Frequently Asked Questions

If someone curses at you by all means point them out to the crew - if this gets too bad the people cursing can and will be removed from the show.

I don't know how the access will be handled this time, but I will pass it on.

Last time round, I saw people with expensive passes being moved in front of wheelchair users who had been waiting for ages. No way can this be fair.

Last time the assistance for disabled attendees was handled by Media 10. I have no info at all how they handled things with priority for disabled attendees, sorry.

Some passes paid for priority access. I imagine the wheelchair users may have got priority in the Group they paid for. But as I have no info like I said this is just a guess and nothing else.

If someone curses at you by all means point them out to the crew - if this gets too bad the people cursing can and will be removed from the show.

Last time round, I saw people with expensive passes being moved in front of wheelchair users who had been waiting for ages. No way can this be fair.

How is that not fair?

If you have bought something that has the perk of going to the front of the queue why shouldn't you be entitled to use it?

Not sure where wheelchair users come in the access list but presumably if they had standard tickets they would be moved to the front of those ticket holders but behind the others with priority access?

Last time the assistance for disabled attendees was handled by Media 10. I have no info at all how they handled things with priority for disabled attendees, sorry.

Some passes paid for priority access. I imagine the wheelchair users may have got priority in the Group they paid for. But as I have no info like I said this is just a guess and nothing else.

I had a standard ticket last time and everyone was extremely helpful, no queue problems, they even put me in the photo section ready before Mr Shatner arrived so I was first to get a photo, I even got extra time with him while they were setting up the camera :)

I had a standard ticket last time as well. For Mr. Shatner I was also put to the front of the queue and had a similar experience to you Daniel_Baker - he was an utter delight to chat to despite me nearly running over his toe with my chair...

For Jeri I had to wait in the queue but I got through fairly quickly in 15 minutes and I didn't mind the wait.

Autograph queues were 50/50 without asking. Whilst I hadn't paid for it I certainly didn't mind when it happened.

I don't think all wheelchair users by default should jump to the front, especially ahead of those who have paid significant amounts of money. We dont always want preferential treatment, just fair and equal treatment - unless of course there are particular individual circumstances where someone has requirements taking a little more time that benefit the whole queue by getting them sorted first.

Where it was most helpful was with the free talk stages, in particular when popular guests were there and the seating area was over full. Every time I was fedexed to the front without question, otherwise I'd have spent all of my time staring at people's backs standing in front of me. I have to say all the guests were also excellent encouraging us to get as close to the stage as possible to fit more wheelchairs and those with access needs in too.

Edited by robmoriarty

Last time I paid for a commanders pass as you cant see my disability as it affects my left arm and other pro's mean I would be looking for a loo. I am 64 but through not getting illness treated right was left with my problems. Whiss I could ha e seen a star Fleat Dr.

Edited by seela

I am able bodied and I have NO PROBLEMS with disabled fast tracking for wheelchair users and other obvious physically disabled attendees regardless of which ticket they have purchased.

I've observed that at most events, the disabled do get preferential treatment especially if that disabled person is a child.

At DST3 I had photoshoots with different guests at different photo areas and after showing my tickets I was able to be fast tracked in order to get to the other shoots/guest talks. Strictly speaking I could have been made to wait. Event staff were helpful due to the circumstances.

I personally hate standing for long periods myself and for past events I have brought with me a collapsible tripod style camping/fishing seat or sat on the floor.

Perhaps someone here can answer a question : if a wheelchair attendee needs to go back to the hotel for a couple of hours during the day is it possible to go and come back - have tried emailing official disabled helpline but not had any response so far

Perhaps someone here can answer a question : if a wheelchair attendee needs to go back to the hotel for a couple of hours during the day is it possible to go and come back - have tried emailing official disabled helpline but not had any response so far

This is possible for all Events. This one is no exception. Not a problem at all.

This is possible for all Events. This one is no exception. Not a problem at all.

yes absolutely. If it's like last time you trade your ticket in for a wrist band so you can come and go as you please.

Could anyone tell me if you have a captains ticket do I have to book a day and time slot on line I tried this and it was going to charge me I'm in group a so they should have been free for shatners and shimmerman or will the organisers have a different way of picking time and days.

Thanks

I have a somewhat stupid question regarding the photoshoots because I can't remember for the life of me how they were organised at the previous DST.
Is it possible that there'll be 2 photoshoots slots per day per guest?

I'm asking because I'll be there only on the Saturday afternoon and the Sunday all day and I'd like to try and not have all my photoshoots on the Sunday only.
So for instance if I buy a photoshoot for Guest A on Saturday before having the convention schedule, and if that guest has only a photoshoot slot on the Saturday morning, I'm toast. Don't know if I'm making any sense, English isn't my first language.

Could anyone tell me if you have a captains ticket do I have to book a day and time slot on line I tried this and it was going to charge me I'm in group a so they should have been free for shatners and shimmerman or will the organisers have a different way of picking time and days.

Thanks

Should have said this is for photo shoots

Thanks

Should have said this is for photo shoots

But do you mean for the ones included in your package or extra/non included ones?

Exactly what Raylenth said. I don't quite understand your question either. If you are on about the shoots that are included: yes, you will be assigned a day. The Group allocation of shoots as far as it's known so far is on the Captain's Package Website meanwhile. When the schedule comes out the times for your shoots should be published.

Any additional shoots you want to buy: fair game, whenever you want them.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I have a somewhat stupid question regarding the photoshoots because I can't remember for the life of me how they were organised at the previous DST.

I'm asking because I'll be there only on the Saturday afternoon and the Sunday all day and I'd like to try and not have all my photoshoots on the Sunday only.

So for instance if I buy a photoshoot for Guest A on Saturday before having the convention schedule, and if that guest has only a photoshoot slot on the Saturday morning, I'm toast. Don't know if I'm making any sense, English isn't my first language.

The popular guests might have two. But that would really be Christopher Lloyd or William Shatner for example. A guest like Martha Hackett - then it would be more doubtful.

Actually re reading it Shatner and Shimmerman are Group A so Leetrekie must have picked that group, if by 'free' they mean their group included photoshoots. AS QS says the ones included in your group package will be at a set day and session, you will be informed when it will be when the organisers release the schedule nearer to the event.

I'm not sure what you mean about being asked to select a time slot as I don't think you ever get asked for this. If you want to purchase additional photo's you can select the day you have it done but there aren't any time slots available.

If you are in Group A you don't need to select any tickets for the people included in your group in the ticket shop as they are included, unless you want more pictures with those particular people - your ticket will have your group designation on it so when you go for your included photo shoots the crew will mark your attendance off.

Edited by Raylenth

The popular guests might have two. But that would really be Christopher Lloyd or William Shatner for example. A guest like Martha Hackett - then it would be more doubtful.

Okay, thanks for the information. What are the chances of Llyod and Shatner photoshoots tickets being still available by the time the convention schedule is out, though, if I really don't want to risk it?

Edited by Minuialeth75

Okay, thanks for the information. What are the chances of Llyod and Shatner photoshoots tickets being still available by the time the convention schedule is out, though, if I really don't want to risk it?

This is really just going to be a guess. I never feel comfortable doing this, so please take this with a grain of salt.

William Shatner has done a number of events before. He shouldn't sell out that fast. Christopher Lloyd however... he was insanely popular when he was at LFACC last year. Him I can actually see selling out.