Tickets

Raylenth

What type did everyone get?

I went for Plat again and got through really quickly so hopefully should have a low number. I've booked the Friday and Monday off this year so won't have to rush over from work and can have a lie in on the Monday!

• Like 1

Platinum again too. Although I'm a little wary that they aren't announcing a *major* lead yet. (Mark is lovely, but for the price, I'm really looking for Martin or Benedict.)

I'm also a bit disappointed that there's less included (like set photos or autographs on the art print this year.)

I'm holding off on tickets for now until more guests are announced. I would maybe have got a platinum ticket if I was planning on going alone but a friend wants to come too and the max she can afford would be the gold ticket but this year you only get 5 pre assigned photos rather than them all like last year which is disappointing. It really depends on who else goes guest wise ( holding out for Rupert again at least ) it doesn't look like Benedict will be attending as his auto is available just pre assigned in the VIP package.

I think I will wait a bit before I buy.

I got Gold last time, which I thought was a great package, I got photos with all the guests including Ben.

Gold is not as good as last time, so I would want to go for Platinum, but that's a lot more money. If I'm going to get Platinum, I would want to know that there was at least a chance to meet Ben and/or Martin. If there is no chance of a photo shoot with one of them, I might just get a standard ticket and buy the photo shoots / autographs that I really want (Rupert Graves, Andrew Scott, Una Stubbs).

There's no mad rush, I don't think I bought my ticket straight away last time.

Platinum again too. Although I'm a little wary that they aren't announcing a *major* lead yet. (Mark is lovely, but for the price, I'm really looking for Martin or Benedict.)

I'm also a bit disappointed that there's less included (like set photos or autographs on the art print this year.)

Missed that. They will be having the sets again as they are included in the VIP package including the Victorian set.

I'm holding off on tickets for now until more guests are announced. I would maybe have got a platinum ticket if I was planning on going alone but a friend wants to come too and the max she can afford would be the gold ticket but this year you only get 5 pre assigned photos rather than them all like last year which is disappointing. It really depends on who else goes guest wise ( holding out for Rupert again at least ) it doesn't look like Benedict will be attending as his auto is available just pre assigned in the VIP package.

I'm hoping that we will still get either (both, here's wishing) and they might still be in negotiations or will announce later but god knows. I like having the priority access of Platinum especially as last year was mad house but £600 without Ben or Martin is a lot.

I'd guess that the extra's that aren't included this time maybe because of cost- totally guessing here but with a first show of any type even for experienced organisers you might still have to reassess how much everything cost compared to what you made.

It's worth bearing in mind, folks, that last year the event was announced and the tickets went on sale very much closer to the event, so they pretty much had to have all the guests in place before they opened booking. This time, there's much longer to go and so all the time in the world for guests to be able to arrange to be there, as well as the other way around and for some to drop out - so I'm happy that we will end up with as good a line up as possible, and lots of good guests to meet.

My cynical head also says that the primary reason that the system went down last time was that Benedict was already announced as a guest, and the world and his dog all went 'squee' and broke the Internet. I can't imagine that we'd be looking at the same ticket prices as last year without some combination of Ben/Martin/Amanda/Andrew as leads, so it could be that this 'soft' launch was deliberately designed to give a more manageable start to booking, and that behind the scenes someone already pretty much knows what the line-up will be. They'll just dribble out the info to tease us!

I've booked a platinum package again just because I had such a great time last year, and we're already assured that all the elements would be worth £850 if paid for separately. That tells me that they have a good idea of who's coming, and some of them are going to command quite high prices.

• Like 2

I am not sure what ones to get as i cant go Saturday :grump:, thinking of going platium but can do you do it all in 1 day and possible friday evening?

last time there were no guests on the Friday evening, it was just a preview of the sets and things like that.

I am not sure what ones to get as i cant go Saturday :grump:, thinking of going platium but can do you do it all in 1 day and possible friday evening?

Friday is a preview night with no guest signings unless something has changed.

Crew will do their best to help you of course. But frankly, if you want to see some talks too I'd say even with crew help you'll have a hard time making it all in one day.

• Like 1

It's worth bearing in mind, folks, that last year the event was announced and the tickets went on sale very much closer to the event, so they pretty much had to have all the guests in place before they opened booking. This time, there's much longer to go and so all the time in the world for guests to be able to arrange to be there, as well as the other way around and for some to drop out - so I'm happy that we will end up with as good a line up as possible, and lots of good guests to meet.

My cynical head also says that the primary reason that the system went down last time was that Benedict was already announced as a guest, and the world and his dog all went 'squee' and broke the Internet. I can't imagine that we'd be looking at the same ticket prices as last year without some combination of Ben/Martin/Amanda/Andrew as leads, so it could be that this 'soft' launch was deliberately designed to give a more manageable start to booking, and that behind the scenes someone already pretty much knows what the line-up will be. They'll just dribble out the info to tease us!

I've booked a platinum package again just because I had such a great time last year, and we're already assured that all the elements would be worth £850 if paid for separately. That tells me that they have a good idea of who's coming, and some of them are going to command quite high prices.

You are the voice of reason! That is all very logical and the most likely answer. I'm one of natures worriers unfortunately so it's very easy to get caught up and not see the logic. It's far easier to reason about issues like this from someone else when you can be clear headed about it all :thumbup:

I'd say that you'd have to prioritise what you wanted to do as theirs no way you would be able to do all the auto's, pictures and talks in one day, though if you just want photo's and auto's that might be doable. The way it worked last year with the packages was that we all had assigned periods to go to each photoshoot according to ticket type. If you were unable to attend your assigned session you weren't able to go to another session on the previous/next day so it wasn't guaranteed if you missed your session. That means if you missed all of Saturday's photo's they might not be able to help you by putting you in the sunday sessions. The crew do obviously try to help where they can to get you through what you have paid for but whilst they might be able to slip you in to one or 2 photo sessions they probably won't be able to help you catch up having missed out on a whole day's worth of sessions.

It would probably be financially better to buy tickets for the day you can attend and for what you want to do on that day.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

I went for Plat again and got through really quickly so hopefully should have a low number. I've booked the Friday and Monday off this year so won't have to rush over from work and can have a lie in on the Monday!

I had the Plat pass last year, number 16. It got me absolutely nothing to have a low number, so I'm curious as to why you think that's important? I was even told by a volunteer that I had to wait in line until after Gold passes when I went for an autograph lol

I noticed that they state there are "10-12" guests, which is less than last year (and a good thing if you have a Platinum pass, because that was way too much to do in 2 days, lol).

I personally don't think we are going to get BC and MF for the same price as we got BC last year (Plat pass). I do hope for at least one of them and possibly AA as a lead guest.

Since it's so expensive to travel from the US, I'm waiting to purchase my pass until at least MF or BC are announced.

Interesting that BC is 'pre signed' for VIP.....although that does not rule him out for attending, last year there were only a handful of VIP guests, so why would they not be able to get an in person auto if he's there? Or maybe they get one in person and one presigned? Hmmm..........

All platinum package holders will be split into two groups. Both groups will have approximately half their photos on Saturday and half on Sunday.

I had the Plat pass last year, number 16. It got me absolutely nothing to have a low number, so I'm curious as to why you think that's important? I was even told by a volunteer that I had to wait in line until after Gold passes when I went for an autograph lol

It's not important just nice when things are done in ticket number order as it makes it even easier, less queuing. We were supposed to be let into the talks in number order last year so theoretically it meant you could just join the queue shortly before going in in your number place and didn't have to start queueing early.

With regards to auto's it was a bit less defined because it was essentially 'open for all' unlike the photo shoots where we had assigned sessions, but having a platinum pass should give you the ability to join the auto queue either on the end or in front of gold if appropriate.

It's not important just nice when things are done in ticket number order as it makes it even easier, less queuing. We were supposed to be let into the talks in number order last year so theoretically it meant you could just join the queue shortly before going in in your number place and didn't have to start queueing early.

With regards to auto's it was a bit less defined because it was essentially 'open for all' unlike the photo shoots where we had assigned sessions, but having a platinum pass should give you the ability to join the auto queue either on the end or in front of gold if appropriate.

Well, if that was supposed to happen, I never experienced it, lol. I don't think it's a big deal and I'm not worried about it :)

All platinum package holders will be split into two groups. Both groups will have approximately half their photos on Saturday and half on Sunday.

i may be able to do saturday but only until 1.30pm is that a better idea and will i still be able to do the photos then as well?

i may be able to do saturday but only until 1.30pm is that a better idea and will i still be able to do the photos then as well?

Last year the Plat photo ops were first thing in the morning, so maybe. We were not permitted to go on another day, but we could go later, if there was a later photo op. Personally, I would not take the chance, since you really won't know the schedule until very close to the con.

Hi!

I'll have to do a bit of horse trading with my managers (and hope like crazy) before I can try to book anything. The dates are slap bang in the middle of Registration at my university. I may be able to use time off in lieu for weekend work over the summer, but I'm not sure.

Missed that. They will be having the sets again as they are included in the VIP package including the Victorian set.

The Victorian set shoot is also included in the weekend pass so it's a bit stingy not to include it in the Silver/Gold/Platinum packages. Unless this is a misprint and it's been missed off those, maybe someone could double check *hint hint Queen_Sindel* ;)

Edited by evilfairie

Haven't booked anything yet but think I'll go platinum this time. The Gold pass was brilliant at the last show but it did mean a certain amount of waiting round in queues which meant I missed out on a few of the talks. Does seem they have done things the other way round this time, I suspect a lot of the reasons for the delays in announcing the last show was because they wanted to be as sure as they possibly could be that Cumberbatch was going to be there. Maybe this time it's more of a they hope to have him this time but cannot get an absolute commitment from him him. Personally I don't think Freeman will be at this event, I don't think it's a question of availability, I just don't think he has much interest in doing them, similarly with Amanda Abbington.

Interesting, on the main site for the empty guest spots most say coming soon but one says coming very soon. May mean we get some more news quite quickly.