What a great day

UKscout

Well after travelling up too Elstree Studios from South Devon on the train on Friday, I stayed over night at the Ibis Hotel.... glad I attended the whole day on Saturday was a great success.

I left the Ibis Hotel around 7:00am thinking that a huge que would be waiting outside, how so wrong was I.

Manage to get 1st in the que and received the 1st pass and entry into Studio 7 - I was well chuffed.

564326_10150735076820974_731015973_9716603_2064024340_n.jpg

Also met Jason for the first time and he seems a realy nice chap and was not what I have heard

and expecting.

I was surprised of the overall scale of the Studio 7 as this was my first time to a studio as you imagine a really big building. I was also interested in the architecture of the studio both from inside and outside being an architect.

Whilst waiting to get into the main building not far from the seating area I met a few local Borehamwood locals (farther and son) who had some interesting things to say about the studios and also Borehamwood history itself which was interesting to hear from a local persons perspective.

The prop display was really good and over heard Jason saying that what he had brought was only 2% of his collection.

I've seen other people mention that the studio was too small for the event, I say it was not - just right for the number of people who attended.

Was some confusion on how we lined up in que to obtain our sig's which was at times a but just got on with it.

The line up of actors, staff and camera chaps who signed where great to talk too and also the discussions/talks by the guys who worked on the films was also interesting.

Gary Kurtz seemed to be distant when signing and seemed to be occupied with something else i.e. texting checking his phone and making notes in a small note book I noticed.

I wish I bought the signed print of the 16 no. stormtroopers now upon my return home.

Will I go again - yes - as I can only see this event getting bigger and better each year.

For value of money - think this was priced correctly and the punching of the pass for you sig's was a great idea.

looking forward to next year - also going to be drawing up the layout if anyone wants it in pdf of Studio 7

On the subject of Gary Kurtz, I found him to be the same in the past BUT I was told to chat to him and ask him a question or two, he soon puts away the phone etc and really turns into a very interesting and pleasant guest. I now find him one of my favourite guests at these shows and I always spend a good ten mins or so talking to him. If you get the pleasure of meeting him again, please try it you will find him great to talk to.

Fon

has anyone got footage of the talk that Kurtz gave? missed some if on the day

if so my email addy is ukbikerscout@hotmail.com

anyone with any photo's of Studio 7 please also email these to enable me to finish off the drawing

I'm producing

• Showmasters Admin

anyone with any photo's of Studio 7 please also email these to enable me to finish off the drawing

I'm producing

I'm afraid it was against the rules of the show to film any of the talks. So no one should have footage of Gary's talk.

I'm producing

I'm afraid it was against the rules of the show to film any of the talks. So no one should have footage of Gary's talk.

Really? Hmm? Who was the chap with the video cam on a tripod that sat in the middle and filmed all the talks? Mintinbox I believe his jacket said.

• Showmasters Admin

I'm producing

Really? Hmm? Who was the chap with the video cam on a tripod that sat in the middle and filmed all the talks? Mintinbox I believe his jacket said.

That would be show footage (he was filming the talk for Jason/Gary's archive). And for a number of legal reasons that footage is very rarely shared with the public.