Personalised autograph?

Tony1975

I get a mixture of 8x10s and Posters. On the posters I like to have just the signatures as these go up on my wall, but I do like getting the 8x10s personalised as it makes it feel a bit more special. For a lot of guests that sign my posters I end up getting 8x10 as well anyway, so I get it both ways!

This is usually something I'm not that fussed about they either personalise or don't I know the sig is authentic as I was there in person watching them sign so I don't care either way, I suppose it is a nice touch to the sig tho

However, if it was a sig on one of my posters I do prefer them to at least have their character name/s in brackets under their sig it helps if I have many sigs one the same poster so I remember who signed and stuff

Usually dont get things personalised as its usually a poster with multiple autos on it and it looks better without due to space.

However I do wish I got something personalised from both Summer and Lena last year :/ damn you Captain Hindsight!

we do both, actually. We use 10x8 that we generally have personalised but then when we use scripts or mounts for group siggies, we don't have them personalized. (we do usually have it personalised to "twinzz", we also sometimes have 1 8x10 personalized and not the other one)

quotes, we usually say "fly free and what you wanna write" and then we generally get some pretty good stuff :P

Both for me - if it's a single signed 8x10, yes, if it's a multisigned item (poster, book or picture), no as it would look wierd having your name loads of times on it. I'm also fine if they want to write something, or have a laugh with their signing. David Hewlett (Stargate) signed one of my posters and drew an arrow pointing at Earth with 'McKay lives here'. A suprising number of Stargate guests jokingly asked me if they could sign over Richard Dean Anderson's head. Even though I said I didn't mind none of them actualy did.

I think for the single signed items it's what you intend doing with them that counts as well. If you want them idividually framed or stored it doesn't matter if they all have your name on, but if you wanted them framed together in a montage it would look odd.

I always have autographs personalised. I've started getting DVDs and books signed rather than headshots too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...