Sherlocked 2 and US event?

Any news on these? We had an email some time ago saying that a second con and a US event would be announced shortly.... If there's not then fine, I appreciate these things take some co-ordinating especially when the cast are all actors that are very much in demand at the moment. However the last email did seem to suggest that there would have been an announcement made within a couple of weeks of the email.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This has been tweeted by Sherlockology too.... shame we had to hear about it from a fansite and not the official organisers but hey, at least there's a date to start saving up for...

The official Massive Events website have officially announced it.

http://www.sherlocked.com/

The biggest criticism at the last event was the lack of communication. Massive Events have a mailing list from the previous event and were sending out emails saying an announcement was coming soon - last one was the Summer. They have facebook and twitter accounts as well which a lot of fans follow. Yet the only official announcement is a website.... how many people are actually checking that site on a regular basis when there hasn't been anything since the Summer? I would have hoped that they had learnt lessons from the last event, its not obvious so far that they have and that does concern me a little. It's not even listed as an event on this forum or on the Showmasters web site (Ok, yes its a holiday period, but why not back up the website posting using social media or wait until after the holiday period to make all announcements)

As someone who had an absolute blast at the first event, I would love for this to be the same... but unless the organisers address the concerns and issues that were raised by a lot of people, it's only going to be good for those that can afford to pay for the expensive packages.

• Like 1

Yepp. Recently I've got an email from Showmasters with a survey - one of the questions was if I intended to come for the next Sherlocked. So at least I knew there would be one this year.

The last post of the "Sherlocked official event Twitter account" is from June (!). The news came from a fellow fan.

As someone who did buy an expensive package - the quality of information I have got wasn't any better than the average. There is a LOT to improve.

Edited by J.P.
  • Like 1

thinking of news any news on whether there will be any more hobbit events? they got canceled when the hobbit movie were being filmed as they needed the actors to be filming out in Newfoundland (i presume) , but now the movies are over and all the extras have been filmed is there any chance of there being another event?

I have to say I hope it can be held at ExCel again as I thought it was a fantastic venue, very easy to get to, lots of food options, the sound system worked well and I could hear what was being said at the talks and though it did get hot it had high ceilings and never felt too crammed in.

• Like 2

I'm so happy, i didn't know until a friend sent a message to me.

The official FB page has posted the news just after the Christmas episode. Maybe they wanted to wait the screening before announcing the news.

I also hope it will be at the ExCel again, it will be so much easier for me to organize my travel.

Arghh, I was so hoping there wouldn't be another Sherlocked this year - I really want to go, but I've already committed a horrible amount of money to cons this year and the amount it cost me to attend the last Sherlocked means I'm going to have to wait and see what guests are announced...

Agree with previous comments re lack of communication (something that ME really needs to work on, I'm afraid) and that it would be nice if this con were held in the ExCel venue again - I liked it too.

message received, thanks evilfairie. I will forward it. I removed your post before someone gets ideas. ;)

Haha, no problem, was hoping someone would see my post and get the message to the correct people.

It's good to know it's going to be at the Excel again. Looking forward to info on guests and tickets etc. :)