Comments/suggestions for the next Sherlocked!

Raylenth

Again starting this early as I have a suggestion I wanted to mention before I forget in the hecticness of the weekend. Please feel free to add any comments or suggestions (or constructive complaints) here.

My first is Friday. If you do have another Sherlocked and it's as big as this one with as many guests, please consider if it would be possible to have any activities in the 2 hours you are open on the Friday. By that I mean potentially maybe some of the smaller guests being in attendance during the 2 hours for either photo's or autographs. This would allow the package holders who are there to register an opportunity to get a few things done on Friday which would relieve a lot of the pressure during the weekend and mean not as much has to be missed out in order to get the things they really want done.

• Like 4

Classification of package groups and activity areas.

Next time please make these distinct from each other. Currently we have the package groups by letter Plat A, Plat B ect but the photo booths are also A and B. This is causing massive confusion for the people who don't come to these events regularly and who don't know how it works. The number of times now I've explained it to people on Facebook I couldn't say. Please use a different identification system to avoid confusion.

Thank you!

As much as the idea of thinking about another event before this one is done is terrifying, I do agree about having guests available on the Friday for either signings or photo shoots. I suspect the problem is though the majority of the cast, especially the recurring ones, are in high demand for film, TV and theatre, it's probably a challenge enough to get them for even one or two days, let alone more.

As much as the idea of thinking about another event before this one is done is terrifying, I do agree about having guests available on the Friday for either signings or photo shoots. I suspect the problem is though the majority of the cast, especially the recurring ones, are in high demand for film, TV and theatre, it's probably a challenge enough to get them for even one or two days, let alone more.

I know, but I thought I'd mention it - even if they could only get 3 or 4 there on the Friday it would still be something. It's a catch 22 situation though, I love that they have got so many guests, especially the production team, as it really makes it a brilliant event and worth the money. The flip side is when you're paying £600 for a ticket and are having to think about what activities that you've paid for you'll have to potentially sacrifice to get other things done it's not brilliant.

Who knows though, it may be fine and we do manage to get most things, we will have to wait and see.

I agree whole heartedly about having a few minor guests on Friday night. Any thing we can get done then means that much less we have to worry about on Sat and Sun - maybe it would mean getting to hear all of a talk instead of having to arrive late or cut out early. I'm taking advantage of doing the 'you on 221B/Speedwell's' photos so they're out of the way. And hopefully will be able to see some of the other exhibits so I'll have more time for everything else.

As for the Group A & B vs photo A & B - they're doing it slightly differently for the US one by using 'Baker Street' and 'Diogenes Club' instead of Group A & B. We'll just have to wait and see how that works.

Classification of package groups and activity areas.

Next time please make these distinct from each other. Currently we have the package groups by letter Plat A, Plat B ect but the photo booths are also A and B. This is causing massive confusion for the people who don't come to these events regularly and who don't know how it works. The number of times now I've explained it to people on Facebook I couldn't say. Please use a different identification system to avoid confusion.

Thank you!

Appledore and Baker Street? :smile:

I've been thinking this over, and have been struggling to think of too many other improvements, maybe a few more things on the Friday night might have been good, but my main idea would be to have replaced the Una, Wanda and Timothy talk with a succession of coffee mornings with them! I could happily have sat and listened to them for hours!

• Like 2

The only thing that I have to comment on really is the queuing for Benedict's talk and the fact that people were allowed to stay in the hall from the previous talk which meant even arriving there extremely early the front of the hall was almost full. They did get everyone to adjust their seating but maybe it should have been the old system of queuing in S2.

One thing I'd like to see some kind of adjustment to, and this is at all cons, not just Sherlocked, but Benedict's photo session was a prime example: the mass huddle around the zig-zag queue lines. People with batch 8 tickets standing at the front, blocking anyone else's pathway to the queue when they've been called. I had to fight my way to the front just to get in the queue because I had been at the other photo session, and no one can move because they've wedged themselves in. If, by the zig-zag queue there could be "batch parking spaces" that say batch 1, then anyone with batch 1 stands in that area, anyone with batch 2 stands in their relevant space. This would make moving into the queue much easier.

• Like 1

I think this is probably the most difficult element of a convention to manage. I thought the crew member manning the line for the morning Cumberbatch job was doing a good job of telling people who didn't have platinum (or possibly golds) that they would not get done in the morning and to come back in the afternoon. I don't know what the answer is really, you can only have so many areas set aside for people to wait in and you can only tell people so many times to come back in half an hour. I think everyone to varying extents loses their heads a bit at these shows and suddenly being 5th in a queue rather than being 27th suddenly feels like the most important thing in the world!

This was at the afternoon session. With the rest of Golds, Silvers and all 8 batches to get through, photo area A became a mass huddle. Maybe for the big guests, where all batches will be queuing, there should be designated areas for batch holders to wait, so at least that way, there's no pushing and shoving to get to the queue because someone in batch 7 is standing at the front in everyone else's way while batch 1 is being called. I know it'll never happen though.

Yeah, look at the area around the set for the Benedict 221b shoot. The crew told people repeatedly to go away and come back in 20 mins but no one did. Even when it started they told everyone outside of the queue to go awaybut no one did because they all wanted a glimpse of him.

I think that was a difficult one because by that time the event had effectively closed for lunch, most of the guests were on (well deserved) breaks so it felt to me that a lot of people were milling about and so naturally gravitated to where they next needed to be. i think that's what makes these sorts of event so difficult to manage is that you aren't just selling customers a product, people are so emotionally involved a fair bit of rationality goes out the window.

• Like 1

I don't think there is an easy answer to this, although I suspect the easy answer is if all of us as attendees did as we were told by the crew!

Nail...head!

Unfortunately people don't. Perhaps they should give us a megaphone and let us shout it directly into their ears? Or cattle prods? :whistling:

Just for reference I am the person you will usually see trying to organise the chaos of photoshoots and at least the attendees did a better job of listening than at, say, LFCC. But equally I don't know what the answer is. You can make it as clear as anything to people that they're not going to get through in that session, but getting them to understand that... At least we had fun in the longer session with can-cans, congas, macarenas, twerking and other such things :thumbup:

• Like 1