Countdown to Chevron 8.1!

ang.chong

Heading over to the Radisson tomorrow to get all settled in and find my bearings. And then Friday will be the first time I have ever attended a proper, proper convention[*]. Nervous and excited in equal measure.

[*] Well, not quite true, I suppose.

(I joined a group of King Kong fans/Peter Jackson fans got together for the world premiere of Peter Jackson's King Kong back in 2005 in New York. We met up for lunch, went up the Empire State Building, and then went on to the premiere in the evening - tickets very kindly given to us by Universal. Amongst the guests were George Lucas (and son), Rick Baker, Stephen King, Peter Jackson, Jack Black, Naomi Watts, Jamie Bell (who sat directly behind me in the theatre), Andy Serkis, and many more besides. It was staggering. Got to see the original 1930's King Kong armature used by Willis O'Brien. The irony was that the associate producer of that film went to work for the same company as me the following week - she only recognised we were at the same place at the same time by the fan T-Shirt somebody had made up that I wore to work that day.)

TOMORROW TOMORROW I LUV YU TOMORROW. WOOOOO i cant wait. just got a few more things to pack once they come out of the tumble dryer, need to get some money out and need to print something off. im so excited. think i'll be jumping up and down tomorrow. YAY. i cant believe its tomorrow.

Edited by stargate geek emily

Have arrived at the Radisson. Unpacked. Ready to go, go go. Checking out the restaurant this evening to see if it's feasible (in terms of costs and/or value for money) for the next three nights or, as has been said, it'll be the 24 hour McDonalds. Hoping the former, of course.

Have arrived at the Radisson. Unpacked. Ready to go, go go. Checking out the restaurant this evening to see if it's feasible (in terms of costs and/or value for money) for the next three nights or, as has been said, it'll be the 24 hour McDonalds. Hoping the former, of course.

Keep us updated.

The one thing I would have liked the Radisson to have done is make the menus available outside of the restaurant. Will investigate further later when I've got a proper shirt and looking a little smarter than I am now. I did pop next door for a quick bite at McDonalds - not the greatest selection on offer, but they do make a good mocha if nothing else.

BTW, is anybody else here at the Radisson yet (and is checking these forums - the internet access here isn't bad - about 5Mbs average via wi-fi)

The one thing I would have liked the Radisson to have done is make the menus available outside of the restaurant. Will investigate further later when I've got a proper shirt and looking a little smarter than I am now. I did pop next door for a quick bite at McDonalds - not the greatest selection on offer, but they do make a good mocha if nothing else.

BTW, is anybody else here at the Radisson yet (and is checking these forums - the internet access here isn't bad - about 5Mbs average via wi-fi)

Wait until tomorrow when there are an extra 250+ people checked in all trying to get on twitter or check their emails...