Planning!

youell

I am trying to work out my plan and everything and need some advice. Obviously, talks will be about an hour if you include the time you got to be there beforehand and getting out (BC's I know will be longer).

I have given myself 15mins for any autographs or photo shoots - this includes getting there and queueing. Is this right? Any tips on how to create a plan?

I have a feeling that whatever plan I make will go right out the window anyway. Could really have done with being able to do a photoshoot or autograph or 2 on Friday night. Ah well. The stress for me makes it more exciting. I'm a bit of a planning freak.

Also, what is the best way to bring your plan with you? On your phone? A bit of paper? Mind Palace?

I'm typing my plans and will just print and bring with me. I may try and put them in some sort of folder to try and keep them being crushed into unrecognisability. All I can really recommend is now that we know we kind of have to do the photo shoots when your group is scheduled for I think it makes planning a tad easier.

So far my plan is a time line - I've highlighted all my shoots and put them in time order throughout the day with the talks I want to go to in their correct place in the schedule. I think it's hard to put a guess on how long auto's/photo's may take because it depends on so much, how many are in the queue before you, how many auto's everyone is getting. I'd suggest highlighting your plan with when you need to leave to get to things and just doing what you can until then. I.E as the Ben talk is at 12.45 if you decide to leave to queue by 12.35 just note it on your plan, and make sure you go back and do what you missed as soon as you can.

Make sure you look at everything that is on and what you have tickets for and work out what you refuse to miss, what you can live with having to leave 5 mins early or arrive late for and go from there.

I'm hoping I can fit a couple of auto's in straight at 9am and at least it's another thing done. I've also got an auto list with each guests name and what I want signed from them. I'm going to do one for all the photo shoots I have, package ones and extra's and plan on crossing each thing off as I've done them so I can clearly see what I've got left to do.

Edited by Raylenth

I'm typing my plans and will just print and bring with me. I may try and put them in some sort of folder to try and keep them being crushed into unrecognisability. All I can really recommend is now that we know we kind of have to do the photo shoots when your group is scheduled for I think it makes planning a tad easier.

So far my plan is a time line - I've highlighted all my shoots and put them in time order throughout the day with the talks I want to go to in their correct place in the schedule. I think it's hard to put a guess on how long auto's/photo's may take because it depends on so much, how many are in the queue before you, how many auto's everyone is getting. I'd suggest highlighting your plan with when you need to leave to get to things and just doing what you can until then. I.E as the Ben talk is at 12.45 if you decide to leave to queue by 12.35 just note it on your plan, and make sure you go back and do what you missed as soon as you can.

Make sure you look at everything that is on and what you have tickets for and work out what you refuse to miss, what you can live with having to leave 5 mins early or arrive late for and go from there.

I'm hoping I can fit a couple of auto's in straight at 9am and at least it's another thing done. I've also got an auto list with each guests name and what I want signed from them. I'm going to do one for all the photo shoots I have, package ones and extra's and plan on crossing each thing off as I've done them so I can clearly see what I've got left to do.

I'm group B so if you can do one for me and post it here that'd be great, thanks. :thumbup: lol. No idea how many times I'm gonna have to amend my tentative first draft of a schedule.

Hi!

I printed out the schedules, and did the following. Photo shoots are highlighted in green, and talk times in orange. Any time that I could be checking out the autograph lines is marked a the right hand side in red.

I have a clash between "Ladies of Sherlocked", photo with Mark and photo with Rupert on Sunday, so I'm going to the talk and I will join the later sessions for the photo shoots, as I'm not going to any of the other talks that day.

Group D seems to be split between 2 sessions for a lot of the photo shoots anyway.