How about announcing a guest/s that can attend the Friday of LFCC 2016

I'm sure you have all seen, Famke Janssen has been announced as a guest for LFCC 2016! But only for the Saturday and Sunday!!!

Now I understand that the guests have a life outside of conventions and that can sometimes mean that they can't attend the whole convention due to work commitments or whatever.

But it is incredibly frustrating for those people such as myself who can't attend the whole convention and happen to only be able to attend the Friday due to finances and other things going on in life because you see a guest announcement and just as you start to feel excited about it, you read that the one day you're going to be there, they aren't!!!

This exact same thing happened with Adam 'Edge' Copeland!!!

• Like 2

That's the nature of the beast unfortunately, these bigger stars are going to be extremely expensive and if the overall flow of cash is lower on the Friday than Saturday (highly likely as Saturday is considered the "main" day) then it may not be financially viable to book the star for every day.

Sometimes I wonder if Showmasters will ever truly be seen to do what's right in everyone's eyes. They are doing a fantastic job this year in booking plenty of big guests which (in my opinion) appeal to a huge range of people.

Edited by dodge15
  • Like 1

Yep. I feel sorry for SM, They do try very hard to please everyone but it is an impossible task. A guest Announced will be good for some and not so good for others. Then you get the cancellations. It can't be easy and for the fans it can be frustrating.

The way to look at it is, if you can't make every day then you know there will be guests you are going to miss out on.. best thing to do is scream and shout at home and say to yourself oh well maybe another time. Remember SM would properly want all the guests there from start to finish, but there are contracts and guests may have to be somewhere else a day later etc which we are not privy to.

Enjoy the guests that are attending on the days you are going... :smile:

I Forgot to add... Remember SM do a Pre Order for Autographs.. Get to the Shop and start ordering.

Edited by Spacecadet is here
  • Like 2

Well what about changing plans and go on Saturday instead of Friday?

SM are trying really hard and honestly this year we have amazing guests. It is hard to please everyone but this event is something that i was saving money whole year for and now i have gold pass and last year couldn't afford that. I am sorry about the fact that you are not able to meet your idols but you can always ask someone to get you their autographs. I did that this year with spring con. I asked a friend to get me autograph of someone i missed last year because i was not aware that this person was attending only one day.

• Moderators

As others have pointed out it sadly is impossible to please everyone, ultimately it will always come to guest availability, we would far rather a guest attend the show for the weekend or even just for a day than not at all. There are still plenty of guests attending Friday and still a couple of months before the show with lots more guests to come.

• Like 3