Sending In Items To Be Signed

I am unfortunately not able to make it this year but would like to send an item in to be signed ie a book.

I have a few questions as I have never did this before.

1. Is it safe to send items in as I have a fear they will get lost and I will never see my item again.

2. As im looking two autographs on the book will I have to pay for two postages on the same item as on the pre order page details mentions postage charges on autographs.

3. Would it be better to have the pre paid recorded delivery already enclosed for returning to me, or is that sorted by Showmasters. 

These might seem like simple questions but to a person that has never did this before I am worried about it so if anyone could help with my questions and settle my worries about sending items in or if anyone has had any issues with items being sent in or lost in post could you advise please, many thanks for your help.

1) It is always possible that it may get lost I'm afraid, the postal system isn't perfect so it is a risk you take.  I've used it a couple of times and my items arrived safely back.  You can minimise risk by making sure it's well wrapped, secured and clearly addressed.  Print your return address on the back so in event of being unable to deliver it they know where to send it back to and sending it either recorded or signed for for tackability.  As for the service offered by Pre Orders, I have never heard anyone on this forum in the years I've been on here saying Jason lost their items.  However you can also help with that by making sure you fully read his instructions on the website about labeling your item up.  Jason cannot easily return items that don't have their owners information on them - he gets a lot of items don't forget so doesn't instantly know what belongs to whom.

2) No.  If you want auto's from 2 or more different shows you can instruct him to just keep it, there is an option in the drop down menu for 'item already with us'  If you are getting them from the same show on the same item then you pay 1 postage charge.

3) Return postage is sorted by Pre Orders, paid for by you, and as far as I can recall they are sent back recorded/special delivery.

Hope that helps  :smile:

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 2