Nicky's patented "Who was that fit girl?' thread

I'll be cosplaying as jabba the hutt next year ;_;

really? or was that sarcastic lol?

Pikachu? ^_^

hahahah, amazing. :D

And that costume would totally work for this thread too! I mean, I think that pikachu could be really fit ;):(

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not every girl cosplays as an excuse to wear tight clothes. I was probably wearing one of the tightest things on Sautrday and I felt NADA attractive..I had no boobs, I was sweating pancakes and I was grouchy because I'd had no sleep...Most people cosplay because they like the character, perhaps they feel a connection with them, or they like the change the character gives them and it's a lot of fun..it's not an excuse to 'look sexy'. At least not for me anyway.

As a female whos straight, I didnt find any of the other girls 'hot' per say but I did like the regular Alice, Turkfox, The team jacob girl ^_^, Luna, Carlisle and blue star trek girl :).

Edited by touchthesky

yeh i mean the thread could even be just for stupid things like 'ah someone had a really cool custom t-shirt on, who was that?' or 'someone was walking around in a new found glory tee, i love them!!'

on Sunday i was waering a NFG shirt, the Michael Jackson tribute one, 3rd best band ever! HA!

...But how will you find one if you only notice the girls who are already dressed how you want them to? :/
How can you expect him to notice them though if they dont make themselves noticable? They have to do better than just sit and hope.

Because some girls like to be themselves? and not be made to feel like they have to put on some tight/revealing cosplay (or general) outfit? and make-up etc? i woulda thought at a convention full of so-called geeks there'd be more people who didn't follow all the clichés of how girls 'should' be, and that average/normal looking girls would be noticed as much as the 'cosplay tottie'

In fairness to Aelred I don't think he's purely looking for "totty" over any other consideration. I think there is that thing of going "Woah...", but that applies just as much to girls as it does to guys. I daresay everyone would agree that there's a lot more to it than that, and in fact that part of things is actually pretty small in the scheme of things. Someone made a good point earlier, which is that he has an easy "in" with a "cosplay girl", of saying, for example, "Wow! great outfit!" and boom! he's got a conversation going.

But it's no different for girls. If you saw that little fella from Twilight knocking about, you'd probably be all "OMG look at those biceps" or whatever - but that doesn't mean that's the end of the story, or even the beginning. After all, a) he could be a right idiot, and b ) sometimes you get to know someone who doesn't look like they were carved out of granite and suddenly realize that they're enormously attractive to you, for a variety of reasons.

Personally, I think that in Aelred's ongoing search for love, whilst he might have been distracted momentarily by surface considerations, he's wise enough to know that's only a small part of the story.

Edited by MikeDonovan

Oh man, my one little comment seemed to have sparked off a lot more :o

Sorry guys!! That really wasn't my intention~~

I was mostly hoping for a "actually, I noticed all sorts of girls, but it's easier to mention the cosplayers cause I have pics and they're more easy to identify" kind of thing....

I really didn't mean to spark off discourse on the part of physical attractiveness and choice of garments in the process of looking for a potential partner!!

And I definitely didn't mean to start a witch-hunt for Aelred! ((Who didn't even acknowledge the fact that I said I saw him at LFCC09 and called him fit XD))

And to the shy guys, next event, if there's a girl you want to start a conversation with, if you see me, talk to me, and I'll help you start talking to her. How's that for making amends? :D

Woot! forum-support-network XD;

*trying to lighten the mood*

Yeah to defend the men on this forum, we do compliment other posters who were not in costume as well. I myself have said people looked gorgeous in the 'post your pictures thread'

This thread though, is one for people asking 'who was it', and mostly the people you DONT speak to and get to know at the cons are the ones in costume.

As this and the other threads have shown, most of us are a shy bunch, and so do not just go up and ask people for names and pictures when wandering around.

If I could remember and list everyone I thought was atractive and pretty over the weekend it would be a long list, lots of them not in any sort of costume.

Myself and my friend were sitting next to them at the 12.35 star trek talk. Real babes, tried to muster up the courage to talk to them but hit a wall of phail. On that note, Dominic Keating came across as very rude, overpowering and abrasive, and even slightly racist @_o.

Well, I met Dominic Keating and thought he was absolutely charming. If you found him "rude, overpowering and abrasive" then maybe that's more of a reflection of your own inadequate shortcomings seeing as, by your own admission, you lack even the courage to speak to the opposite sex. Are you jealous, maybe, seeing as Keating has the attractive confidence so pathetically insufficient in yourself?

As for calling him "slightly racist", I find that slanderous. I assume you're ignorant of the fact that his girlfriend is Vietnamese.

Yeah I found DK to be very nice when I met him. He is someone who is very confident in themselves, and shows it.

But I wouldnt mistake that confidence for arrogance or rudeness. He is just a confident bloke.

Yeah, totally, nothing wrong with being a confident bloke - often leads to interesting stories;)

Or so I hear.

In fact I specifically got my photoshoot with him due to the fact he was such a large personality at the Heroes talk.

Edited by Kenny

Yeah, totally, nothing wrong with being a confident bloke - often leads to interesting stories;)

Or so I hear.

In fact I specifically got my photoshoot with him due to the fact he was such a large personality at the Heroes talk.

Keating does a lot of conventions and knows how to play the game; his sense of humour and playfulness have brightened up many events he's attended. Not all con guests know how to work a crowd.

As for his confidence, well, it's off the scale. I was the girl walking around on Sunday with his autograph on my, ahem, breast area. He may not be much of a traditional hunk but that kind of cheeky confidence makes him incredibly sexy, in my opinion. He totally won me over.

He may not be much of a traditional hunk but that kind of cheeky confidence makes him incredibly sexy

That is sooooooooooooooo me.

Edit: added an 'o'.

Edited by Kenny

Myself and my friend were sitting next to them at the 12.35 star trek talk. Real babes, tried to muster up the courage to talk to them but hit a wall of phail. On that note, Dominic Keating came across as very rude, overpowering and abrasive, and even slightly racist @_o.

If you found him "rude, overpowering and abrasive" then maybe that's more of a reflection of your own inadequate shortcomings seeing as, by your own admission, you lack even the courage to speak to the opposite sex. Are you jealous, maybe, seeing as Keating has the attractive confidence so pathetically insufficient in yourself?

:D

I was the girl walking around on Sunday with his autograph on my breast

:blush:

If you found him "rude, overpowering and abrasive" then maybe that's more of a reflection of your own inadequate shortcomings seeing as, by your own admission, you lack even the courage to speak to the opposite sex. Are you jealous, maybe, seeing as Keating has the attractive confidence so pathetically insufficient in yourself?

:D

I was the girl walking around on Sunday with his autograph on my breast

:blush:

Yeah i read those comments and thought the same... you put it better than i would have though

Yeah i read those comments and thought the same... you put it better than i would have though

What's the problem with writing in full sentences? If someone is going to accuse Keating of racism, then yes, I'm going to have a go. So, what's your point, exactly?

I thought that was hilarious.

OK OK i apologise for my rant i wasn't aiming to give or receive personal attacks, i know this is just a bit of fun and i didn't mean to be too hypocritical (i remember keeping it fairly ambigious) by posting in the other thread i think i was just in a particularly crummy mood as i have not been feeling great generally for a while. There was definitely no need to attack me personally and say 'well no-one cares about that' as i didn't attack anyone personally. I was aware there'd be this sort of topic after the show as turkfox mentioned it in the pictures thread. I don't why reading through it got to me so much - indeed there may have been a small amount of jealousy, but also just my general mindset/mood most of the time lately. Please don't judge me based on one rant as i wasn't judging anyone as a whole, just stating an opinion at the time. I wouldn't like, dislike any of you or not give you a chance if I met you. Sorry if it seemed otherwise.

I really didn't mean to spark off discourse on the part of physical attractiveness and choice of garments in the process of looking for a potential partner!!

And I definitely didn't mean to start a witch-hunt for Aelred! ((Who didn't even acknowledge the fact that I said I saw him at LFCC09 and called him fit XD))

How the hell did I miss that!!! :D

Thank you very much Sakuraso, you've made my day :(:D:lol: Hehe :D

But if there is a witch hunt I'm taking you down with me, missy!

In other news, I think a few people in here need to cheer up, we've just spent the weekend meeting our heroes and cool people like ourselves! How could life be any better? :blush:

I guess so, truce? *holds hand out*

Sorry I missed the argument!

I also humbly apologise for using mean insensitive words like 'inadequate' and 'pathetic' in an earlier post that might have cruelly hurt the feelings of anyone inadequate or pathetic.

Group hug?