GUEST CANCELLATION: BOB WALL

showmasters

Autographica has always been a quieter event, but i have the feeling this time it's gonna be quieter than quiet.
Not sure what the team tried to achive over there, focusing too much on obscure TV / movie guests from one or two franchises.
Bob Wall's cancellation would have been easier to swallow if the TV/movie line-up would have been a bit more appealing.

Edited by God L'Eponge
  • Like 3

Autographica has always been a quieter event, but i have the feeling this time it's gonna be quieter than quiet.

Not sure what the team tried to achive over there, focusing too much on obscure TV / movie guests from one or two franchises.

Bob Wall's cancellation would have been easier to swallow if the TV/movie line-up would have been a bit more appealing.

I'm not sure what they were trying to achieve either, great if you like astronauts and some obscure names from the Bond franchise I guess.

I wanted to go to this show, i really did, but I won't be attending. I can't help but feel, judging by this years guest line up, that it's been neglected as an event. I'll probably get lambasted for saying the guest list is weak and unimaginative but that's how I feel. Sorry Showmasters, but to market this as "the worlds largest autograph show" is a bit of a stretch.

• Like 4

Whether there's a connection or just coincidence, it seems that all the post-LFCC shows have been reliant on repeat guests, smaller guests etc. Guests at Collectormania Glasgow who live in Glasgow. The cynic in me would say that they spent all their time and money on LFCC and so filled subsequent shows with guests they knew would be easy to get. We already have Carrie Fisher, Billy Boyd, Ariana Richards all returning and stormtrooper reunions again.

As I said before, there needs to be a variety of big names to tempt people to come, so that if something like this happens with Bob, there is at least other known names who will make the trip to Birmingham still worthwhile.

• Like 4

i agree that cancellations are beyond ones control, fair play to that, however, what i would like to know is why is it that several great 1st time guests who have cancelled have never been announced for future autographica events. barbara carrera cancelled some years back and bruce dern cancelled in 2012. both have never been announced for future events. will bob wall now fall into that same catagory? it makes me wonder if they are ever approached again after cancellation. i really wish autographica would focus more on old hollywood and film stars like it once did. there are plenty out there.

• Like 2

From Showmasters 15 July concerning Autographica guests...

"Hi Everyone

LFCC was a huge show for all of us and involved 100% of our time. We have been working in the background and will be announcing guests very soon. We will never do that until contracts are returned so hang in there they are worth waiting for."

I almost bought an admission ticket on the promise of "guests worth waiting for". I feel let down by the announcements after this statements from them, but I'm sure there's others very happy.

Edited by USS_NOSTROMO

I think there is always the risk of this with Autographica given the diverse nature of the guest list that there has always been at the event. A star guest at LFACC for example will always mean a film or TV guest but at Autographica could mean anyone from a much wider spectrum.

Easy for me to say this of course as I am one of those who is very happy with the line-up as my principal interest is the space and aviation related guests, albeit there are TV and Film people I am looking forward to seeing as well.