Hope Jason, mods and the crew read this.

This Con was perfect😎 The helpers were great, the guests were spot on. I don't think you guys get the pat on the back you deserve sometimes, there were a few little hiccups but that's all part of the experience

Last year my main complaint was I left Olympia with £350 in my pocket because of the chaos, this year budget got hammered plus 2 trips to the cash points so I'm stocked up on t shirts and fudge this year😃

• Like 5

I have to say, this year was much, MUCH better organised than last year.

There was so much more room to move around the stalls, and the new layout worked really well (I still got lost about 12 times, but that's just because I have no sense of direction!)

It seemed like the attendance was lower this year, I don't know it that's true, or if the extra space just made it seem that way, but it was great being able to walk around and shop at the stalls without having to jostle for space.

The new queuing system was much better as well, made things much easier, and meant everyone was in the hall in time for photos etc.

I do have a few things to mention that need to be improved on:

Firstly, the second level was still far too crowded. It was difficult to tell where one queue started and the next began. And trying to get through the crowd to the other end of the hall was a nightmare! I appreciate that there were a lot of guests in a small space, but perhaps next year the guests could be more spread out? I loved that they were all on one level, so maybe using the gallery for guests as well, and moving the gaming etc to another level or even opening another hall??

Secondly, many of the crew seemed very uninformed. I know that most are volunteers, so I appreciate them being there at all, but maybe they need to be brought in a day earlier, to be walked round the layout, maybe do some practice runs for certain things?

I asked four different crew members where to collect diamond passes, and the first three didn't know, and just directed me to someone else to ask. One crew member directed me into the wrong queue for a talk. And the diamond pass desk was quite hectic too, it took a fair amount of time to collect.

That said, there were a lot of very helpful crew around. I felt very sorry for the poor people shouting themselves hoarse outside the venue, and the people managing the autograph queues were doing a wonderful job.

Overall, a really good experience, and far improved on last year.

I agree the con was much more organised this year. Much easier to get in. Saturday did feel quieter though, which was good for me. The guests I met were great. Laurie Holden spoke about her the shield character. Carl weathers was talking about the hits he had to take in Rocky. And Bonnie Langford was just so lovely.

My fiancé sadly won't attend another event as she was upset about the mads selfie Friday but none Saturday, which is a shame.

Overall much better organised great guests, but someone attending Saturday should have the same options with guests as a Friday attendee. Definetely an improvement on last year.

Such an improvement over last year, didn't feel like I was in a hot sardine tin and everyone I spoke to was helpful and accommodating. Really good experience, despite my having to do half it barefoot because i wore the wrong shoes lol. Oh and those cafes need to cool their beans a bit... £4 for a tiny tub of sour grapes and no plastic fork lol.. but thats not your fault!

Edited by jenvonlee

Such an improvement over last year, didn't feel like I was in a hot sardine tin and everyone I spoke to was helpful and accommodating. Really good experience, despite my having to do half it barefoot because i wore the wrong shoes lol. Oh and those cafes need to cool their beans a bit... £4 for a tiny tub of sour grapes and no plastic fork lol.. but thats not your fault!

Saw a few ladies regretting shoe selection

I'm paying for it today. I meant to bring a second pair of flats but left them by the door on my way out lol.

I'm paying for it today. I meant to bring a second pair of flats but left them by the door on my way out lol.

I'd forgotten just how often id have to use the stairs! I wasn't wearing suitable shoes for that!! Luckily I had a pair of trainers in my bag. I find flats really uncomfortable, but at least I could get around quickly!!

• Like 1

My first London con was 3 years ago and I was a bit afraid this one was going to be very busy.

But I was here only on friday with a normal friday ticket and it was amazing!

I really was expecting more people : I got in at 9am, did my two autographs by 10am and Mads morning photoshoot really quickly!

Congratulation to the person handling the photoshoot area A : it was very well organized and calm, everything went smoothly, at least for Mads!

Now, I really want to come back next year!!

So, if you can get Jeffrey Dean Morgan as a guest so he can sign my Salvation poster along with Mads, that would be great ;-)

Thank you for this great convention!!!

Edited by Helleni

and a word of praise for Ken, the red shirt organising the GOT area of autographs and to Stuart in photoshoot A. brilliant job guys. and to all the crew, thank you for amiing it a fine con to visit.

Stuart in Photo A was fab!!! Knew what he was doing and managed everything well. 👍👏

agree with everything,this year was perfect, well spaced out, guests not walled off like previous years,everything easy to get to, staff was very helpful and polite, the lay out was perfect,the stalls were great, best con yet. well done SM

loved my friday and saturday at lfcc the best one in my opinion for lay out and space, had photo clashes on saturday but made them all as they were on the same floor.

only minor let down, was the fact myself and the other gold pass holders were not let in early on friday and saturday besides that myself and my wife are very happy people.

thank you to all the organisers and helpers and crew

This year was so much easier than last year. Couple of guests turning up late first thing but no one really knowing an ETA and sometimes got crowded in the autographs.

I had nine more guests than I had last year and got everything and more than I had planned to do. Photo booths were well run and as others have said splitting the guests from the stalls was SUCH a good idea.

Must agree with the other comments above. For me the best thing was having all the photo shoots on the same floor and not rushing around trying to find a lift and panicking that you don't have enough time getting between the booths. Thought the crews on Photo Shoots A, B & D done an awesome job, I didn't have any shoots at C so can't really comment. Another area which I thought was done well and a big improvement was not having to queue round the street & houses of Olympia. As you said when the event switched to Olympia it's a matter of finding out what works and what doesn't.

• Like 1

I totally agree with everyone so far... Much, much better organised and thought out than last year.

The only improvement I could think of would be not to have a set of guests facing the bigger guests as the queues sort of merged and people wanting to walk through it got a wee bit crowded.

All in all and excellent weekend... bring on next year! :thumbup:

• Like 3

I nearly didn't come back after last year.. but give it another shot and thankfully SM have learned from previous shows, acknowledged feedback and made necessary changes.

Having stalls, guests and photoshoots in separate areas worked a treat, and the extra hall really helped with any overcrowding. The free talks were a surprise and most welcome.

For me the whole vibe of the event was so much better and it was a great show. Well done to everyone involved and see you next year!

• Like 1

Such an improvement from last year. Was nice to have room to breath as I was walking around and not so much of the hot and sweaty.

Thanks to all involved with the pre-con arrangements and all the on the day workers AND the post con crews. Basically you all rock!

Just want to say a massive thanks to SM for taking on board everyone's feedback from last year and acting on it and running such a fun event.

Pros:

The main queue, and mostly being inside for it was a bonus, great having tickets scanned & bags searched all ready to go. Amazing how many people could fit into there! And didn't wait too long to be let in either, so that was great!

The layout was fantastic, having all the photoshoots on the same floor was so much easier! Never change this please. I cannot stress how exhausting and stressful it is having to go from floor to floor trying to find photoshoots. This is SO much better.

The improved hall space was amazing, having room to move and breathe and browse the stalls, so much better than last year!

Cons:

At photoshoot B there seemed to be the same sort of crowding issue at times, and you can't always hear the crew calling for photo batches unless you are near the front. The whiteboard was greatly missed!

The lack of schedules printed around the venue. My printer had broken so I was unable to print the schedule out as usual, I only found 2 copies of the schedule. I bought the programme in the hopes it would contain the schedule, it did not. Not a major thing, but would make things easier if there were more of them around so everyone didn't crowd around it.

Overall I had an amazing time, everything went smoothly. I had a very enjoyable time, all the guests I met were lovely, as were the crew.

Roll on next year!

Well Done Showmasters, it was a great show last year, but you listened to the feedback and the difference it has made by having the signing and photoshoot areas all on one floor was huge. A massive thumbs up for that. So many great guests, and memories. But I have to say it was a great honour meeting Keith David and the legend Rutger Hauer. Thanks again for a truly awesome weekend, and roll on 2017.

• Like 1

I'll repost this here and in the more official looking feedback thread. I hope no one minds too much reading my gushing positive comments twice :)

In general this year was a way better experience than the last! I agree with most of the specifics mentioned above - better layout, better check-in process, great crowd management. The bigger space made it look like there weren't that many people as 2015, and I imagine renting more Olympia halls was more expensive, so I really hope with all my heart that the financial side turned out good for Showmasters, because the extra effort definitely paid off for us!

Specific people I want to give props to:
- Stuart at Photo Area A. Year after year, it never ceases to amaze me the authority, wit and expertise with which he puts order in the chaos that the busiest photoshoots can turn into. My hat (well, my Mario cap) is off to you, sir.

- Sara at Photo Area C on Sunday. She was faced with a couple difficult situations: some people had tickets for Rutger Hauer for Saturday and couldn't get in because Mr Hauer insisted on chatting with everyone, so they had to be squeezed in the Sunday shoots; and some of us were worried to miss a shoot because the times for Elden Henson and Harold Perrineau were so close together. In both cases, she quickly thought of the best solution, made room for us in the queue, reassured us that she would make sure that we would get our pictures done, and made some jokes to take the edge off. Couldn't ask for more.

- My friend was so excited to meet Rutger Hauer that right after the picture, she started sobbing uncontrollably. I hadn't ever seen her that upset, I wanted to hug her but I was afraid to ruin the picture that she had in her hand, and honestly I froze a little - and one of the girls in charge of the queue immediately stepped in and hugged her. You were a great help - thank you thank you!!

- On Saturday I was in my SuperMario costume. I got a great laugh out of the girl that said she couldn't look at anything but my moustache, and the guy that scanned my ticked and noticed in my reservation info that my real name is Mario, and thought that was hilarious. It all added to a very fun con experience, so thank you guys for the great sense of humour! :)

• Like 2