28 replies to this topic

#21 Raylenth

Raylenth

I'm a lady, you see!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:39 PM

I believe the current one will be the final season of Elementary, won't it?

That's what they had said, yes.

I think it's about time, it feels like there's nowhere really left for it to go.

Getting back on topic, I had no idea that there was a remake of MacGyver! From what's been said though, I'm not sure I'll be watching.

Going slightly off topic, the only real issue I had with Elementary was their version of Mycroft.

Potato

#22 Wrong Name

Wrong Name

Tinkerbell's Kartoffel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:44 PM

I think it's about time, it feels like there's nowhere really left for it to go.

Getting back on topic, I had no idea that there was a remake of MacGyver! From what's been said though, I'm not sure I'll be watching.

Going slightly off topic, the only real issue I had with Elementary was their version of Mycroft.

I know what you mean, but with there being Sherlock and the Robert Downey Jr films around, they were just trying to do things differently. I agree it didn't work that well though. For me the worst thing they did was the season with Kitty. I just didn't understand why she was there.

"I'm Showmasters Forum famous" - LFCC 2016

Member of the Showmasters Forum Potato Club

#23 LadyDeTemps

LadyDeTemps

Camera Operator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:52 PM

I'd say give it a go don't go by just the first episode. Its warming up as it goes along.

"5ft1 and crying...you don't stand a chance!" - The Doctor

"Sort of short and roundish - but with a good personality, which is the main thing."

#24 wjbleming

wjbleming

2nd Unit Director

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:18 PM

I'll  see it one day I'm sure, I'm just not rushing to pay to see it so if it comes up on Netflix or on the TV I'll watch it with a open mind but I don't expect it to wow me either way  :smile:

It's actually showing on freeview at the moment. ...at least I did see it one week in the tv paper on Wednesday at 9. Can't seem to see it now! :(

Well Watson never bothered me in Elementary either. Now Ghostbusters however is a totally different story. :lol:

I don't especially like Lucy Liu but don't have an issue with the character and am very glad they have kept the relationship platonic because that would have been an easy route to take but they resisted, for the better.

I haven't seen the new Ghostbusters.  I'm not bothered by the cast being women, if I don't like it it'll be because I thought it was rubbish but not because they are female.

I just realized how wrong I sounded. :lol: The cast being female is just part of the problem. It just doesn't work for me. Everyone is battling the legacy so hard trying to prove that this was not a mistake (and the cast being female is part of that issue) that they forget they actually have a movie of their own. It could have been way more enjoyable than it was for me.

That wouldn't have helped I'm sure, I guess they knew a lot of people weren't going to be happy and like you said they decided to make a big thing of it to prove they were doing the right thing maybe.  They could have done it with a lot less fuss and just concentrated on the story.

But such is Hollywood.

Daresay no matter how good they make a remake, no matter what the original is, there's always going to be a group that disagree with it for a, b and c. :( (Hope that doesn't come across wrong or patronising or anything, Wrong Name, wasn't meant to, sorry)

Edited by wjbleming, 26 February 2017 - 10:34 PM.

"I've seen Men of Steel die and Dark Knights fall"

Have attended: BelfastFCC2014, BelfastFCC2015, BelfastFCC2016, LFCC2016, BelfastFCC2017

Hoping to attend: LFCC2017, BelfastFCC2018

#25 Raylenth

Raylenth

I'm a lady, you see!

• Members
  • 5,985 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:40 PM

I get what you mean, we have a chap at work who goes off on one anytime he hears an old film is being remade arguing about it being unnecessary ect.  I don't disagree but I do see why they do it.  They know there's an established market for it in the old fans and they know a lot of younger people won't have seen the originals so will go and see it and hopefully that will lead to a financially lucrative full revamp.  It's all about the money of course rather than protecting the integrity of what came before.

Potato

#26 Queen_Sindel

Queen_Sindel

• Showmasters Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,957 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:03 PM

I'd say give it a go don't go by just the first episode. Its warming up as it goes along.

That's what someone swore was happening at CSI: New York.  ;) Never grew on me either. :lol:

Warning: Fangirl alert
Likely to squee at high frequencies!
-----------------------------
CSI Audio/visual labrat
Officially approved Alexis Cruz stalker
Founder of the Sadistic Quizmaster fan club

#27 Raylenth

Raylenth

I'm a lady, you see!

• Members
  • 5,985 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:14 AM

That's what someone swore was happening at CSI: New York.  ;) Never grew on me either. :lol:

I loved all of the CSI's when they started but grew to hate Miami fairly quickly.  New York I loved, then only tolerated.  I think for me they were too goody goody, especially Miami.  None of them seemed to have a single human flaw and it just grated on me how perfect they were, combined with how ridiculous it got with their sci fi 3d projection scanning techniques ect I just got annoyed with them.  These are government funded departments we are talking about here, they are lucky if they can afford paperclips, let alone top of the line futuristic machinery.

Edited by Raylenth, 27 February 2017 - 07:14 AM.

Potato

#28 LadyDeTemps

LadyDeTemps

Camera Operator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:28 PM

I liked the original while Grissom was in it. Just not the same afterwards.

"Sort of short and roundish - but with a good personality, which is the main thing."

#29 LadyDeTemps

LadyDeTemps

Camera Operator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 11:24 PM

I liked this weeks episode. *ducks*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users