The (Positive!) Feedback Thread!

Lizzy

I spotted you Lizzy - maybe I should have said hello, but I thought it might look a bit odd, since you don't know me from Adam ;)

But I know you from MikeDovovan hehe :D I rememer forums names quite well, and you're an old timer like me :D So I'd have been pleased to meet you :) Maybe C14!!

OK cool - you've got a deal ;) :)

:uhoh:

For the food subject, after I got my photo with Jason Mewes done, me and my friend went round to the pub round the corner. It was lovely not many people in it, so we had a couple of pints some food, watch the golf for about an hour and then return to the show.

Nice to give the legs a rest before the afternoon session.

It was the best convention i have ever been too. I loved every second of it, everyone was aesome, the guests were amazing, the crew - as always were amazing, I loved it!!! Even Patrick Stewart was amazing this time!!!

Bring on the next one!!

Tom

( I just wished I had crewed this one)!!!

Great show! Photoshoots were very well done and the prints were much better than I expected, the queue's for the guests were well organised, talks were enjoyable and all the crewmembers were nice and helpful.

Can I just say to Nicky, it was a pleasant surprise to find out you were the guy asking questions at the Patrick Stewart and Indy talks. Nice to put a name to a face as I had known your name from on here, but also wondered who the guy was asking those questions as you seemed very laid back, audible, and with good, sensible questions. I don't often ask questions myself, and worry that the guests will be embarrased by either bad questions or a lack of questions, so it was nice to hear you on the mic.

As i am a collector of mechandise and autographs it was a very good show and i would like to take this chance to say many thanks to Showmasters for a very good event BUT as i said before as i collect autographs i did find it frustrating that SOME guests i wanted were held up by EITHER a photoshoot or a talk. However i did perservere and managed to get the last few i needed on Sunday with half an hr to spare due to the train i had to catch home.

Well I thought it was very very good as well but you have to remember some people are not just here for the autographs they go for the whole experience which includes photoshoots, chat and talk. I had all three with Pete Postlethwaite which made the day more memorable.

I was in charrge of the tech and the talk area.

The seat numbers were a new thing that were only for the two paid for talks. Due to a communications blip I was only told about this on Saturday Morning and came up with an on the spot solution. In retrospect I think we need to rethink how that was done, and make it a bit clearer to everybody.

Sound quality is a perennial problem. we are in a big concrete and metal box with a high roof. We have slowly been inproving our sound kit but it can only do so much. As soon as we let people into the other areas of the show the noise spills over and we get bounce off the back wall from the PA itself. We have to judge the set up with an empty area and then try and fix it during talks to account for the effect of the people in the area during talks.

As for the use of the mics, that's down to individuals, some talk into the mic and can be heard normally, some shout into it and threaten to blow the PA and others just wave it around at random.....that includes the guests!

In an ideal world we could sort this out but it would take time to ste up each talk with a sound check etc etc.

In the meantime we try aour best and try and improve show by show.

And yes I wanted to shoot the bloody cyberman and insert a whip where the sun doesn't shine....

I'm happy when I can get posed photos along with professional ones (this time with Georgia).

As for the lack of seating, I went to every free talk on Saturday (except the Indy one) just so I could rest my feet. There does seem to be a lack of entertainment in between talks, photoshoots, signings, etc.

I was in charrge of the tech and the talk area.

The seat numbers were a new thing that were only for the two paid for talks. Due to a communications blip I was only told about this on Saturday Morning and came up with an on the spot solution. In retrospect I think we need to rethink how that was done, and make it a bit clearer to everybody.

Sound quality is a perennial problem. we are in a big concrete and metal box with a high roof. We have slowly been inproving our sound kit but it can only do so much. As soon as we let people into the other areas of the show the noise spills over and we get bounce off the back wall from the PA itself. We have to judge the set up with an empty area and then try and fix it during talks to account for the effect of the people in the area during talks.

As for the use of the mics, that's down to individuals, some talk into the mic and can be heard normally, some shout into it and threaten to blow the PA and others just wave it around at random.....that includes the guests!

In an ideal world we could sort this out but it would take time to ste up each talk with a sound check etc etc.

In the meantime we try aour best and try and improve show by show.

And yes I wanted to shoot the bloody cyberman and insert a whip where the sun doesn't shine....

The numbered seating, although a surprise at first, was a really good idea. I expected it for the Patrick Stewart talk, but I really believe having all the talks arranged like that was very sensible. It means they are no different to the virtual tickets and you have to collect them as soon as possible if you are a big fan. The altenative all these years has been queues starting an hour before the actual talk begins, meaning you have to sacrifice large chunks of your day if you want to get an OK seat. This way (as with the virual tickets) you can go away and do things and turn up 5 mins before the talk starts. It also removes the old problem of people saving places in the queue for their friends. The down-side of it was the people going in, finding their seat, then removing the post-it note so they could sit down!! WTF?? Also, the numbers on the back of the seats falling off slightly as the day went on. I'm sure if they were securely stuck on, and the website made people aware the talk area would be arranged like that, it would be a great idea.

PS, yeah, that Cyberman moment was unbelievable. Still, I suppose it was an honest mistake.

I think it was the Patrick Stewart talk (if not others), and you just heard the STOMP STOMP of the cyberman walking around the hall. You could tell he was getting closer and closer to the stage area. Patrick carried on, but you could tell he was walking around right outside the talk area. Sparks went out the door and returned a moment later, no more noisy Cyberman. I wonder what Sparks did to him...

Also, was it the Patrick Stewart talk that had like a cracking noise every now and again? Like a wooden pole being smacked against the ground? What was that? I assumed it was some cosplay fight or something, but it seemed really loud.

The only time I really had any problems with hearing a guest at the talk was with Brad Dourif. It's not a criticism, but is it possible to turn up the volume on the microphone control board if someone has their microphone too far from their mouth?

Edited by Metal Gear