Autographs or Photoshoots?

Ricksta

This is why I went to Finn Jones in 2015. He was alone, playing with his phone so I just went there and now I am happy as he will be really busy this year. I just went there as I felt sorry for him :D And he was awesome, even if our pic is horrible (he looks amazing and I look horrible).

That was Aaron Johnson last year. I just went to him so he wouldn't be that lonely.

And Kenny Baker as well... my regret because i already spent the little cash i had :(

Do you mean Aaron Stanford? Aaron Johnson wasn't at LFCC last year.

This is why I went to Finn Jones in 2015. He was alone, playing with his phone so I just went there and now I am happy as he will be really busy this year. I just went there as I felt sorry for him :D And he was awesome, even if our pic is horrible (he looks amazing and I look horrible).

That was Aaron Johnson last year. I just went to him so he wouldn't be that lonely.

And Kenny Baker as well... my regret because i already spent the little cash i had :(

Do you mean Aaron Stanford? Aaron Johnson wasn't at LFCC last year.

OOOPS! Now i made a most shameful mistake :o

(To my excuse, i know a few more Aarons in RL so i mistake them for each other)

• Like 1

I prefer autographs but it depends on the actor/actress involved. For the higher priced guests I tend to go for Photo's as getting an autograph on the day could prove a little difficult with popular guests having longer queues. If it's an autograph I really want then I pre-order it through the shop although your paying a little extra at least your able to get one and must times able to get it dedicated as well.

Yeah professional is debatable at times. Sadly each year something does seem to pop up to ruin some photos in the shoots for me. I sadly expect it each year now for a few.

Never got my cash back even for obviously dire shots/mistakes etc... but hey hopefully it never happens again.

I cross my fingers in hope.

yeah big hope... they say if not happy ask for reshoot at time... but hearded so fast and usually little time as need to get elsewhere they often get away with poor work and we cant do anything. not sure where they get these "professionals"

Edited by CarolS

Some staff member was very rude when I was getting Judge Reinholds auto... he had syarted speaking to me and they came up and just jumped in talking in his ear...... after that he got distracted signing absent mindly trying to talk to them and do autos at samr time... i didnt even get a goodbye as he was so distracted. Not his fault tho and he made up for it at photo op and when we saw him walking around downstairs he was so nice and chatted. maybe staff should be more mindful and not be rude. just wait a few seconds geeze.

My only complain is that they can't sort of pick the right frame for the pic. Like some people's pics are taken showing whole body and some are so close and cutting people in half in most awkward moments

Mods have said before Rory that if you want a particular framing, portrait/landscape ect, ask the photographer and they should oblige but how easy that is to do in practice I don't know.

Some staff member was very rude when I was getting Judge Reinholds auto... he had syarted speaking to me and they came up and just jumped in talking in his ear...... after that he got distracted signing absent mindly trying to talk to them and do autos at samr time... i didnt even get a goodbye as he was so distracted. Not his fault tho and he made up for it at photo op and when we saw him walking around downstairs he was so nice and chatted. maybe staff should be more mindful and not be rude. just wait a few seconds geeze.

Not defending anyone or anything Carol as I wasn't there to see the circumstances but unfortunately it does happen sometimes that the staff have to interact with the guests in this way. They may have needed to pass on an important message and couldn't wait. They are busy themselves and whilst it's easy to say 'they could have waited a couple of minutes until you where finished' or asked if they could butt in/apologise to you, maybe they couldn't. Sometimes when you are extremely busy you get blinkers on when you are concentrating/rushing around. Sorry that your experience was marred but it's unavoidable sometimes.

Unfortunately interacting with the guests in any significant way is not a guaranteed part of the autograph process. We are lucky when it happens but more often than not with the busier guests it doesn't a lot of the time.

Not defending anyone or anything Carol as I wasn't there to see the circumstances but unfortunately it does happen sometimes that the staff have to interact with the guests in this way. They may have needed to pass on an important message and couldn't wait. They are busy themselves and whilst it's easy to say 'they could have waited a couple of minutes until you where finished' or asked if they could butt in/apologise to you, maybe they couldn't. Sometimes when you are extremely busy you get blinkers on when you are concentrating/rushing around. Sorry that your experience was marred but it's unavoidable sometimes.

Unfortunately interacting with the guests in any significant way is not a guaranteed part of the autograph process. We are lucky when it happens but more often than not with the busier guests it doesn't a lot of the time.

Yes I get its not giaranteed. been to enough of these things to know that lol. whilst i understand what you say its not hard to display basic manners thats all thats asked for.

I prefer photoshoots, I think it's a cooler thing to keep for posterity. But the interaction you can have with a guest when you get their autograph is usually longer and better.

Every year, some friends ask me for autographs from certain guests, or give me presents for them - and the only way to get to their table and give them their present is to buy an auto. I have some very cool memories of interactions with guests that have come about this way, so I'm starting to get a few for myself.

I know it's a bit off topic but - I don't know who's going around saying Jeremy Renner is a diva but they should have their mouth stuffed. He could probably afford being a diva, now that he's a full blown movie star - instead, he was consistently awesome with all his fans, he always took the time and put in the effort to made them feel special and create a memorable experience.

Manners don't cost anything, could have said to attendee "sorry to interrupt, but I need a quick word with guest."

Yes I get its not giaranteed. been to enough of these things to know that lol. whilst i understand what you say its not hard to display basic manners thats all thats asked for.

Maybe they didn't even realize that he had "started speaking to you." I'm putting this bit in Quotation marks because this can mean pretty much anything, even that he had just opened his mouth. ;)

If it is an urgent matter sometimes one goes into tunnel Vision. Been there, done that.

The Crew are all humans. We've all done a conversation that could have been phrased better in our lives. Mine was with Mary Poppins in Disneyland. I asked her: "Could I have your autograph, Mary?" Only to have her reply "What's the Magic word?" I had forgotten to say "please". To Mary Poppins. Which almost in turn let me drop an F bomb in front of her when I realized. :lol:

• Like 2

Maybe they didn't even realize that he had "started speaking to you." I'm putting this bit in Quotation marks because this can mean pretty much anything, even that he had just opened his mouth. ;)

If it is an urgent matter sometimes one goes into tunnel Vision. Been there, done that.

The Crew are all humans. We've all done a conversation that could have been phrased better in our lives. Mine was with Mary Poppins in Disneyland. I asked her: "Could I have your autograph, Mary?" Only to have her reply "What's the Magic word?" I had forgotten to say "please". To Mary Poppins. Which almost in turn let me drop an F bomb in front of her when I realized. :lol:

To which you replied 'Now B****, do you know how much I've paid to be here?" :whistling:

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

You've never encountered Mary Poppins, have you? :lol: She can make an adult blush with just one look. :lol:

Well she is practically perfect in every way.

Everytime I go to Disney World I think gotta respect those costumed guys dealing with that many kids and adults all day. Nearly F-bombing Mary Poppins though bad QS

Anyway back or at least near topic question: those who get both do you display them in the same way or differently

Edited by john1980