Is CMK 2016 really not happening?

Faerie Tanith

I normally don't like to take things I hear through the grapevine as said, but I've just seen a lot of discussions on various other social media platforms about Collectormania Milton Keynes officially not happening next year. Word here has been that it's not been forgotten and is in the works, but it's been a while since anything official was announced and now I'm a little bit anxious. Can anybody answer definitively? Is it or is it not going to happen?

I normally don't like to take things I hear through the grapevine as said, but I've just seen a lot of discussions on various other social media platforms about Collectormania Milton Keynes officially not happening next year. Word here has been that it's not been forgotten and is in the works, but it's been a while since anything official was announced and now I'm a little bit anxious. Can anybody answer definitively? Is it or is it not going to happen?

Yes...

No...

Maybe?

Perhaps

Might not..

Could be...

Not sure....

Hope this helps.... :crying:

On the plus side, they aren't holding anything on the end of May Bank Holiday weekend (Sat 29th and Sun 30th) and thats when it usually is. I would have thought they would have to wait back to hear from MK Dons Stadium. It's not usually announced until the New Year is it anyhow?

That's what I figured... hence why I'm a bit peeved by all this talk about CMK 'officially' not happening. It's confusing.

If the "officially" part is coming from anyone but Showmasters then it is pure rumour and sacremongering by people who have little else to do. As is the same with every event run by every event organiser, nothing is ever announced until it is official. I stopped listening to rumours about anything many years ago. It is not worth the effort.

Edited by Rated_SD13

It's coming from several people who claim they've spoken to someone at SM. The response they're supposedly getting is "there is no event planned for 2016". I won't believe it until I see something directly from SM posted on this forum, but it's frustrating to keep hearing so many different things at once.

It's coming from several people who claim they've spoken to someone at SM. The response they're supposedly getting is "there is no event planned for 2016". I won't believe it until I see something directly from SM posted on this forum, but it's frustrating to keep hearing so many different things at once.

If I had a pound for everytime I had heard a rumour from a source or someone at an organisation then I would be able to buy that bungalow for my Mum and Dad. These people who say they have spoken to or heard from sources or someone at somewhere are not nice in my eyes as they either put false hope or sadness into someone by saying something. Organising an event is a nightmare, even for someone who has done it for the length of time SM have. I helped someone where I live for a few years and it was horrendous. You are reliant on the location signing on the dotted line, the guests getting the contract back to you so you can announce them early enough for fans to prepare. Collectormnia MK is Jason's baby so to speak. I am sure he is doing all he can to make it viable, and at the end of the day it has to be viable in order to continue and not impact the whole business.

All I can say as a previous assistant to an event organiser (not Showmasters) and a long time convention attendee of all sizes from small to LFACC size, just go with what Showmasters officially announce. Anything else is pure speculation from others.

• Like 1

there was a twitter update from showmasters a couple of days ago (dec 10) to say there was no new information on CMK. Bit crap really

How can it be a bit crap when they say there is no new information? Unless we are made party to what is holding up the announcement of any Collectormania event we cannot truly comment on whether something is good or bad. Like with any guest, if a venue is not playing ball then Showmasters cannot announce or make comment other than what they have. Showmasters, along with any event organiser, are governed by the factors involved in arranging said event. A bit harsh to say that it is a bit crap in my personal opinion. Disappointing is to me a better word/description as it keeps fans in limbo...but crap is harsh.

Collectormania was always a great show, the 2nd best show, the first being LFCC. Used to be full of great guests.

Can't help but feel all these other cons SM are putting on in towns all over the place have killed the once mighty Collectormania. The last one seemed pretty dead compared to previous ones. Maybe people feel less inclined to travel to MK with so many other cons being put on nearer to them. Bit of a shame really, I always considered Collectormania as one of the flagship shows.

• Like 2

Collectormania was always a great show, the 2nd best show, the first being LFCC. Used to be full of great guests.

Can't help but feel all these other cons SM are putting on in towns all over the place have killed the once mighty Collectormania. The last one seemed pretty dead compared to previous ones. Maybe people feel less inclined to travel to MK with so many other cons being put on nearer to them. Bit of a shame really, I always considered Collectormania as one of the flagship shows.

Showmasters are damned either way. People have been clammering for more shows in regional areas and when they get them others are not happy. There are obvious reasons behind Collectormania not being announced - aside from obviously not signed on the dotted line - and we have to wait and see what happens.

It is annoying that we haven't heard anything. The Milton Keynes event is the oldest event Showmasters do.

I wish we could get an answer.

Alot of people wish the same, but how can an answer be given if the information is not available?

I've come across one source saying it's not happening but I'm not convinced that it's an official source.

All I know is that nothing official has been said here, and it was around this time last year that the dates for this year's Collectormania were changed.

I've come across one source saying it's not happening but I'm not convinced that it's an official source.

All I know is that nothing official has been said here, and it was around this time last year that the dates for this year's Collectormania were changed.

The word source says it all. Too many people throwing rumours around. Until Showmasters announce their event nothing else matters

SM may well be waiting until they have a definitive answer regarding availability of the MK Dons stadium, which doesn't happen until around about now, give or take a couple of weeks. Possibly considered to be a better option than posting one set of dates and then having to change them to the accompaniment of curses from those people who'd booked non-cancellable travel and hotels...? I live in hope.

Okay, just to confirm what Stuart said: all the mods currently know is that the delay TooTall mentioned in his last update on here (which is the reason why no update yet) has been a bit more of a hold up than originally estimated.

I don't know any details about the delay - could be anything starting with football fixtures.

Anybody claiming there has been an official cancellation is throwing around baseless rumours.

We've seen those discussions too and this is actually one of the reasons why the Twitter update was posted. People keep asking because of those discussions, but that is really all we can give at the moment.

Our record so far was that four people claimed to have spoken to Earls Court one year and were claiming they were told LFACC was cancelled, but I think we're well on the way to breaking this record this year.

Okay, just to confirm what Stuart said: all the mods currently know is that the delay TooTall mentioned in his last update on here (which is the reason why no update yet) has been a bit more of a hold up than originally estimated.

I don't know any details about the delay - could be anything starting with football fixtures.

Anybody claiming there has been an official cancellation is throwing around baseless rumours.

We've seen those discussions too and this is actually one of the reasons why the Twitter update was posted. People keep asking because of those discussions, but that is really all we can give at the moment.

Our record so far was that four people claimed to have spoken to Earls Court one year and were claiming they were told LFACC was cancelled, but I think we're well on the way to breaking this record this year.

your spot on with the football fixtures, Milton Keynes F C will need to overhaul thier stadium again if they get permission to host Tottenham Hotspur while White hart lane is rebuilt. If Spurs can't go local with Wembley ( Chelsea also want to use Wembley) they will head for Milton Keynes. we all know how slowly Government and councils move when making decisions on this scale so we might not hear for some time. Imagine the transport issues, ground improvements needed to host over 30 thousend plus every other weekend and fitting in MK FC's matches as well.New bus station, more policing on the railway, more security in place, bigger car parks, bigger media facilitys etc.Imagine all the money MK FC will make as hosts for 2 years if it starts, so a little convention over 2 days is of no real importance to them. SM can't do anything until all that lot is decided. Redevelopment could start as early as the summer if permission is granted by the FA and Government so i 'd rather SM hang off announcements rather than have to cancel any event.If they miss 2016 they can allways bring it back to MK on a later date.

Edited by loveamyadams

your spot on with the football fixtures, Milton Keynes F C will need to overhaul thier stadium again if they get permission to host Tottenham Hotspur while White hart lane is rebuilt. If Spurs can't go local with Wembley ( Chelsea also want to use Wembley) they will head for Milton Keynes. we all know how slowly Government and councils move when making decisions on this scale so we might not hear for some time. Imagine the transport issues, ground improvements needed to host over 30 thousend plus every other weekend and fitting in MK FC's matches as well.New bus station, more policing on the railway, more security in place, bigger car parks, bigger media facilitys etc.Imagine all the money MK FC will make as hosts for 2 years if it starts, so a little convention over 2 days is of no real importance to them. SM can't do anything until all that lot is decided. Redevelopment could start as early as the summer if permission is granted by the FA and Government so i 'd rather SM hang off announcements rather than have to cancel any event.If they miss 2016 they can allways bring it back to MK on a later date.

And I thought it was because they were waiting for MK to grant a Camel Race track in the Arena... :no:

• Like 3

• Showmasters Admin

CM:MK is the original major SM event and so of course we want to run it. Unfortunately there are currently issues that are stopping us from being able to confirm the MK event, I can't go into the specifics, sorry.

As soon as we know for sure what is happening, there will be an update.

• Like 3