LF&CC hosts world premiere of new Serenity Trailer

All I have to say is......

Bring in on!!!!

I'm so looking forward to this film ^_^

Second that! *Drools*.

Thanks SM - sweeeet!

Ps. Freebies - woohoo! ;)

Pps. I already have me a free Serenity postcard, so bring on the Serenity goodie goodness! :(

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do i go about gettin a ticket to see the preview or trailer or whatever?

Havent been to lfcc before  :D

This will be my first time too, but as I understand it the tickets for the movie will be available once we get in, probably at the Official UIP Serenity Booth, though that is only a guess from the information available.

Also, still only a guess, I would imagine that there be a screen or large TV set up near the Official UIP Serenity Booth that will have the new trailer on "repeat", but probably starting about lunchtime to allow those without the early bird tickets to see it at the same time as everyone else. Hopefuly there will be some updates soon to fully clarify these matters. :D

how do i go about gettin a ticket to see the preview or trailer or whatever?

Havent been to lfcc before  :lol:

This will be my first time too, but as I understand it the tickets for the movie will be available once we get in, probably at the Official UIP Serenity Booth, though that is only a guess from the information available.

Also, still only a guess, I would imagine that there be a screen or large TV set up near the Official UIP Serenity Booth that will have the new trailer on "repeat", but probably starting about lunchtime to allow those without the early bird tickets to see it at the same time as everyone else. Hopefuly there will be some updates soon to fully clarify these matters. :P

Ohh, well that would be shiny! But I was assuming that the trailer would be shown before/during/after Adam's guest talk. I probably can't stay for that, so it would be nice if your idea was right and it wouldn't matter that I was missing out!

SerbianJanet, I don't think the trailer will be linked in to Adams talk as that is only on the Sunday, as far as I can gather the trailer will be all weekend. At least I hope that is right as I will only be there on the Saturday. :unsure:

SerbianJanet, I don't think the trailer will be linked in to Adams talk as that is only on the Sunday, as far as I can gather the trailer will be all weekend. At least I hope that is right as I will only be there on the Saturday. :unsure:

Like I said, I hope you're right. I just assumed that it would be the other way, 'cause thats the way most events do these things. Give them one screening, rather than on repeat.

Hi,

I was just wondering whether places for this would be available on both days? If the screening looks like filling up on the Saturday will some tickets be held back for the Sunday?

Thanks

Heather

• Showmasters Admin

heb - This is a trailer (not the full preview of the film) so will likely be playing numerous times during the day, like the Star Wars EP3 trailer at LFCC2. So you will be able to see it either day.

hostile17 - I am sure they will keep some (if not half) of the feebies back for the Sunday.

Maybe what heb means is will you stilll be able to register for the screening on Sunday or is there a possibility that all the places will be taken by then?

Even if that's not what heb meant, still a valid question eh?

• Showmasters Admin

It is a valid question for the Screening thread HERE

Not really in this trailer one though.

You wouldn't get an answer from SM at this late stage. They are just too busy.

What I put in the screening thread was, that I believe it will be a draw rather than first come first server thing. It's the only fair way of doing it.

Edited by Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin
Jeez, there'll be a lot of stressed Browncoats out there if it is done by draw! (I realise this is only speculation on your part TooTall).

Indeed but I think it's the only fair way. If they do it by first come first served it's really unfair on those coming on Sunday.

We'll just have to wait and see :(

Just to confirm UIP ARE still promoting Serenity. They ARE still planning the preview tour for August and they are sponsoring the fan table at another event in August. I received confirmation of these facts at the very end of last week from my contact at UIP with whom I have been working since November to promote the movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an up-date on the new trailer in the light of todays events, posted on the official movie site today:

gossi wrote:

GMTV have changed their listings to mention the London bombing tomorrow, and have removed "Entertainment Now". I do not know if the trailer will now air.

Stay safe everyone!

Last I heard it was gonna be aired this week on GMTV and SFX were saying that UIP will be starting to air trailers for Serenity in the next couple of weeks in the cinemas.

Not been on the boards for a week or so and don't know if SM ever did post their side of the story regarding the screening debacle at LFACC? Anyone know anything new on this? Last I heard was UIP pointing fingers at anyone but themselves.

Cheers,

Sebassis.