Southern Trains Strike 12th-17th July

Hi all,

Annoyingly, Southern Trains Engineers have voted for a five day strike from 5pm Friday 12th July to 5pm Friday 17th July:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33377128

I am hopeful that this will be prevented as five days is a long time and a lot of lost revenue for the train companies if it goes ahead.

Also, it doesn't mean that there will be no trains running at all. I'll have to just get an even earlier one from Tunbridge Wells!

• Like 1

I think Brighton to London has a mixture of Southern and someone else go to Clapham... Needless to say I will be keeping an eye out for anything other then Southern.

It'll be Thameslink (First Capital Connect) who you are thinking of. Problem is that they are the same company now, Govia. The trains are still going to stay stickered as they are but they are now Govia. Confused? Welcome to the rail industry.

I will go into the train station tomorrow and if this becomes an issue, will have to find a new way in which to get to London. May need to get a coach trip myself. No big deal, just an irritant, that's all.

What vicky has written is correct, South West Trains will be fine.

Excellent, that's put my mind at rest :)

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but this annoucement says 5 day strike from 12th July, if I'm counting right should it be 12th-16th july ?? And there is no mention of 17th

5 days:

5pm 12th - 5pm 13th = 1day

5pm 13th - 5pm 14th = 1day

5pm 14th - 5pm 15th = 1day

5pm 15th - 5pm 16th = 1day

5pm 16th - 5pm 17th = 1day

= 5days

• Like 2

Yet there's nothing on the Southern trains website (well I couldn't see anything) and I've just booked a ticket from Northampton - Olympia, using Southern from Milton Keynes and it still said nothing about disruption. Is it just south of London?

Yet there's nothing on the Southern trains website (well I couldn't see anything) and I've just booked a ticket from Northampton - Olympia, using Southern from Milton Keynes and it still said nothing about disruption. Is it just south of London?

I'll be getting a train from Northampton as well, probably to Victoria. Hopefully it won't be affected. Plan is to leave the car with family so I don't need to drive the dreaded London roads.