RAW RESULTS

DavidB

• Moderators

This is a thread for everyone to talk about WWE's RAW show, aired on Monday nights LIVE now in the UK!

---------------------------------------------------

3rd January 2005

Matches:

Batista beat Chris Benoit

Edge beat Chris Jericho

Shelton Benjamin beat Sylvain Grenier

Trish Stratus beat Victoria

Christian beat Eugene

Main Event - Randy Orton beat HHH

I thought this week's show was really good, especially it being the first live Raw in this country! It was a great way to kick off things, and an ideal way to set up the Raw Pay Per View - New Year's Revolution, this Sunday (free on Sky Sports!).

I think they've done a good job of making the Elimination Chamber match at the PPV mean something, especially with it being for the vacant title ... but with the Beat The Clock matches last week, and the one-on-one matches this week, the match is going to be great once all the guys are in the ring at the same time!

Batista's being pushed really well, more so than Randy Orton now I think, but that's to do with the fans. I know Randy was being lined up as the next Stone Cold of sorts but it all seemed a bit forced compared to when the fans made Austin what he was. They're getting behind Batista now, so it shows who's in control really out of Vince and the fans!

The womens matches are getting better, but this weeks was not important as it was set up more for Trish vs Lita leading onto Snitsky and the return of Kane! They seemed to mess that up a bit though with random pyros lol

Eugene might have lost, but I still think he's a great character, especially with Regal who has been hilarious and I hope they don't make him a heel any time soon .. he seems to go back to that too quickly!

The Jim Ross & Jerry Lawler/Mohammad Hussan & Khosrow Daivari debate was ok for what it was, but not my kinda thing! I prefer to see wrestling and it all seemed a waste of time. Not like Jerry Lawler vs Mohammad is gonna be a good match at the PPV is it? King's old! But then so is Ric Flair and he's not showing any signs of stopping either!

Anyway I think that this Raw was as good as it could have been to set up everything for this Sunday and I'm looking forward to a few of the matches on that card, but especially the main event :P

Edited by DavidB
  • Like 1

• Moderators

10th January

Matches:

Shelton Benjamin beat Maven

M. Hassan beat Hurricane

Edge beat Rhyno

Benoit/Jericho beat Christian/Tomko

Christy beat Maria

Main Event: Randy Orton beat Batista

This week's Raw was not as strong as I thought it could have been. I found it a little too predictable most of the time really.

Shelton beating Maven was nothing new, although at least they vaguely had a match this time ... they just don't seem to click very well, and I'm not sure whether it's Shelton or Maven but something isn't working. I'd put the blame on Maven for not being good enough yet but a sign of a good champion is to carry your opponent to a decent match and make them look good - HHH did with Shelton when he was starting out on Raw.

Hassan's match was pretty basic and just annoyed me that the Hurricane is being used in the way he is - which is basically not being used AT ALL. Take the mask off, get rid of the stale gimmick, and throw him to Smackdown so he can be a decent cocky heel cruiserweight. I hope Hassan gets better in the ring because there's only so much heat you can get on the mic without putting on entertaining matches too.

Edge beating Rhyno ... well, did anyone really expect Rhyno to win? He's another one going nowhere fast, and that's a shame when he can put on good matches when he's given a chance! It would have been more interesting to see HBK cost Edge the match because I'm sure they'll go for HBK/Edge at Wrestlemania? Although I guess if Shawn's in the Rumble too then that's a good way of getting heat between the two - have Shawn eliminate Edge, or the other way ... it would be nice to see Edge stop complaining for a while!

Benoit and Jericho are great in the ring, and they've been announced as facing each other next week on Raw in a singles match. Judging by their previous matches, I'm looking forward to it being a very good one. They're not really being used the way they should be BUT at least they're getting air time and putting on good matches. Christian has always been underrated and I don't think he'll get anywhere stuck with Tyson - although with Eugene's injury, it'd be nice to see Christian and Tomko get the tag titles and hopefully make the tag divison a bit more interesting. Not that there are many decent tag teams so hopefully a few will be brought in.

Christy and Maria in a lingerie pillow fight ... I guess I should be used to this crap being on TV but still, I find it a waste of time and I'd much rather have extended matches and limit the "divas" to small skits.

The main event was not as good as I thought it could have been. I guess they're slowly going down the Batista vs HHH route, maybe with Orton picking up the belt at Royal Rumble, I'm not quite sure ... I don't see HHH wanting to drop it that quickly. But with the 3 men tangled together, maybe a triple threat at Wrestlemania? But that was done last time, so I'd go for a singles match between Batista and HHH cuz that's fresh ... who will they stick Orton against though?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

17th January

Matches:

La Resistance/Maven beat Shelton Benjamin/Hurricane/Rosey

Shawn Michaels beat Christian

Batista beat Viscera

Chris Jericho beat Chris Benoit

Main Event: Kane vs. Gene Snitsky was a no contest.

Shows in Canada always tend to have a little more excitement to them because of the fans and their different allegiances to the wrestlers - i.e. Christian being favoured over HBK. I think it always adds something fresh to the show and they're always enjoyable to watch - although, to be honest, it'd be nice if they let go of the memories of Bret Hart and the Survivor Series incident.

Hassan was built up again with an appearance in the Highlight Reel, which made sense seeing as the crowd would be behind Jericho even though they are Canadian so may have agreed with some of the Anti-USA comments. They are doing a good job with Hassan's character but I would like to see him have a decent match as well because stories like these may have worked well back with Hulk Hogan and Sgt Slaughter but we've moved a long way since then.

I would have liked Jericho and Benoit to get a bit longer AND have the main event slot because they deserve it a lot more than Kane and Snitsky do - that was a crap match and the ending wasn't even that amazing because it's basically been done before ... and the camera caught Snitsky talking to Kane! Idiot!

HBK and Christian could have been longer too, but they did have a decent match in the time they were given - I guess it was natural to put HBK against Christian when it was in Canada as Shawn was always going to be a heel to the fans in attendance. The match also proved that Christian can put on great matches, as long as he's away from Tyson Tomko! Naturally we carried on the HBK/Edge feud, and I'll admit to being surprised that they're having a match at Royal Rumble, I thought they'd keep them away from each other until Wrestlemania BUT ... perhaps a ladder match at Wrestlemania to blow off the feud? Who knows!

Viscera - sorry but WHY?! What a waste of space. It really really annoys me that WWE let go some decent wrestlers and yet hire someone like him. He wasn't good back when he was Mabel, he wasn't good when he won King Of The Ring, and he's even worse now! No one finds him intimidating or scary just because he's big ... the speed he moves at, you could be a snail and still move out of the way before he gets you! But it was pretty impressive to see Batista do the spinebuster on him ... good way of building him up I guess.

The main thing to watch out for next week is Batista being offered the chance to qualify for the Royal Rumble, and this week HHH said that he shouldn't go for it ... so it'll be interesting to see how they deal with that and whether he'll go for it, or be a surprise entrant at the Rumble itself.

I think a good twist would be to put HHH and Batista in a Royal Rumble qualifying match.

If HHH wins Batista wont particiate in the rumble and backs him up in his match.

If Batista wins he gets to enter the rumble in the number 30 position.

I think this could set things up nicely for a Batista-HHH feud that will culminate in the wrestlemania match (cage maybe?) that every WWE fan wants to see.

Does anyone agree?

• Moderators

Hmm I dunno if they'd wanna give away HHH vs Batista on free tv right now .. I would have gone for a Batista vs Ric Flair match but seeing as they're having Orton vs Flair, that's obviously not possible. I'd look for some kinda twist tho which means Batista has to go into a RR qualifying match.

I think a good twist would be to put HHH and Batista in a Royal Rumble qualifying match.

If HHH wins Batista wont particiate in the rumble and backs him up in his match.

If Batista wins he gets to enter the rumble in the number 30 position.

I think this could set things up nicely for a Batista-HHH feud that will culminate in the wrestlemania match (cage maybe?) that every WWE fan wants to see.

Does anyone agree?

I think that maybe batista will win the rumble and go up agaist triple h for the belt and i think he will get it as much as it pains me to say it :huh:

But it is a match i would love to see

i reckon Orton will win the belt with help from Batista, then there'll be a HHH-Batista feud and Orton vs Chris Jericho for the belt in the main event at wrestlemania!!!!!

*prays this is true, but knows it probably won't be!*

i reckon Orton will win the belt with help from Batista, then there'll be a HHH-Batista feud and Orton vs Chris Jericho for the belt in the main event at wrestlemania!!!!!

*prays this is true, but knows it probably won't be!*

i dont know why i just dont see randy orton winning the belt maybe im wrong he is great in the ring tho :blink:

• Moderators

---------------------------------------

24th January

Matches:

Shawn Michaels & Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho beat Christian & Tyson Tomko & Edge

Viscera beat Tajiri

Batista beat La Resistance

Muhammad Hassan beat Val Venis

Kane beat Maven and Gene Snitsky

Main Event: Randy Orton beat Ric Flair

---------------------------------------

Quite a lot of matches this week although quite a few of them were completely pointless. Val Venis is only used when they need to put someone over, and the same with Tajiri lately. How they can choose to have Viscera in the Royal Rumble instead of talent I don't know! BUT if they use Viscera in the Royal Rumble to put someone over strong by having them eliminate him then I can understand why. It's always interesting to see everyone gang up on the "big men" to get them out ... like Big Show, that built up Benoit when he beat him last year. That is the ONLY reason that Viscera should be there.

There was a lot of crap with JR cuz it was in Oklahoma so that's fair enough, it pleases the live audience there but do people at home really care that much? I can understand that in the end it built up the Randy Orton/Stacy Keibler/Evolution storyline though ... and it did make for an interesting backstage skit involving HHH and Batista who they are building up well!

I like the fact that they are putting Batista over strong, but I'm not sure if it was the best way by using La Resistance - doesn't do much for the tag division does it when one person can beat them?! Especially when they are the champions! Should have used two random wrestlers together instead.

Regal never got a spot in the Rumble and because Tajiri got screwed in his "over the top rope" qualification match against Viscera, they're looking to get revenge on Bischoff so that should be interesting to see. Coach was put in the Rumble ... again WHY?! Maybe they'll set a new fastest elimination time!!

They had as many people on the show as possible really, and did feature all the main players coming up to the PPV ... I'm looking forward to Shawn and Edge the most, and the Rumble match itself :P

• Moderators

They had it as "JR Day" in Oklahoma or something stupid .. had him get in the ring with Stacy Keibler and an old bloke, wasn't very interesting .. then had HHH come out n treat em all like crap! U know, usual inflated ego work! ^_^

Raw's on LIVE every Monday night at 2am I believe ... and then there's a repeat at 9pm on Weds on SS3.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

The thread title says SPOILERS cuz I watch Raw live anyway so I'll always be talking about the results lol

*****SPOILER*****

^_^

Who was driving JBL's limo? Obviously WASN'T JBL! Set up by HHH all the way!

Anyone for RIKISHI? :P

• Moderators

Well at least Smackdown will be interesting if Batista is gonna be on there!

Hopefully they'll sort it out in ONE show, and not drag it out ... don't really wanna see the hit n run driver scenario done again!

Unless HHH has hired a vaguely decent new person to join Evolution :lol:

Or maybe it's Randy Orton .. that'd shake things up a bit!

OR ...

SNITSKY!

Wouldn't put it past Vince :pyth:

• Moderators

Hmm well Heidenreich has driving experience, he drove into Taker once!

Snitsky .. can't see him having a driving licence somehow?!

Then again, that wouldn't stop him .. not like he ever had a baby killing licence is it!

I kinda hope they do use it to debut someone new, it's an interesting way of bringing them in at least ..

• Moderators

booger06.jpg

Bastion Booger AND Doink in the same pic!

Don't get much better than that! :lol:

Or maybe it does ...

john%20heidenreich.jpg

Just imagine, HEIDENREICH FOR C7! :angry:

(There weren't any Snitsky pics on Google Images! Surprise ..)

• Moderators

I hope not .. in a way I don't think it should be anyone other than some jobber limo driver cuz Batista doesn't need a feud with anyone other than HHH right now .. UNLESS we forget about it until after Wrestlemania and blah blah then come back to it once Batista has beaten HHH :D ... wouldn't be the first time they've come back to old storylines!

• Moderators

He's more over than Randy ever was .. although I think Randy's more polished in the ring to be honest, Batista's character is a more interesting one to follow .. he hasn't played up to the fans or anything, that's what I like, kinda like Austin's character in the beginning.

He could turn into an Austin type of character quite easy in my opinion. He is begining to shine in his promos. Your right though a bit more in ring work wouldnt go amiss, but then again Austin wasnt an out of this world ring technition.

• Moderators

Austin had a great match with Bret Hart, that started his WWE career really ... Batista needs a match like that, make him look GREAT in the ring, not just a dominant monster but someone who's capable of putting on decent MAIN EVENT matches.