The John Landis Appreciation Society

dijon1322

I must say out of all the guests John Landis had the rare quality of being one of us i.e as excited to be there as we were, he were just a top bloke infact probably in my top 3 of all shows , you felt as though you could of spoken to him for ages, i bet a john landis talk would of been awesome

if hes coming to any more shows count me in

Cant praise him enuf

I agree with this, I'd like to see him back and this time to do a talk instead of being part of the audience.

That was a surprise, to see him sitting in amongst the crowd for the Patrick Stewart talk, he was'nt even front row either.

He seemed to be full of energy right throughout the whole event as well.

Bring him back with Carrie Fisher and Dan Ayckroyd at the same event .. !

I loved him, I asked so whats your favorite film of all time he, he chatted for ages about how one can never be the best film ever, theories on the subjective nature of films and so on. It was brilliant

JA

Don't know what he was like Saturday but all day Sunday he was being really good with everyone he met. He seemed to be genuinly enjoying himself.

For my money he is an ideal sort of guest to have at these things, a varied career making succesful films but making a real effort to entertain the punters on the day.

Definitely one of my top guests. I love how involved he got with everyone and how he was more than happy to chat for ages. I also love the fact he just wandered around having his picture taken with cosplayers, I think that's excellent, what a thrill!

I would have LOVED a talk! Maybe next time ;)

A fantastic guest!! He seemed as if he was really enjoying himself, taking time to chat to everyone and taking an interest in the conversation!

SM if you ever do a repeat guest make sure Mr. Landis is on top of the list! Well that's if he would like to do another one.

I know SM get feedback from the guests at times from when they have attended it would be interesting if they at least posted the positive feedback (well we don't want to read about us being slagged off do we?) as it makes us attendees feel appreciated as much as the guests

Meeting John Landis was a joy for the simple fact that he was the exact same guy I've seen so many times in documentaries and DVD extras. He was obviously pleased to be there, and his larger-than-life, wise-cracking personality shone.

We bantered about my American Werewolf T-shirt, and after I'd got down on my knees for a photo, he flashed a grin and joked: "You'd be amazed how often that happens around me."

A fun, easy-going fellow, Landis was the definition of a perfect guest. That he happened to be someone whose work had made a big impression on me was the icing on the cake. Top chap.

He was one hell of a guest larger than life, the guy sang happy birthday to me and tried to get everyone else too (no-one did).

He asked me to phone my friends too for a chat! lucky as i was he sat behind me in the Patrick stewart talk and the guy on stage said we had famous people in the audience (at which point i stood and waved) then bantered more, definitley would like a talk in future be very interesting.

And was that his son with him?

I saw Mr Landis buy a statue of a zombie getting out of a swamp or something, and he was asking the seller to actually sign the Zombie and write an autograph behind it for his friend.

I fact, John Landis was offering the Zombie as a gift to his friend standing near him.

So the seller said something like 'ok but you let me take pictures of you admiring my stall!'

So Mr Landis took a funny pose in front of some monster, asking if it was close enough?

It was really funny!

This guy is top!

That made me regret not to have got to meet him...

So bring him back SM please :D

And was that his son with him?

The really tall chap?

The one that kinda looks like Peter Sutcliffe? :D That was Paul Davis (he posts here) director and writer of the new AWIL documentary that comes out next year(?). He brought John over here I think so was acting kinda like his agent or secretary.

Edited by nicky

John Landis was great. When i was in the queue waiting to get my AWIL poster signed he had my laughing even then. A couple in front were talking about the Death Race 2000 remake, in which he overheard them talking and jumped in...'I was in that movie, i was the guy that commented on Sylvestor Stallone's black eye then got run over by him. Now they're remaking it...the bastards' Had me in stitches. Happily posed for a photograph and was really fun to chat to. I like a guest that doesn't take themselves seriously and honestly looks like he's enjoying himself.

No offence to Paul, it's just the beard and dark hair. :angel: I'm gettig pretty mad with all these "xxx looks like xxxx..." :P

Peter Sutcliffe is one of the better "you look like"'s I've had B)

Also just want to say thank you to the guy who asked me to sign his American Werewolf picture. I was very flattered.

Edited by Paul Davis

• 2 weeks later...

Paul please tell him to come back soon, I need to geek out on him more than I did. My guest and I were listening to him talking to fans and he sounded awesome, we couldn't believe how many stories he had, it was an endless supply! I did get my AAWIL poster signed but I kind of got his assistant to do it as I was busy with my guest all weekend so I don't feel like I properly met him even though I was sitting next to him (well his assistant) for two days.

God none of that made much sense ha ha. In short get him back someone!!!!

THis thread is a fine example of how guests can raise their popularity just by being genuine. Word of mouth like this goes a long way. After reading this thread I'd like to meet John Landis now. This is how guests should be with fans at this events. Good you on you John.