The (Positive!) Feedback Thread!

Lizzy

This was my first LFACC, and I must say I was incredibly impressed by the organisation of the whole thing, especially the signings - the way it was structured was just right.

I thought the guest list was good, but as I'm not really a fan of Star Trek, Back to the Future, Stargate SG-1, etc, I didn't really get much. All I saw were David Anders, Sylvester McCoy, and Christian Cooke. Still, that's not a criticism, just an observation.

At the start, there was no PA, which meant we had to keep going to check to see if our number was up for David Anders; luckily, this was rectified later.

The stalls were great, and it was very hard to resist temptation to buy things! Lots of variety, catering for all tastes, which pleased me!

The food was a bit expensive, but that's what you get in London!

Um... that's all I can think of now. Thank you, Showmasters, for a great event, and hopefully see you next year! :YAHOO:

As has been said before unfortunately food and drink is the responsibility of the venue it'self and the concessions. any time an event is at a venue like this the food is always going to cost a lot because they know they have a bit of a captive audience as it where. They know that a lot of people won't be willing to wander off outside to try and find somewhere else so they don't really have to compete on the prices.

The best advice really is to bring your own.

I had a great time so a big thank you Showmasters and all the crew. :rolleyes:

Just a suggestion, I think it would be helpful to have some confident crew members just milling around congested areas - such as in front of the photo/talk ticket area/ in front of the guests just occaisonally calling out information to people such as "get your paid talk tickets here, free ones over there" etc, and "virtual tickets here, open queue there" sort of thing. I think it would avoid some confusion and help a lot of people out a bit.

But again, really enjoyed the event and look forward going again in the future! :D

The ques to get in had someone marshaling them this year, which I thought was a good idea. Even though she shouted at me when I walked past when I knew where I was going.

I think she was Earls Court staff not showmasters, as I saw quite a few people walking around with walkies and those blue shirts with some logo on..if they'd have been SM they'd have prob had crew T-shirts on.

I went to quote a lot... then saw Crippsy on Page 1 beat me (nearly word for word) for most of my comments, so I'll just add to the other posts...

Is it up to the guest or the organiser whether to allow posed photos?

Guest/ Their agent/ manager usually.

-Event talk area ie the stage area seemed small for an event of this size perhaps more space could of been used.

I know for Patrick's talk, there were 500 seats... which is quite big lol. And with only 1 person on stage at a time, was more space really needed? Health n safety is imp to think about too.

-Lack of water fountains in the event center

As mentioned, this is London lol. You will not get something for nothing when they can charge you £2 for something that should be free....

Always take a drink and a couple of snacks with you. ;p Much better imo, and once you've eaten them you've got space in your bag for other things. All good.

^^ What they said lol

- could barely hear the actors in guest talks

- no where to sit except floor :rolleyes:

For the talks, its just hall acoustics- its like that at lots of cons really regardless of the speaker volume. Just one of those things!

As for the seating thing, not really up to SM... it'll have a lot to do with EC, and if people are sitting in the hall, they won't sit in the cafes and be forced to buy food. Simple as! And health n safety blah...

Simply, I've got a broken foot and I'm naff at staying on my feet all day regardless following 4 flippin operations. But I was there yest from 10-4, mostly on my feet, or sitting on the floor when I gave up. If I can put up with it, surely everyone else can :P

Why do we get this every year :rolleyes: Both queues before 10 (or 9 on Saturday) are early-bird and pay the same £10 (the additional cost for pre-paying for your ticket is postage). They both get let in at the same time because they are the same

Yep! Pre ordering is personal preference, it doesn't gain you preferential treatment. No where does it say "Pre paid early bird is let in first then on the day early bird." SM have never said that, nor does it say it on the online shop. Up to you what you do, no guarantees you will be in any earlier.

Re: the 'info desk' idea - I might be wrong, but I think that the person who mentioned it was suggesting a dedicated information desk, separate from the organisers' booth, which was busy at peak times dealing with photo tickets and pass handouts.

SM shows have always had the OB as the info desk... just one of those things! If not there is PLENTY of crew around to ask... not like every other organiser's show.... grrr that is pathetic!

Excellent event.

met a few people form the forum, Roxy, Nicky & Kiwi7 again, always good to catch up, said hello to Lizzy & Kypto while they were waiting to see Brad. Also has a really good chat to Jason.

also met a few friends from myspace including one who came over from the states which was great.

all the guests that i met were great and on top form and the crew did a fantastic job

only a couple of minor gripes which have already been mentioned.

seating would be a welcome addition in the event area.

the numbering on the seats for the talks, i knew these didn't mean anything but a lot of people didn't and it wasn't mentioned until there were a load of people trying to match there numbers to the seats. then everyone gets up again to try and get a closer seat.

also putting the numbers on the back had people leaning over etc,

also highlight the front rows are for the gold-pass holders to stop people just sitting there and then having to move when told.

I dont know if they were things from last year but I liked:

The tables to sort your stuff out

The left-luggage area

The space

Talk area was fine

Sitting was fine - I used the tables outside the photoshoot area, the Universal trailers areas, talks area and outside on the steps.

Cons:

The PA and that goddman Cyberman's stomping footsteps interuppting the talks.

The PA wasn't always very clear.

The "sit where you want" policy at the talks wasn't clear enough - one guy asked me to move out "his" seat.

Why wasnt Patrick Stewart's talk useing the mic at the front for people to queue up for like the other talks?

Edited by nicky

Water fountains? as has been said it's London, but also there's the whole health and safety issue to be considered as well. There are plenty of places selling water at more reasonable prices than inside Earls Court. Tescos is'nt that far away.

Seating, yeah maybe this is something that could be looked into. But I would mention that friends of mine had small portable seats that they'd brought with them, and had to carry for a while, I believe these can be bought quite cheaply now , and come with carry straps as well. They're also very lightweight indeed.

I have nooo idea what you look like Nicky so I couldn't find you hehe! I was everywhere Sunday, like all day... and think I was the only girl on crutches too so I shouldn't have been too hard to spot :P I did see one guy on crutches... but that wasn't me :WAVE: haha

I did suggest me being an At-At walker thingy for the Star Wars costume thingy with my crutches, but my idea didn't go down too well with my friends :WINCE:

Edited by Lizzy

Fantastic show, thank you, 3rd time at LFACC and the best by far

Crew were excellent, kept out of th way enough so that you felt you were talking to the actor and not a crew member as has happened in the past.

Organisation great

Venue great, lighting much better.

Celebs a fantastic bunch

Talks excellent

Bring on LFACC 2009 and C14, C15, C16, C17 .............

thank you again

Only a few gripes:

No seating

Poor quality photographs in this High Definition era

Not enough stalls

I spotted you Lizzy - maybe I should have said hello, but I thought it might look a bit odd, since you don't know me from Adam ;)

But I know you from MikeDovovan hehe ;) I rememer forums names quite well, and you're an old timer like me :D So I'd have been pleased to meet you :) Maybe C14!!

Edited by Lizzy

Positives:-

Guests and crew were all excellent

Talks were excellent

Photoshoots were brilliant

Plenty of stalls

Good selection of photos for most guests

Q's to meet guests were run well

Negatives:-

Being sent to 4 different q's to buy a Patrick Stewart talk ticket

Someone cracking that whip in the middle of some of the talks

Microphone being used by people asking questions not working very well

Early Bird pre payed q not getting in first

No seating

Still had a brilliant day though and can't wait until next year. Here's to MK

Edited by reddragon

Was there no seating (apart from at the venue cafes) or just not enough?

Given this post after last year's show http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....t&p=1110537

from which I excerpt: "3 - No chill space for the public to hang out.

There were several spaces planned where fans could just chill, similar to what we do at Empire Days and what we did At Collectormania Glasgow where we opened up some seating. However this plan had to be abandoned on Friday when we redesigned the hall to accomodate the new Heroes guests

We want you to have a good time at the events we run and know that this type of space is important to the people attending. We do intend to have them at future events and are sorry we had to take them away for this show."

I would have thought that there would be some seating provided, assuming that a "chill space for the public to hang out" would involve the chance to take the weight off one's feet. Perhaps there was a problem getting EC to provide some?

There was a bit in the middle with a TV and about 20 chairs... all empty mostly lol. So I guess this was it and people just ignored it! I preferred to sit in a corner on the floor (have my packed lunch lol), but I could easily have sat there... and there were odd chairs scattered around more than last year (non existent)

Well i for one enjoyed the show as a whole the Sat was better than the Sunday though as i waited for about 4 hrs or so for just one more auto (and my last one for the weekend) but it was spacious and the unexpected arrival of Ian Whyte was a bonus. The dealers area was well organised and i managed to find a few items for some friends of mine back home. As i am a collector of mechandise and autographs it was a very good show and i would like to take this chance to say many thanks to Showmasters for a very good event BUT as i said before as i collect autographs i did find it frustrating that SOME guests i wanted were held up by EITHER a photoshoot or a talk. However i did perservere and managed to get the last few i needed on Sunday with half an hr to spare due to the train i had to catch home. All in all though a most enjoyable show over a nice weekend and here is to the next one next July. I do attend a lot of the MK shows as well which is nice, again i go purely for the autographs and the dealers area so i apologise in advance if i upset anybody who goes to the shows for MORE than just the autos. And it was in a better venue to last year. Once again thank you Showmasters and all the best for the future. :thumbup:

I spotted you Lizzy - maybe I should have said hello, but I thought it might look a bit odd, since you don't know me from Adam :lol:

But I know you from MikeDovovan hehe :thumbup: I rememer forums names quite well, and you're an old timer like me :lol: So I'd have been pleased to meet you :) Maybe C14!!

OK cool - you've got a deal :poki: :)

Edited by MikeDonovan

There was a bit in the middle with a TV and about 20 chairs... all empty mostly lol. So I guess this was it and people just ignored it! I preferred to sit in a corner on the floor (have my packed lunch lol), but I could easily have sat there... and there were odd chairs scattered around more than last year (non existent)

That was the Universal showcase. They wanted you to fill in some surveys to sit there.

Back in Germany.. and I have to say I only had positive experiences! :uhoh:

I loved the guests!

The talks were great!

The atmosphere was so positive, everbody I met smiled and seemed to have a good time!

A HUGE and BIG THANK YOU to the crew! You guys are amazing, always there, always friendly and everything seemed to be so organized! You can be really proud of yourself!

Btw. TooTall - I loved your "We own your souls" shirt :D:D

That was the Universal showcase. They wanted you to fill in some surveys to sit there.

Really? I just sat there for ages resting on Sunday...maybe it was cos I was facing the TV and it looked like I was watching the trailers when in fact I had already done a survey they day before.