Photoshoots

Hello Guys,

I'm quite new to all this having only done the two Destination Star Trek events and last year's LFCC. I am doing very few photoshoots (one at each con so far and two booked for this month) but am already finding that they are taking up lots of wallspace and could overtake my whole house!

I was wondering two things.

1) What do people do with all their pictures and autographs?

2) Do you have any personal 'rules' to limit the number of photoshoots that you buy?

Looking forward to 11 days time!

Jonathan

Thought I would answer my own question :) so here are my rules for photoshoots.

1) Living legend e.g. Stan Lee, William Shatner, MJF

2) In a Recognisable costume or on set e.g. Enterprise Bridge, Delorean or the guys who often bring costumes like Boba Fett or Rom and Nog.

I think that should limit me to two or three a year.

For me it's a question of how many I can afford and of course what guests are going. The photoshoots are more important to me than autos. I have most of the best photos together in a collage on my wall. Others are framed at home and at work.

My autos tend to be A2/A3 size posters not photos so they will eventually go up on my wall. I like to get my own artwork signed from time to time. :)

This time round i have a A2 GoT poster of the Iron Throne, A Musketeers poster, An A2 GoT Jorah Mormont poster, a theare programe of Iain Glen from his play the Blue Room woith Nicole Kidman, a penny Dreadful poster to be signed and and my Blackadder Series DVD for TIm McInnerny to sign.

Edited by Queen_Sindel
link removed - sorry, advertising is not allowed per the forum rules

I have bought an autograph book from one of the dealers at a con - it acts as a folder and then I bought proper autograph holders from them as well. I tend to put an autograph in the front and when I have a photo taken with the guest I'll put it behind it (though I know I shouldn't).

For large autographs - I like to get this professionally framed and then put on the wall - so fat only got Stan Lee's done professionally.

As for photos - that will depend on the guest and then how much I like the guest - they normally have to be in more than one thing I like.

Edited by Kymley

For me. Say if there are 15 guests I want photoshoots with (there haven't been before) but I would buy photoshoots for them if I could afford it. I keep all of my photoshoots in a small photo album so they don't invade my wall space. The same with my autos, they are in a large photo album.

Photoshoots I do for the bigger guests. This year for me is: MJF, Sigourney Weaver, Charles Dance, RDA. I also like to get photos with main thrones characters and well as walking dead.

Last year my photos were with: Colin Baker, Michael Madsen, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams and Lena Headey. I only went Sunday last year but am doing sat and sun this year. Can't wait

1. Photographs, scanned, uploaded and 8*10 versions brought. The ones I like are framed and hung on the wall. Autographs, just stored. But if I have taken a photograph of them signing, I'll have a 7*6 of that printed and placed with the signed item. All autographs are scanned.

2. Nope. If the star is current or the star is one I have watched and admired, I would want to meet them. As a result, I now have 22 photoshoots. Of course, some I have to forgo e.g Michael Gambon. It's a balancing act and the decision is down to the individual because it's based on personal circumstances and preferences.

Hello Guys,

I'm quite new to all this having only done the two Destination Star Trek events and last year's LFCC. I am doing very few photoshoots (one at each con so far and two booked for this month) but am already finding that they are taking up lots of wallspace and could overtake my whole house!

I was wondering two things.

2) Do you have any personal 'rules' to limit the number of photoshoots that you buy?

Looking forward to 11 days time!

Jonathan

1. Some are on the wall, but most are safely stored.

2. No, not judging by how many I have booked this year, currently have 33 booked over the 3 days !

I scan all the photos (and the autographs I used to get), so that I have a digital copy to put on my site/devices/etc, and then put them in folders, ordered by the event they were taken at. And I choose a selection of them to put in frames (I have 4 5-in-1 frames in my livingroom that I use for this purpose, so 20 of my photos are on display).

Here's my rule:

1) Do I want it?

2) Do I want it at that price?

Basically it all comes down to what I can afford and how willing I am to pay the price set.

11 years in the hobby and I have over 200 photos, lol. Don't really collect autographs for myself anymore, so not as many of those (though I tended to get DVD covers and such signed, so a lot of them are sort-of on display, lol)