Homeland

Xenomorph

Can't believe there isn't already a topic for this one.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is watching this? The first two seasons were just fantastic. Extremely intense and some wonderful acting from the lead cast. Season three was a bit weaker, but still pretty good.

What's everyone else's thoughts?

I liked Season 1, season 2 was less good and in my view season 3 was terrible. I've just finished watching the second series of Prisoners of War on Sky Arts which was the Israeli series Homeland was based on. Have to say across the two series the consistency in quality has been maintained to a much higher degree than the US series managed.

Im a massive fan of Homeland, always have been, but theres no denying that theres been a steep decline in the quality of the Story in Season 3.

No spoilers for Jid1993 above, but i will say this - having certain folks sidelined for multi-episode arcs was not the way to go in Season 3, in my opinion.

And Quinn just annoys the hell out of me so theres that.

Redeems itself come the end though, as we all know, so im confident that Season 4 should be back to the good old days.

I hope...

• 3 weeks later...

Prisoners of War isnt half bad, ill admit.

With the way US TV shows are made though....

I'm just concerned that, as the creative team behind Homeland is also the one that makes 24, that the ever-declining adventures of Carrie Mathieson might well end up costing me another season of 24 - which i so dearly want.

More than Homeland to be honest...

So while i look forward to Homeland returning (as it basically goes through a reset this year), id much prefer to get 24 back permanently...

• 7 months later...