A weekend with Jerry Ross April 17-18th 2015 at the Radisson

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Hello everyone

We have now had to change the date for the main Autographica next year , but there is good news.

Jerry ross will be our guest for the original weekend date at the Radisson.

We are going to do a weekend based around this Space shuttle legend.

It will be a much smaller event and we are still ironing out the creases at the hotel. At the moment we are planning a smaller drinks reception, signings , lectures, photoshoots and a Smaller version of our Gala dinner.

Having just Jerry to look after will also give us more time to spend with all of our attendees and we plan to make this a much more social event.

This will be a great chance to get up close and personal with Jerry especially as he cannot now make the October date.

This will be a much more personal experience compared to our October event,

So for all of you that have already booked accommodation and travel why not keep those bookings open and come along and meet Jerry.

We are still in the planning stage of the exact format and we will keep you all updated as we go along.

So for now watch this space

Dave phillips

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! This sounds AMAZING - I'm reading Jerry Ross's book 'Spacewalker' at the moment, it's EXCELLENT! He's been on 7 Shuttle missions, so having a 'low key' weekend with Jerry would be SUPERB! He's certainly got plenty to say. But obviously adding Chris Hadfield and/or Mike Mullane would mean it would be a huge sell-out event and you could call it Astrographica :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

Hello everyone

Sorry for the delay in posting any updates on the jerry Ross event.

We have been negotiating with the hotel and trying to find suitable space over that weekend.

I am pleased to let you all know that we have finally secured a room in which to conduct the jerry Ross signing.

Jerry will be signing between 9.30-4.30 on the Saturday only.

This will enable you all to get a chance to meet him without the usual hustle and bustle at the larger event.

We will have the usual selection of photos to choose from and of course you are welcome to bring along your own items to have signed.

Signature price will be £30.

We will be running a pre order service which will go up on the site as soon as we can.

You can always call me or send in your photos to the usual address.

We are working on a scaled down Friday drinks which will probably take place in the hotel bar.

This event will be much more personal than the usual event and give you a unique chance to meet a man who has flown in space 7 times.

As soon as I get more details I will post them here.

Dave Phillips

• Like 2

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone

I should have the room booking link through from the hotel shortly.

So anyone staying over will be able to use the link to book rooms at our usual rate.

Now I appreciate all the calls I have had looking forward to the event.

I want you all to remember that this is not going to be like a normal show. There will be no dealers and the room we are holding the signing in is small.

You will however get far more time with jerry and no doubt listen to his vast space flight experience.

The drinks on Friday night will be very much ad hoc and you will need to purchase drinks in the bar.

Jerry is very much looking forward to meeting you all and this will be a great informal chance to meet the man.

I think anyone attending will enjoy the weekend immensely.

Please feel free to call me directly if you have any suggestions

Dave Phillips

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone

We have had many enquires about this signing so i just wanted to let you all know that it is free to come in.

If we do a lecture and or photoshoot then that will be chargeable.

Jerry will be charging £30 per signature on any item.

Dave Phillips

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dave .

I feel really guilty asking , but need to get my finances in order . I booked vip tickets at the last event in Birmingham for the April Autogaraphica in london . thought it was a good idea to book in advance . , I am wondering now that this event has been scaled down does this vip ticket get me into the event in September ? Or does the vip ticket only cover me for the jerry ross event . ? Sorry to ask but need to get organised .Thanks so much .

• Showmasters Admin

Hi there

Your VIP ticket will automatically bump over to September.

The jerry Ross event does not require a ticket as it is free admission. The lecture is going to be limited availability on the website soon.

Cost will be £20 per person and would strongly advise you book in advance.

The drinks reception will be in the bar so no drinks are provided by us therefore that will also be free admission.

If any of you are interested in Saturday night dinner with jerry please contact me personally .

Hope all that helps, feel free to call if you need to.

Dave phillips

• Like 1