Photo shoot's for the first time guy LFCC 2015

Hi everyone I need your help.

ive never been to a showmasters event before and have booked photos with Christopher Lloyd, lea Thompson, Robert England, Neve Campbell, and James tolkan and im worried that ive booked way to many as a guy I know who has been has just told me id be lucky to get 2 done :(

its bad enough ive had people laugh at me when I ask if anyone wants to go so ill be on my own and can rush about if need be, but wanted to know if it looks like ill be loosing money? and if im very lucky and get all 5 done and have the time and any money left can I pay on the day for another photo? or is it online booking only?

from what I hear showmasters are very busy at this time with all the events so thought id try asking on here before I send them an email.

many thanks in advance

michael

• Like 1

I managed to get 7 done in a day last year with no problems at all and I know there are people on here who go into double figures a day. Actually having the photo taken is very quick (we are talking about seconds for each person) so your only concern is if photo shoots clash. If this happens then you need to work out which shoot is best to go to first (this depends on start times and length of shoot) and speak to a member of the crew who will rush you through as quickly as possible so you can make the next one.

Tickets for photos are sold on the day, unless they sell out before the show. Also the queues to buy them are usually quite long so I advise buying in advance.

• Like 2

As for people laughing at you for going, seriously don't even think about it. I've met 2 of my closest friends and alot of other friends that I would never have been lucky enough to meet without going to these events. You will really enjoy it honestly :)

• Like 1

it would be great to meet new friends as since I left London and moved to Bournemouth ive not really met any, and as im far from a big drinker and spend my free time either with the kids or watching films and 80's tv shows its hard to meet any with the same interests lol

• Like 1

You have an opportunity to take away some amazing memories. Just plan what you need to do and you'll have a great time. I look at my photos on a daily basis and just shake my head with amazement at all the fabulous guests I've been able to meet. I hope you have a wonderful time.

• Like 1

ive never been to a showmasters event before and have booked photos with Christopher Lloyd, lea Thompson, Robert England, Neve Campbell, and James tolkan and im worried that ive booked way to many as a guy I know who has been has just told me id be lucky to get 2 done :(

its bad enough ive had people laugh at me when I ask if anyone wants to go so ill be on my own and can rush about if need be, but wanted to know if it looks like ill be loosing money? and if im very lucky and get all 5 done and have the time and any money left can I pay on the day for another photo? or is it online booking only?

from what I hear showmasters are very busy at this time with all the events so thought id try asking on here before I send them an email.

many thanks in advance

michael

You'll be fine I promise. Last year was the busiest and biggest event SM have thrown. I managed to get 5 shoots done in one day on my own (I was 16 at the time) :) if you have a clash talk to the Crew and they can sort you out. Everyone is really friendly and helpful! After all we're all there for the same reason!
  • Like 1

it would be great to meet new friends as since I left London and moved to Bournemouth ive not really met any, and as im far from a big drinker and spend my free time either with the kids or watching films and 80's tv shows its hard to meet any with the same interests lol

Are you going to be going to the Bournemouth one in August?

Are you going to be going to the Bournemouth one in August?

yes I am, so far its just the 1 photo shoot ive booked and had the ticket for. ill be on my own for that one as well lol but its only up the road from me so I don't mind to much

many thanks in advance

michael

You'll be fine I promise. Last year was the busiest and biggest event SM have thrown. I managed to get 5 shoots done in one day on my own (I was 16 at the time) :) if you have a clash talk to the Crew and they can sort you out. Everyone is really friendly and helpful! After all we're all there for the same reason!

thanks m8, I have to say chatting to you all today has made me feel a lot better about it

You'll be fine with photoshhoot, it gets a bit tricky if you're looking at mixing photoshoots schedule and queuing for autographs, especially if you're looking to get your pic from the photoshoot signed.... I personnaly have one item signed and the pic with the guest signed and personalised as well.

But I'm more pics oriented, autographs is a plus, so far not a huge year for me in terms of how many guests I'll meet, MJ Fox and Christopher Lloyd so far, huge year in terms of guests.... And they'll be a few more by July.

Photoshoot at a LFCC are extremely well organised, I remember when I first attended, you at to wait and come back later in the day and try to find your picture on huge tables with everyone else's picture displayed, nowadays it's awesome you meet the guest, a few second later, your pic is printed and handed over to you.... Always nice to bring a folder or something to protect them, or you can also buy them at the show...

If you should decide to get something signed virtual queuing is awesome, just make you're way as soon as possible to the signing area to get your ticket, and come back later, my first year I didn't know this, it was when Christopher Lloyd came for his first appearance, I got a high number and got my autographs by the end of the day, many didn't get an autograph at all.

Edited by mrvega
  • Like 1

Last year I had 5 photo shoots and still had time to get all my autographs I wanted (about 20-30 including comic ones ) look around the stalls and buy some geeky stuff and sit down to eat my sandwiches ! I was on my own so I was able to go at my own pace ! You'll be fine 👍 enjoy the show !

Last year I had 5 photo shoots and still had time to get all my autographs I wanted (about 20-30 including comic ones ) look around the stalls and buy some geeky stuff and sit down to eat my sandwiches ! I was on my own so I was able to go at my own pace ! You'll be fine 👍 enjoy the show !