Food

Longtime

I have never been to a convention before so please excuse my ignorance.

I have purchased a gold pass for my daughter (and an entrance ticket for me - I think I will be doing a lot of waiting around!) and I am just trying to work out her timetable. She will barely have time to eat anything. What do we do about food? Can we take a packed lunch in with us or do we have to get food there?

Thanks for your replies.

There are places to buy food inside the ExCel, I think there's a Subway, a bagel place, Costa Coffee and other similar places. I think there are some that do stuff like pizza, chinese. I don't see anything that says you can't take your own food and drink, it's just carrying it around with you that could be a hassle. It's really up to you.

Prehistoric Cat, JP, thank you. PC, you're going to a Back to the Future convention??

I'll take a small back pack I think. I can't see us having time (well my daughter won't) to queue up for food.

Edited by Longtime

Right, now people have answered sensibly I am going to go all musical on your a*ses!!

Food....glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard.! While we're in the mood, cold jelly and custard"!

Id sing the rest but Ive forgotten the words :D

• Like 1

Prehistoric Cat, Grip, thank you. PC, you're going to a Back to the Future convention??

I'll take a small back pack I think. I can't see us having time (well my daughter won't) to queue up for food.

Yes... there's a Back to the Future reunion happening at LFCC in July. (organised by Showmasters) They announced Michael J Fox last week so I went for it. He was my first major crush :blush:

We all loved Back to the Future in this house. Can't afford to come over again though (we live in Belgium). This is costing me an arm and a leg (Eurostar, hotels, gold ticket for daughter, ordinary ticket plus some bits for me, plus autograph money)!

Rated, elf:

Pease pudding and saveloys!
What next is the question?
Rich gentlemen have it, boys --
In-di-gestion!

• Like 1

I have purchased a gold pass for my daughter (and an entrance ticket for me - I think I will be doing a lot of waiting around!) and I am just trying to work out her timetable. She will barely have time to eat anything. What do we do about food? Can we take a packed lunch in with us or do we have to get food there?

Thanks for your replies.

Personally, and speaking now entering my eleventh year of attending shows either as a visitor or (in the case of craft shows) having worked them as a stall holder, I always advocate bringing your own because that way you're not disappointed either by price or selection. Thinks like cereal bars are also good though to bring with you.

Right, now people have answered sensibly I am going to go all musical on your a*ses!!

Food....glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard.! While we're in the mood, cold jelly and custard"!

I prefer:

"While we're in the mood, cockroaches and custard"!" - it was the mid-1800s after all ;-)

Thanks for your replies.

Excel has a range of eating establishments in the concourse selling hot and cold food, but they do tend to be expensive and will get quite busy at times. Personally I tend to bring some food with me and often end up eating it on the go, maybe whilst in a queue or sitting in a talk.

If you want to be flexible as possible (and most people at this con are gonna be short for time anyway) then definitely bring your own food. I usually eat my lunch while waiting for a talk to start if I'm really rushed.