick chat about it. The chap moving people along (American, I think) even took a photo for me of Summer holding the picture. The artist will be stoked when I send him a copy. Absolute top people.

On friday, the photoshoot with Dina has to be one of the most fun I've ever seen. She seemed to be up for (almost) anything pose-wise, including back-lifting one of the girls in front of me. I'm in love again :dance:

• Like 1