Hotel Code?

ang.chong

Hmmmmm.... did you make the reservation through the events line or through the central booking office?

That's what I suspected too, that for some reason the hotel did not apply the right code.

I'm waiting for Mark to get back to me to confirm the booking conditions. But personally I'd say something went wrong with Arcane's booking.

Hmmmmm.... did you make the reservation through the events line or through the central booking office?

I booked through the events dept, using the telephone number: 0208 757 7903. The original confirmation was sent to someone else's e-mail address apparently, so I called again and got them to resend it.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't believe so. I was just asked to give a card number to guarantee the booking. It's just so if you don't turn up they can still charge you. When you check in they'll ask which card you want the room charged to.

At least that's how it usually works for me.

some hotels take a deposit when you book but they most definitely do not take full payment.

Some do if it's a special offer rate. Travelodge do this a lot.

Lines were closed when I called last night so for reference to anyone yet to call, it's only open until 6pm!

I have had the same message as Arcane. I booked through the event centre as usual but I also have the message about "100% cancellation charge from the time of reservation". I presume this is an error as I haven't had this at previous cons but would like it confirmed. They have applied the code as the charges are correct. Any news Queen Sindel?

Does anyone know if you have to pay for parking?

Am looking at here or travelogue.

Yes, they charge for parking as far as I know.

If memory serves it's about £14 per day.

Last time I paid for parking when checking out and they validated the ticket and charged me £5 per day. Its more expensive if you use the machines to pay for the parking.

Does anyone know if you have to pay for parking?

Am looking at here or travelogue.

Yes, they charge for parking as far as I know.

If memory serves it's about £14 per day.

Last time I paid for parking when checking out and they validated the ticket and charged me £5 per day. Its more expensive if you use the machines to pay for the parking.

Seems to depend on who you get. I've had it cheaper like you, free once and been told no discount and had to pay at machine. Consistency seems lacking but always worth asking on check out.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi there,

I have now been given an online link for booking rooms for Chevron 8.1 :dance:

You can still call up and book using the code 030414 on 0208 757 7903, or use the link below to book securely online.

http://www.radissonblu-edwardian.com/stargate

Thanks and hope this makes life a bit easier for everyone!

Mark :smile:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Any word on the "100% cancellation charge" thing? (Post #44 onwards). Queen Sindel, you said you'd look into this for me?

I have every intention of coming to the convention and using the room, but I'm a bit concerned that the Radisson are applying this policy without ME (or us con-goers!) being aware. My friend had a booking at the Radisson for this coming weekend with another group and had to cancel due to work commitments - and the Radisson said the 100% cancellation charge thing is a standard charge and applies to all 'group' bookings (although the con organiser in question seemed to know nothing of it).

Any word on the "100% cancellation charge" thing? (Post #44 onwards). Queen Sindel, you said you'd look into this for me?

I have every intention of coming to the convention and using the room, but I'm a bit concerned that the Radisson are applying this policy without ME (or us con-goers!) being aware. My friend had a booking at the Radisson for this coming weekend with another group and had to cancel due to work commitments - and the Radisson said the 100% cancellation charge thing is a standard charge and applies to all 'group' bookings (although the con organiser in question seemed to know nothing of it).

We still haven't heard differently than the policies on the ME site. Mark certainly knew nothing about a change. I'll need to check again if he got hold of his booking person. If that helps, a friend of mine cancelled his room last month and he wasn't charged.

You can check the booking here:

http://www.radissonblu.com/reservation/

Login with your first and last name and reservation number (that would have been given over the phone). You can check cancellation policy and all aspects other aspects of the reservation. I just added my loyalty card number - figured that if I like this event and they come back to the Radisson, it'll pay to start earning points.

I just cancelled by booking.com reservation and called up the Radisson using the details on the Massive Events site. They were brilliant - they honoured the £70 rate + breakfast for the whole four nights I'm staying, and I save £114 over what I would have been paying through booking.com.

I can confirm what Kris Du Berg has said - cancel up to the 27th March without being charged, after that you get charged £70.

I appreciate the efforts to help, but you seem to be missing the point. I know what the reservatiuon policy is *supposed* to be, but that does not change the fact that my confirmation says that 100% cancellation charge applies. Also viewing my reservation on their site does not give any specific info about the cancellation policy.