Autographs or Photoshoots?

Ricksta

I was just wondering whether people might comment on what is more important or meaningful for them to get at LFCC, autographs or photoshoots?

My preference is probably autographs but I just wondered what other peoples priorities might be....

When it comes to photoshoots I also wondered whether anyone will be having multiple 'costume changes' during the day to cater what they are wearing to the guest they are getting a photo with?

I like both. Really I prefer photoshoots, because its more personal, "been there" kinda thing. Autographs and autographed items you can buy somewhere else, however, when getting the autograph you can say something/ ask something/ have some actual conversation with the guest, not like in a photoshoot where it is "stand-click-shoo"

I don't have costumes, just dress nicely for the day

Edited by Poisonfish

It depends what you want out of meeting a guest. If you want a photo of yourself with the guest, photoshoot is the best option. You might get a chance to get a selfie with them at their table but this isn't guarenteed, so photoshoot ensures you'll get a picture. On the other hand, if what you want is interaction with the guest (aka "hello how are you how's your day been" brief small talk) then autograph. Depending on how busy they are, you get the chance to have a quick chat with them, which you wouldn't be able to do during a photoshoot.

• Like 1

For me depends who it is.

As for change of clothes yes worth taking a spare top. Last year between photoshoots I had some photos with some of the cosplay characters and ended up with red makeup over my white top! Quick change in the bogs sorted that out : - )

Autographs all the way. I very rarely do photoshoots, only with actors/actresses I really really like (and aren't too expensive). Me not looking to great on photos adds even more to the preference of autographs.

Why else? You might have a chance to get a quick chat and you get a picture of the film/series you're a fan of (and if you're lucky even a great quote). Another thing (and I know that's a bit of a terrible thing to say) is that sometimes you just wouldn't really recognize the actor in a photo, especially when it's been quite a couple of years since the role that made them 'famous'.

Photos are pretty much 100% guarantee to meet them and get a photo.

Autographs are not. They also can take ages in an endless line and still get no autograph or meet them. Being in a line for an hour (or more) and still not getting to meet someone is soul destroying.

So photos win almost every time.

I mix them up and look for open lines etc... to chat and get the odd autograph. but if I want that guest and they are fairly big a photo guarantees it without wasting all day in a line I find.

Well I hate my professional photo with Kim Coates and the first selfie we took. But thank God that I have two other selfies with him I can use.

I like when they are taking photos at the table as sometimes you look better in the regular pics than the professional ones. But I also take the opportunity to talk to the guests if they are not too busy. And then you can easily say who is nice by nature and who is faking it (Kim Coates and his hugs and kisses, he was like the best guest I ever met). Even Jeremy Renner who had opinion that he is a diva was such a nice guy and I have a massive fangirl memory with him. Some guests are just hi, smile, bye. not even looking at you. And the autographs are the best way to see it.

I had very unpleasant moment with someone I admired for years and wanted to meet them and when I finally had the chance, this person didn't even look at me or said anything. One person waited for me to pay for an autograph before they said hi to me even if I went there and said hi from the start.

• Like 1

Well I hate my professional photo with Kim Coates and the first selfie we took. But thank God that I have two other selfies with him I can use.

I like when they are taking photos at the table as sometimes you look better in the regular pics than the professional ones. But I also take the opportunity to talk to the guests if they are not too busy. And then you can easily say who is nice by nature and who is faking it (Kim Coates and his hugs and kisses, he was like the best guest I ever met). Even Jeremy Renner who had opinion that he is a diva was such a nice guy and I have a massive fangirl memory with him. Some guests are just hi, smile, bye. not even looking at you. And the autographs are the best way to see it.

I had very unpleasant moment with someone I admired for years and wanted to meet them and when I finally had the chance, this person didn't even look at me or said anything. One person waited for me to pay for an autograph before they said hi to me even if I went there and said hi from the start.

Agree with the table shot. I have a really cool pic with Jon Heder. Whilst I love the professional photoshoots my pic with JH looks really relaxed.

Agree with the table shot. I have a really cool pic with Jon Heder. Whilst I love the professional photoshoots my pic with JH looks really relaxed.

Because it is more relaxed. Professional photoshoot lasts like 2 seconds and you're done. With table pics you are talking to the guest and you are more relaxed and you don't think about light pose and stuff, just a smile.

Yeah but Kim is awesome :-D he popped up on my telly last night.... memories haha

At least 4 photos gives you a better chance of 1 you like ;-)

Kim is awesome. I hope they'll get him back as I can't honestly get over him. He was my 1st and last guest of the weekend.

Kim is lovely. I have both professional photo and a selfie.

The problem with professional photoshoots is that you only have ONE shot. There is no 'lets try a different angle' or another pose thing. And you can't reshoot if a particular pose or angle made you look fat.

As for guests, i got the feeling that some were very tired and fed up with the crowd, so not really willing to interact especially at the end of the day. I also had a feeling that less popular guests were neglected at the tables, while the crowds were mobbing the diamond ones.

This is why I went to Finn Jones in 2015. He was alone, playing with his phone so I just went there and now I am happy as he will be really busy this year. I just went there as I felt sorry for him :D And he was awesome, even if our pic is horrible (he looks amazing and I look horrible).

• Like 1

This is why I went to Finn Jones in 2015. He was alone, playing with his phone so I just went there and now I am happy as he will be really busy this year. I just went there as I felt sorry for him :D And he was awesome, even if our pic is horrible (he looks amazing and I look horrible).

That was Aaron Johnson last year. I just went to him so he wouldn't be that lonely.

And Kenny Baker as well... my regret because i already spent the little cash i had :(