Strange question

Hi all! A thought has just occurred to me, for Christmas I got a hard cover note pad with Darth Vader on it, it's really nice and I was thinking I don't know what to do with it (I could use it for notes but that's boring!) so I thought maybe every time I go up to a guest at any show for an autograph I would get them to write something in it... A little anecdote or joke or something like that, not a signature though. And then I could at the end of the year have something really nice to help remember the moments I spent with the guests at the shows. Is this a good idea or not? Thoughts anyone?? :) cheers :D

Edited by Gmorris2504

Sounds like a nice idea, but you might have a hard time getting much more than a small quote or 'best wishes' from a lot of the guests. They're all expecting to be signing rather than writing jokes so won't really have anything prepared. Also remember that some guest don't personalise so you wouldn't get anything from them.

• Like 1

I think as everyone else has said really it kind of depends on the guest.

Robert Englund for example, when I met him in Glasgow he pulled my dress down in the photoshoot then wrote "Nice ink bitch" when I got it signed :rolleyes:

He's a fantastic guy to meet

• Like 2

It's very much a business nowadays. It's not like the old days. They're expecting signatures and money but you will get some that will happily do it so it's not a bad idea just don't expect every single person to do it or you could always ask them to doodle something and then date it 2015.

I had an interesting time with Robert in Glasgow. I could feel the eyeballs behind me as I spent more time with him than anyone else lol.

Edited by thewizard
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone so far :) I'll take it along and see, was just a thought. Not really expecting everyone to write in it and as most of you have correctly stated it is a business where the actors and the organisers are payed for autographs rather than writing sentiments in a book. Thanks for the help though :D