Falling skies

Spacecadet is here

Yeah, I watch that TV show (not so popular here in France)

I have only met Colin Cunningham (John Pope) and I am still in touch with him.

Have you heard the news ? Fifth and final season to be shot starting September! :D

I love sci-fi, but I think Appalling Skies is pretty much the weakest sci-fi made this decade (almost as bad as Terra Nova). I'm stunned that amazing shows like Firefly, Terminator SCC etc... are cancelled, while weak shows like Falling Skies continues to receive funding.

Aliens cross interstellar space, conquer the entire planet, wipe out most of population... then they enslave children to gather scrap metal? What?

Our military is wiped out, yet this bunch of amateurs amazingly survive attack after attack. In a world where there's no power left, they happily take over schools, hospitals, aircraft hangars and put on all of the lights... it would stand out like a beacon! They seem quite intent to drive around at night on loud motorcycles and jeeps with their headlights on full beam, then wonder how the Skitters keep finding them.

They also seem to love "Hidding", behind thin bushes and car wrecks with legs, arms and gun parts sticking out whilst only a few feet away from Skitters and chat away at conversational level... and they're still alive.

I honestly think Stephen Spielberg let's his five year old grandson write the plot for him. It's just so lazy and weak. I've tried really hard to watch it and managed to get through to almost the end of the second season, but I've given up now.

Its a good show, dont get me wrong and i grew up watching Noah Wyle for 10+ years on ER so it was always going to appeal to me.

But thats as far as it goes with me i think. Im with Xenomorph - its good and no more.

Yet the sci-fi community seem to lose their mind over the show and how "genre-defining and groundbreaking" it is - its not.

Its a perfectly serviceable hour of Aliens and Humans having a ruck, which is a good way to pass the time but im hardly out there snapping up the dvd's the minute they come out.

Honestly, I'd trade a hundred Falling Skies for one of the more high-concept, one of a kind shows like Fringe, Almost Human or Lost.

• Like 1