Firefly & Serenity

timelord81r

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having literally just finished watching this for the first time (spent my whole weekend doing little else) I'd love to see any of them...
That happened to me as well. Watched one episode, got hooked straight away and couldn't stop until all of the episodes were viewed. At various point I even forgot to have snacks.

I only saw Firefly for the first time last year (after Nathan had been to Milton Keynes - doh!). I had kept putting it off. What was I thinking, should have watched it years ago!

me 2, i saw reviews that said it was great then caught a bit of the ep on scifi where mal is dressed as a woman (before the punch line) and thought what is this cowboy rubbish and switched off, then the dvd was released at bargain price and i saw another review in a dvd mag saying it was great and its descriptions were all of things i like, so I thought why not, AND I LOVED IT, watched it back to back, one of the best series ever made, its a crime it was canned!

the movie was also pretty great especially every scene with nathen fillions mal and in particular his confrontations with the operative

• Moderators

I started watching mainly because, well, I'm going to Hallowhedon and it was the only one of the shows covered that I hadn't seen yet (plus one of the guests so far is a Firefly guest...). I've had it waiting for me for a while - Saturday morning I was dithering over what to put on, a friend on MSN said 'FIREFLY!' - I'm glad she did!

That happened to me as well. Watched one episode, got hooked straight away and couldn't stop until all of the episodes were viewed. At various point I even forgot to have snacks.

I watched 3 episodes yesterday before I even got around to eating breakfast...

It really is a crying shame that they cancelled it, although I'm so glad they got to make Serenity and at least conclude the storyline. (In that sense I'm glad I didn't watch until now, or at least post-2005, as I didn't have to wait for the resolution, could just go straight from final Firefly ep to Serenity)

You are right. It is really frustrating when shows get canclled and are not even allowed to conclude properly. If you are interested then there are a couple of graphic novels, by Joss, that expand on some events that would have happened between the seires and the movie. I haevn't got them yet so can't comment on how good they be (or not). Maybe someone else can?

Serenity: Better Days

Serenity: Those Left Behind

A couple more are due for release this year. One about Shepherd, the other about Wash

Edited by 1of2

you know the funniest bit for me in the entire series is the scene in the ep were thye help out the whore house, and mal is like no one has to come and jayne is like good not my problem dont much care to ect and mal goes "there hookers" and jayne quips back in a nano second, "Im in " i could watch that on a loop all day and not get bored its so funny how its played out lol

I LOVE this program :D

I've only got to met Gina to have met the whole crew.

i love this show so much also

can you champion this for us con newbies please tootall, im dying here and still cant forgive myself for missing jewel at lfcc last year :-(

• Moderators

Meeting Alan Tudyk at HW2 in October will be my first Firefly/Serenity 'meet' (unless someone is announced for a signing somewhere before that).

If only I'd gotten into the show earlier - actually, if only I'd gotten into SIGNING EVENTS earlier...

A lot of funny scenes. This one stands out though

Book: River? Please, why don't you come on out?

River: No! Can't. Too much hair.

Book: Is— is that it?

Zoe: Hell, yes, preacher. If I didn't have stuff to get done, I'd be in there with her.

. . .

Zoe: River, honey, he's putting the hair away now.

River: Doesn't matter. It'll still be there. Waiting.

If only I'd gotten into the show earlier - actually, if only I'd gotten into SIGNING EVENTS earlier...
Same here on both counts

I LOVE this program :wub:

i love this show so much also

can you champion this for us con newbies please tootall, im dying here and still cant forgive myself for missing jewel at lfcc last year :-(

Do you like Joss Whedons other shows, Buffy/Angel/Dollhouse? If so get yourself booked in for Hallowhedon 2.

Do you like Joss Whedons other shows, Buffy/Angel/Dollhouse? If so get yourself booked in for Hallowhedon 2.

no not really, buffy, humm some interesting ideas in what i saw but i could never take SMG seriously as a tough action hero and again to much teen school stuff. angel didnt get into and couldnt get past that duff looking character with the little horns,

dollhouse ive not seen but it could be something id like, and i liked stuff like toy story, speed, waterworld and titan AE which he co wrote or re wrote bits of.

halloweaden? i doubt it, the show specific cons are very costly, i mean time quest cost me what all in all 300 odd and i was being conservative with my spending. but it was worth it cos it was 5 doctors! halloweaden only has 2 guests announced so far also and didnt have that many at the last one? if more from firefly were announced id consider it, being at heathrow i guess i could skip the hotel and commute but right now id say the likelihood of me attending is 1% lol

I LOVE this program :borg:

Damnit, you lucky person! I have only met Jewel. What am I saying...I have only met Jewel.... it should be.... I have met Jewel :WINCE: !!

Looking forwear to meeting Alan at Hallowhedon 2. Hopefully other cast members will attend various SM/ME events soon.

no not really, buffy, humm some interesting ideas in what i saw but i could never take SMG seriously as a tough action hero and again to much teen school stuff. angel didnt get into and couldnt get past that duff looking character with the little horns,

dollhouse ive not seen but it could be something id like, and i liked stuff like toy story, speed, waterworld and titan AE which he co wrote or re wrote bits of.

halloweaden? i doubt it, the show specific cons are very costly, i mean time quest cost me what all in all 300 odd and i was being conservative with my spending. but it was worth it cos it was 5 doctors! halloweaden only has 2 guests announced so far also and didnt have that many at the last one? if more from firefly were announced id consider it, being at heathrow i guess i could skip the hotel and commute but right now id say the likelihood of me attending is 1% lol

Fair enough. I enjoy all of the shows so any guest is great for me. Last time there were five guests, all from Buffy/Angel. Usually there are four to six guests at the ME con's and there is plenty of time for more announcements yet. Like you say, hopefully more Firefly guests will be announced.

i still cant sleep at night in the knowledge i passed up the opputunity to see her at last years lfcc, WTF was I smoking :-(

her times were moved and clashed with shanks and mgan so i sacrificed, such a fool i was, but it was my first con so i had no idea i could ask the crew to try and help out

• Showmasters Admin

i still cant sleep at night in the knowledge i passed up the opputunity to see her at last years lfcc, WTF was I smoking :-(

her times were moved and clashed with shanks and mgan so i sacrificed, such a fool i was, but it was my first con so i had no idea i could ask the crew to try and help out

This will not help at all. But she's actually even nicer in person ;)