Guests!

farmer

• Showmasters Admin

Hi Everyone

LFCC was a huge show for all of us and involved 100% of our time. We have been working in the background and will be announcing guests very soon. We will never do that until contracts are returned so hang in there they are worth waiting for.

And for the information of all of you we do not get bumped up or down we simply throw all our resources into the project that is most in need of our time.

Dave Phillips

Hi Everyone

LFCC was a huge show for all of us and involved 100% of our time. We have been working in the background and will be announcing guests very soon. We will never do that until contracts are returned so hang in there they are worth waiting for.

And for the information of all of you we do not get bumped up or down we simply throw all our resources into the project that is most in need of our time.

Dave Phillips

Cool... Please bring back David Soul and Joan Collins .... PLEASEEEEEEE :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

for the first time ever i'm likely to miss this show. Too many guests who just stood in the background of Bond movies and others who have done loads of shows before ,Thomsett, Osoba, Goffe, Baker, Prowse, Bullock, even Duran. I appreciate some newcomers might not have met them but regulars need some new faces especially as there are so few dealers at this event. Its only my opinion of course but i do know of several people i usually meet up with here (locals and a few that travel to it) who are not bothering unless something is pulled out of the hat.Dissapointing that so much effort goes into london but Birmingham gets little attention until other shows go through.

Edited by loveamyadams
  • Like 3

Sport Guests:
Hulk Hogan
Jake the Snbake Roberts
Macho Man
Lennox Lewis
Stephen Hendry
Ronnie 0´Sullivan
Gordon Strachan
Ian Rush
Evander Holyfield
Robbie Keane
Jacky Charlton
Geoff Hurst
Gary Lineker
Paul Gascoine
Phil Taylor

Mannequins:
Katie Price
Claudia Schiffer
Kate Moss
Naomi Campell
Jerry Hall
Brigitte Nielsen

Actors:
Val Kilmer
Timothy Daly, Kelly Preston(Spellbinder)
Ken Wahl(The Wanderers)
Henry Winkler(Happy Days)
Steve Martin
Chevy Chase
Hugh Grant
Samuel L. Jackson
Sigourney Weaver
Chris Hemsworth
Harvey Keitel
Talisa Soto
Christopher Walken
Christopher Lee
Timothy Dalton
George Lazenby
Roger Moore
Mads Mikkelsen
Götz Otto
Karin Dor
Jill St.John
Guy Hamilton
Maryam Dabo
Rowan Atkinson
Jane Seymour
Yaphett Kotto
John Glen
Lewis Gilbert
Carry Lowell
Samantha Bond
Pierce Brosnan
Jackie Chan
Stephen Seagal
Don Johnson
Phillip Michael Thomas
Tom Selleck
John Saxon
Tony Jaa
Jeroen Krabbe
Dolph Lundgren
Sophie Marceau
Sylvester Stallone
Michael Londsdale
Julian Glover
Maud Adams
Kristina Wayborn
Ben Stiller
Michael York
Faye Dunaway
Richard Chamberlain
Angie Dickinson
Michael Caine
David Duchovny
George A.Romero
John Carpenter
Diane Lane
Charly Sheen

Musicans:
Paul Mc Cartney
The Police
The Rolling Stones
Tina Turner
Patty Smith
Ozzy Osbourne
AC/DC
Sex Pistols
The Bullock Brothers
The Misfits
Kirk Hamitt
Edward Collins
Pink Floyd
David Bowie
  • Like 1

for the first time ever i'm likely to miss this show. Too many guests who just stood in the background of Bond movies and others who have done loads of shows before ,Thomsett, Osoba, Goffe, Baker, Prowse, Bullock, even Duran. I appreciate some newcomers might not have met them but regulars need some new faces especially as there are so few dealers at this event. Its only my opinion of course but i do know of several people i usually meet up with here (locals and a few that travel to it) who are not bothering unless something is pulled out of the hat.Dissapointing that so much effort goes into london but Birmingham gets little attention until other shows go through.

I'd have to agree with this...it's like the polar opposite of LFCCC. I know it's always been a quieter, more specific show, but to be at the point where regulars SM attendees have no reason to attend, well...
  • Like 2

I'd have to agree with this...it's like the polar opposite of LFCCC. I know it's always been a quieter, more specific show, but to be at the point where regulars SM attendees have no reason to attend, well...

I agree too, i love and appreciate the fact that it's a different type of event from other shows, but I can't help but feel there's very little imagination gone into the line up.

• Like 1

I agree too, i love and appreciate the fact that it's a different type of event from other shows, but I can't help but feel there's very little imagination gone into the line up.

I think the show is very weak on the TV/Film stars side. No headliners and unless you are interested in space/aviation then there is little of interest. Yes, there is time for a special announcement to improve things - let's hope so.

• Like 3

I think the show is very weak on the TV/Film stars side. No headliners and unless you are interested in space/aviation then there is little of interest. Yes, there is time for a special announcement to improve things - let's hope so.

Can only agree with what's been said before.

When you think they got Joan Collins, Ernest Borgnine, George Kennedy & Mickey Rooney all at the same show lol (and that was in Birmingham, not London even!) THAT was crazy!!

Those good old times seem to be long done! Now we're lucky if we have one big TV/Film star per show (Martin Landau, Robert Davi...)

It's not like there's a lack of choice for potential guests : Lee Majors (starts to think he will never be invited over here), Louise Fletcher, Piper Laurie, Richard Chamberlain, Robert Loggia, i could name a hundred more, are all names that do autograph shows overseas.

Knowing that, Autographica's tagline "The world's largest autograph show" seems totally unaccurate at the time being :(

Edited by God L'Eponge
  • Like 3

There is always the possibility that those guests and others like them have been asked but either haven't wanted to travel or the costs have been too off putting. The fact that the likes of Tony Curtis, Ernest Borgnine, Mickey Rooney etc have been over before does suggest the organisers have a willingness to work with guests of that type, but there may be other reasons that we are not aware of which could explain why there hasn't been as many of those sorts of guests over recently.

But unfortunately, those reasons are of no interest to us. They remain between the potential guest and the organiser. As customers, we are only interested in whether there is something worth spending our money on or not. We're not going to pay for hotel, transport and entry tickets based purely on the intention to get good guests.

Edited by Zagreus
  • Like 4

I agree with your point about what goes on behind the scenes being largely academic to us as potential attendees. I was just offering a counter argument to some of the suggestions that there has been little imagination going into the line-up and that there appear to be larger numbers of guests active on the US circuit who have yet to attend this event. Significant efforts may have been made to secure some of these people and it may just may not have been viable for the organisers in the end. I agree that the net result is the same if you are looking specifically for those sorts of guests, my only point is that it may be unfair to suggest no effort is being made in this regard.

To be fair, we are probably coming at this from different angles. As much as I have enjoyed meeting some of the TV and Film guests at Autographica and have a few on my list this time round, my principal reason for attending has always been the Space/Aviation/Military guests and there is a very good mixture of those at this event.

I agree with your point about what goes on behind the scenes being largely academic to us as potential attendees. I was just offering a counter argument to some of the suggestions that there has been little imagination going into the line-up and that there appear to be larger numbers of guests active on the US circuit who have yet to attend this event. Significant efforts may have been made to secure some of these people and it may just may not have been viable for the organisers in the end. I agree that the net result is the same if you are looking specifically for those sorts of guests, my only point is that it may be unfair to suggest no effort is being made in this regard.

To be fair, we are probably coming at this from different angles. As much as I have enjoyed meeting some of the TV and Film guests at Autographica and have a few on my list this time round, my principal reason for attending has always been the Space/Aviation/Military guests and there is a very good mixture of those at this event.

I do appreciate that there may well be forthcoming guest announcements, but as of today I do think the tv/film line up does show a lack of imagination. The Star Wars guests that have been announced, although very nice people, can be seen at nearly every con these days, and it has been said already several of the Bond ladies are repeat attenders as are some of the other guests, hardly surprising then that some are feeling less than enthusiastic about attending. The space/aviation guests seem good, but with the greatest of respect to the tv/film guests, I'm not sure I would go as far as to say it's "looking very strong".

• Like 2

i really do wish that more film guests would be announced. i know that there are plenty out there who are more than happy to do a signing in the u.k. however they are not going to present themselves and say... please can i be invited. autographica has been my favourite autograph show over the years however it seems to have changed.

• Like 1