Diamond Pass Clarification

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone

​I​ think there is a lot of info going on about these new Diamond passes and how they work and what you get, there are also several threads with different info in them, so ​I ​feel it would be good and helpful to lay out some bullet ​points on the passes and also go into why they work like they do and the benefits we feel they bring to you the collector.

The main important thing that everyone must be aware of, each guests Diamond pass will be different​.​T​hey will all offer different aspects and products that have been agreed with the guest and are never going to be the same guest to guest.

Each Diamond pass will be priced differently​,​ as each guest will have a different agreement and will cost the show a different amount.​
​W​hat is offered in the pass will be different​,​as some guests will agree to some things and others will not agree to offer some aspects. ​
​If​ there is something very unique ​(​such as a make up shoot)​ the costs involved are increased (such as ​having to ​provide an​ approved make-up artist to be flown in from the US) and this can add 1000s to the cost of making a photo shoot happen, so it does affect Diamond pass cost.

Some things that are in a guests Diamond pass are​ only being offered to Diamond pass holders,​ and cannot be bought outside of this package so it gives you something rare and unique.

You can buy more that one Diamond pass for the same guest​.​ Y​ou would only do this if you wanted,​ for example, an extra Robert England make-up photo shoot which is exclusive to his Diamond pass, or if there are two of you wanting to be in the same photo and extra Diamond Pass can be purchased.

​You can purchase a Diamond Pass for two different guests, (Robert Englund and Christopher Lloyd, for example)​ but there may be a clash in photo shoots, ​talks or some other ​aspect of the passes. ​I​f this happens then you are to talk to the pit bosses that look after the aspects of the pass that clash,​ and they will try to assist you in getting everything your pass includes​.​ W​e will do everything we can in order to​ not clash things that are big or that are happening only once as we want you all to get what you want. You should talk to the relevant pit bosses to help you on the day, we are good at this, and rarely is there a time where a fix cannot be found to help you.

If you have bought a photo op or a talk for say Christopher Lloyd and then you ​want to upgrade to a Christopher Lloyd Diamond pass contact the show and they will be available to help you upgrade.

Your Diamond pass will give you the benefit of not needing a VQ ticket for the lines.​ ​Y​our number on your Dog tag will be your VQ ticket and in Robert Englund's case you can go and get his autograph on any day over the 3 days he is at the show , his Make up is only going to be there on the Sunday so that will happen once that day and again your Dog tag will act as your VQ ticket and you will be called up in batches.

The money you pay for your Diamond pass is to cover the things you get included in the pass such as a seat at the talk, a photo op, a autograph,​ a print etc etc all the items that are listed in the shop when you bought your ticket.​ W​hat it does​ not include is entry to the show​.​ I​t does not give you any privileges to jump queues in other guests lines or get into the gold pass chill out room. ​T​he Diamond Pass​ is just for that guest and you will receive what is listed for that guest'​s Diamond pass and no more.

If you want to jump queue and use the gold pass room then you will need to buy the Gold Pass as it​'​s only this pass that gives you these privileges (a full list of these privileges is available in the online shop)

​You​ will need to buy your entry to the show, either and​ entry ticket that allows you to enter from 9am or a gold pass entry ticket.​
​You will need one of these to gain access to the show.

If you miss one of your Diamond pass exclusive activities due to not being at the show on time or not getting to the right place on time we are not responsible for this and we will not be refunding parts of the Diamond pass because you could not get there​. All​
sales are final and as long as we provide the opportunity over the day or days that is all we can do. ​S​o please be there on time and keep an eye on when things are happening, and if you see something clashing or are in trouble and are going to miss something then ASK for help.​ G​o to a red shirt/Pit boss and explain your issue, WE CANNOT HELP YOU AFTERWARDS we are all here to help you and we want you to get everything you are meant to.

Some of the passes include an exclusive Tshirt. If your pass includes one of these T-Shirts please provide your T-Shirt size (S, M, L, XL or XXL) in the order and delivery comments box ​at the time of ordering. Anyone that does not include a T-Shirt size will receive a randomly sized T-Shirt from those remaining.

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Please also may i ask i never gave my address or size of shirt when ordering my MJF diamond pass so how will the ticket be delivered to my home as i believe ive moved address since registering with the showmasters forums.... does it get sent to the address of the owner of the card the order was placed on and secondly i would like an XL shirt please if this helps sorry if these are silly questions but i dont want to miss this once in a lifetime chance.... many thanks x

Please also may i ask i never gave my address or size of shirt when ordering my MJF diamond pass so how will the ticket be delivered to my home as i believe ive moved address since registering with the showmasters forums.... does it get sent to the address of the owner of the card the order was placed on and secondly i would like an XL shirt please if this helps sorry if these are silly questions but i dont want to miss this once in a lifetime chance.... many thanks x

Send your T shirt size to the shop email address shop@showmastersevents.com making sure you quote the Diamond Pass order number and I would assume that the tickets will be sent to the shipping address from your Eventbrite account, not the forums.

Edited by Wrong Name

Many thanks Wrongname i didnt even know i had an account with Eventbrite but ive done as you recommended so all being well it should be sorted now.Its amazing what you learn ive been conventionong for twenty four years and this is my first online purchase so again lets hope ive done it x

Edited by harley
  • Like 1

Many thanks Wrongname i didnt even know i had an account with Eventbrite but ive done as you recommended so all being well it should be sorted now.Its amazing what you learn ive been conventionong for twenty four years and this is my first online purchase so again lets hope ive done it x

All LFCC tickets are now sold through Eventbrite, so if you have purchased a MJF Diamond Pass then you must have signed up with them. You have to enter a billing address when buying tickets so I'd imagine that Showmasters will be given this address to send the tickets out.

I've only been conventioning for a couple of years and even though they've now changed to Eventbrite e-tickets, previous tickets were still purchased online. Out of curiosity, how did you buy them before?

We brought our tickets on the door when attendin LFCC we are usually in the queue to buy early birds on the day for about a hour and twenty something mins before early entry 9:00 am and really we usually got in pretty quickly except for one time only and that was when ultimate choas broke out when Stan Lee turned up we were in the queue for about forty mins more than usual but i believe we ve been pretty lucky too timing trains and underground x

We brought our tickets on the door when attendin LFCC we are usually in the queue to buy early birds on the day for about a hour and twenty something mins before early entry 9:00 am and really we usually got in pretty quickly except for one time only and that was when ultimate choas broke out when Stan Lee turned up we were in the queue for about forty mins more than usual but i believe we ve been pretty lucky too timing trains and underground x

Of course! I forgot about buying the on the day, and the fact that you can't do that for at least the Saturday this year. That makes sense as to why it's such a change for you. I had a gold pass for last year (Stan Lee was my main reason for going) so I managed to avoid any of the chaos. I hope with them only reselling the Saturday they manage to avoid any of that happening again. Although I'm willing to bet there will be people who haven't done their research and be disappointed when they turn up and can't buy a ticket.

Yeah i know i know its been said before but MJF was my pin up im a child of the eighties when bttf came out i was ten he was the guy for me like you know when you see footage of women crying and screaming at Elvis or The Beatles i always thought silly buggers but that was me Thursday evening when they made the annocement i just thought it was never meant to be .....safe to say i would be devasted if i hadnt of known that the pay on the day had of been stopped and i had no way of gettin in to see him x

• Like 1

Not entirely sure but as CL is signing all weekend you should be able to join the autograph queue without the need for a virtual queue ticket at any time. Just show your pass to join and they should clip the autograph icon using a hole punch like a conductor on a train checking tickets. It's the same deal as at Massiveevents weekend conventions I believe.

He'll be at his table signing if he's not doing another activity.

MJF differs due to the limited and Diamond specific nature of his signing.

Edited by Zahariel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

This maybe a stupid question.. My boyfriend has bought a diamond pass for MJF, and I will be attending the convention with him. Will I be able to be there when he gets the autograph like every other guest? We've never bought a diamond pass before, just wanted to know :)

Thanks!

Hi everyone

This maybe a stupid question.. My boyfriend has bought a diamond pass for MJF, and I will be attending the convention with him. Will I be able to be there when he gets the autograph like every other guest? We've never bought a diamond pass before, just wanted to know :)

Thanks!

This is the first time that Diamond passes have been available so it's a bit new to all of us! As MJF is signing for Diamond Passes only, I imagine he will be seperated off from the other guests and I would say that you most likely will need a pass to get in that area. So I'd say no you won't be able to go with him but I can't be 100% sure on that.

Edited by Wrong Name

• 1 month later...

Hi Is anyone still waiting for Diamond passes for Robert Englund. I ordered mine 2 months plus ago and am still struggling to get it delivered. Showmasters have been hepful bit it's getting close now !!!

Your Diamond pass will give you the benefit of not needing a VQ ticket for the lines.​ ​Y​our number on your Dog tag will be your VQ ticket and in Robert Englund's case you can go and get his autograph on any day over the 3 days he is at the show , his Make up is only going to be there on the Sunday so that will happen once that day and again your Dog tag will act as your VQ ticket and you will be called up in batches.

Can I use my Robert Englund diamond pass to join his autograph queue multiple times?

Lets say I get my diamond pass autograph on the Saturday and decide that I want to pay for an additional autograph on the Sunday, can I do this without needing a VQ ticket?

Can I use my Robert Englund diamond pass to join his autograph queue multiple times?

Lets say I get my diamond pass autograph on the Saturday and decide that I want to pay for an additional autograph on the Sunday, can I do this without needing a VQ ticket?

It's my understanding it's only a one time use. If you want to go again you'd need a VQ.

• Like 1