So who was the best guest you met at one of our events in 2016 and why

showmasters

for me it is hard to choose between michael biehn and robert englund who i met in belfast this year,both were great guests who i would like to meet again in the future,they were both friendly and shared some interesting stories about their movies,michael biehn is one of my childhood heroes and robert englund is an 80s icon from nightmare on elm street films,really enjoyed meeting them both

Edited by jimmyc

I knew that spreadsheet would come in handy...

Top 5 Of The Year - The Showmasters Edition

1) Maya Stojan. Total sweetheart. Stayed in touch.

2) Adam 'Edge' Copeland. So talkative for such a busy guest. Great guy!

3) Natalia Tena. 6 pounds of crazy in a 5-pound bag. Love her.

4) Paul McGann. The suavest Doctor of all.

5) Clare Higgins. Incredible woman.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Jeremy Renner - exceeded all expectations of someone of that stature. Friendly and enthusiastic.

Michael Emerson - just such a sweet and considerate guy and completely fascinating. A true 'dream' guest for me.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone

So who was the best guest you met at one of our events in 2016 and why ?

For me it has to be Benedict Cumberbatch he is such a nice person and loves meeting the fans and loves the events.

Jason :-)

Ditto. He's always been nice but this year it was a lot more relaxed so we had the chance for a short chat and he commented on my items he was signing which was lovely.

However Mads was absolutely lovely, a great sport - he was smiling, happy and energetic throughout the whole weekend and totally willing to indulge our weird potato based requests.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

Ooo that's hard. I don't think I'd be able to only pick one person.

At LFCC in particular I was really surprised at how many of the main guests did table photos (Elden Henson, Jack Gleeson, Michael Emerson, Harold Perrineau) so that was really good of them.

Jack Gleeson was really nice, friendly and funny.

As DavidB said, Jeremy did exceed my expectations. I thought it would be very rushed but he took the time to shake everyone's hand and he wrote the character name under the autograph.

Ross Marquand was really nice at NFCC. He asked me questions and I got a table photo.

This is very hard, every guest is good in their own way, but I guess for this year...

Marina Strtis is still the best, She is lovely, Hot, sexy, down to earth and very talkative. In fact SM if you bring her back, I will volunteer as long as I can sit next to her and hold her hand. :gorgeous: And she loves Camels.

The next guest is Charlie Akin, very nice guy and likes to chat. Made me laugh so many times as i past his signing table he kept calling out my name... Also did this in the photo shoot.. Very Funny.

Hope for lots more guests next year. :smile: Keep up the Hard Work SM

Either Tobin Bell or Michael Emerson. They're both actors I have a huge amount of respect for and have admired for several years, and they were definitely the pleasant sort who made sure they interacted with people who came to meet them rather than just sign their stuff and hurry them along. If I could change anything about my experience meeting them, I would tell them that they pretty much made my year (because other than LFCC, this year has been pretty rotten).

I would say Nigel Benn at Sportsmania coz he is one of my favourite boxers. At London Film and Comic would be Tobin Bell, Kim Coates and Michael Emerson who made you welcome to met them a great experience and memory . Looking forward to seeing and getting more memories next year

Ooo this is hard question! I have met so many great ones...

Mads Mikkelsen, Jack Glesson and Harold Perrineau were all great to meet and I didn't expect to have so much time at their desks to chat and take selfies! :D

As always Gemma Whelan is consistently nice! I have met her at a few events and her enthusiasm is great!

• Like 1

I knew that spreadsheet would come in handy...

Top 5 Of The Year - The Showmasters Edition

1) Maya Stojan. Total sweetheart. Stayed in touch.

2) Adam 'Edge' Copeland. So talkative for such a busy guest. Great guy!

3) Natalia Tena. 6 pounds of crazy in a 5-pound bag. Love her.

4) Paul McGann. The suavest Doctor of all.

5) Clare Higgins. Incredible woman.

I met Maya at Manchester... might have been last year, she was one of the nicest guests I have met! Gutted she cancelled at one her last events over here as I would have loved a photo!

I cannot pick just one.

Maybe this year the guests weren't such big names as Fox, Weaver or Stan Lee in the past - but the sheer quality of the guests was very hard to top!!

Edited by MarioVl
  • Like 1

Shane Rimmer at FCC Glasgow. He wasn't busy at the time so regaled me with some anecdotes about Bond and working with Stanley Kubrick.

After checking the photos my daughter took of us at the table, he insisted on a "3rd take" to get a better photo.

A nice guy and a real gent.

For me it has got to be Jeremy Renner. For a couple of reasons.

He has been someone I have been wanting to meet for a while but kept missing chances to meet him. I was completely blown away when he was announced.

Actually I was devastated when he was announced at first because due to medical complications earlier in the year I had to pull out of LFCC. I was then surprised by incredible family and friends who made it possible for me to come to the event and meet him. Meeting him was made so much better by their kindness. I have never been so grateful in my life.

He was so much better to meet than I imagined which made the whole surprise epic. Friendly, funny, handsome, and really approachable. Love him so much. If it was even possible I'm a bigger fan now of his than I was. Crushing so hard. Would definitely love to meet again.

Thank you ever so much, SM, for one of my best guest experiences to date (out of 26 years worth of events). Made my 2016. <3

Edited by Legolassie Malfoy

• 2 weeks later...

For me there were so many but Jeremy Renner and Amir Arison stand out. Jeremy was busy as you would expect but he took time to make you feel appreciated and genuinely seemed happy to be there. and Amir was adorably cute. took time chatting to me at autograph table and remembered me when I went for photo and gave me a big hug.

• 5 weeks later...

Tough choice. But I will have to go with both Ian McDiramid and Kim Coates. Ian had a lot of people queuing up to see him but he was extremely friendly to me and was kind enough to answer all of the questions I had. A real gentleman.

I took my friend to meet Kim Coates as she is a huge fan of Sons or Anarchy. Even though this was mostly for her, he took the time to have a chat with as well which was really kind.

(Just to go a little off topic, I'd like to add Troy Baker who was at this show. Lovely guy and I even got a hug from him!)

• 2 weeks later...

Wil Wheaton - Destination Star Trek. Nice down to earth guy, we had a little chat about working with Robin Williams which was nice. He was happy to do a cheesy pose as well for the photoshoot which avoided the "no touching" rule nicely.

Rutger Hauer - LFCC. Nice gent. Didn't know what to expect from him but again really down to earth and was happy to discuss the off screen problems that was going on in filming Flesh + Blood. Took the time with the autograph as well making sure it stood out ok.

• 4 weeks later...