Photo Shoot Vs Autograph!

adam.anouer

Photo Shoot's or Autographs which do you prefer?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. If given the choice which would you choose?

• Autograph
    • Photograph

This year I have four photoshoots lined up, these are the guests that I really want. I may have more if there some left in the day but may get some over the table, it depends if the guest is busy or not. I put the autographs in a old hard folder I got from the first event and get plastic wallets to put the new autographs in.

• 1 year later...

As I've said before I get my Photoshoots signed, but if I absolutely had to choose between them then I would go for the shoot. Yeah you can get a little more time with the guest at the signing table but this way you can get a memorable moment, maybe even a unique pose.

Autographs on generic prints just hold no appeal for me...

• 2 weeks later...

Autographs for me

I like being able to speak to the guest and get my autograph personalised. While I will enjoy photoshoots there is always for me a more personal connection when getting Autographs as if it is personalised it feels more unique and you can remember what happened (like an interesting talk with the guest)

• Like 1

I prefer getting an autograph- usually a signed photo from a movie or TV show they appeared in when they were in their prime.

The photoshoots are a great thing though.

It depends on the experience you want. Autographs certainly enable you to have a better chance of at least more than a few words with a guest, a short conversation etc. Photoshoots are typically over and done with in 10 seconds, although you do get to experience being in the photo room and seeing the actor with other fans.

What do you do with the memento from your experience once you get home? I think the majority of people file the autograph away and rarely look at them, but are more inclined to scan and upload their photoshoots with actors and put them on facebook or a blog. Your average joe has far less interest in seeing your autograph collection, but your photo collection? Well, they are more likely to have a gander at that.

I envy in a way the people who are great with budgets and can focus on getting 'really absolute must gets' and are not consumed with the desire of spending excessive amounts just to accumulate a bunch of 'wants'...I think people who collect absolute musts are more likely to frame their autos/photos and have the space to display them...

Depends really... don't really go for individual autos much prefer to have a poster with everyone sign it.

But if it's a someone major I will always go for a photo as well because I can't risk not meeting them and it's always nice to have!

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit I particularly love the group or the double shots and when it came down to it I prioritised these budget wise over getting more autos.

The Tardis Triple Shot was £55, but it really was a once in a lifetime shot (where else are you going to get a picture with Paul, Sylvester and Eric and you round a Tardis Console with a Tardis backdrop ?) Just looking at it again today and it brings a big smile to my face.

I also had the double shot with Bruno and Bugner, rather than individual ones and again great fun, great memories.

Looking forward to seeing some more group or combo shots being available in the future.

It is still good to get a couple of over the desk photos as well though where possible, as my budget won't stretch to an auto and photo off everyone !

I only just started to attend conventions having wanted to go to one for many Years. My first Convention was in November where I got an autograph from Richard Kiel who played Jaws in Bond and that was a defining moment of my childhood cus He was mentioned a lot as Ive been a Bond fanatic since I was 7 Yrs Old . I even got a great posed photo with him.

I met Scott Adkins in March. I bought his autograph and posed photo.

My first Showmasters event was CMK21. I met Giancarlo Esposito + David Ramsey, I had photoshoots with them which were great because Giancarlo would be polite and pleasant at first then go full Gus mode for the photoshoot and David Ramsey was awesome to with a cool pose.

I certainly can't decide which I prefer until I attend a few more conventions but at the moment leaning towards photoshoots.

Very much depends on who it is for me!

Somone who I LOVE I will have a photo, someone who I like I will get an autograph.

I do prefer photos though i get kinda shy and that doesn't involve me having to make conversation. :blush:

i definitely prefer going for photos, mainly because i'm more likely to display photos or look at them again in the future.

i have an autograph book which is in my bag constantly (and i'll admit mostly full of snooker players autographs) but i barely look at it unless someone asks to see it. half the time, if i meet someone 'famous' i'll forget about it completely, ask for a photo and then think 'oh shucks i should've got their autograph too'.

i have to admit sometimes ages comes into it as well, along the lines of the older the person the more likely i am to go for autograph over photo, although that tends to depend on the degree of fame (from my opinion) as well... haha.

Decided not to vote as I would only be satisfied with both really lol

Although it really depends on who the guest is if its someone I like I'd probably just opt with an autograph if I couldn't get an over the table photo with them too

However, if its someone I like a lot I'd probs get both an autograph and a photo (come to think of it I'm yet to get a photoshoot at this event though lol)

So maybe an autograph I don't know really though. Last year I only got an autograph from a guest I like a lot and later as I was going back home I ended up wishing that I got a photo too lol

Photos. I hate how I look in photos but I love looking back on that moment of meeting the celeb.

Same!

I always regret never getting a photo with Hayden Panettiere and only an autograph :(

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah for me it's a photo - autographs are cool but a photo to me is more special - it's a memory captured.

Definitely photos as your profile photo is immense. I have one with Nick Frost & Simon Pegg which is hilarious.

Yeah for me it's a photo - autographs are cool but a photo to me is more special - it's a memory captured.

Definitely photos as your profile photo is immense. I have one with Nick Frost & Simon Pegg which is hilarious.

SERIOUS? I would do anything to meet those two! *sob*

SERIOUS? I would do anything to meet those two! *sob*

I must dig out the photo. It is of my friend and I at the front and Nick and Simon behind. Until we saw the photo afterwards we did not know that the two fo them had done a hilarious lovey dovey pose together. Top blokes.

• Like 1

For me it would be (as they are very popular) a selfie with a celeb (I had one with the comedian and my old school mate Russell Howard in February then few months later with Mike Brewer and Edd China from Wheeler Dealers) lol then you can upload them to Instagram,Twitter and wait for the comments and likes. For me the ultimate selfie would be with Micheal J Fox and Christopher Loyd and the Delorean as I love Back to the Future so much.

Going just by the memento (photo or signed item) I like photos better than autographs, but during cons I still somehow prefer getting autographs to a part, because the photo OPs I've done so far were pretty rushed and at autographs you usually get to exchange a few words with the person at least. :o