still needing info on tom savini photoshoot

retrobabe

I arrived at the show at 9am today and was surprised to see Tom's shoot still listed for 3.45pm on Sunday. I queried it with two crew members, and eventually got a refund at lunchtime.

I'm disappointed - firstly by the shoot changing day at such short notice, and secondly by the lack of communication with those of us who had bought tickets expecting the shoot to go ahead today.

I really thought that the day change must have been a mistake, as Saturday tickets surely wouldn't be sold for a Sunday shoot. And if it had genuinely changed, surely those of us who had bought tickets would have been emailed about it, so we could change our plans if need be (as it happens, I couldn't, as I'd also bought my earlybird ticket for Saturday).

The crew at the show were great - friendly, helpful and professional. I'm happy with the way I was treated by all three of the people I spoke to about this today. But I feel let down in every other respect.

Sorry to keep going back to this subject, but I'm disappointed that there's been no comment from Showmasters about the Savini photoshoot problem. Every query I and others have made on this board, pre- and post-show, has slid slowly into the background, ignored. I sent Showmasters an email on Friday, which I've not had a reply to.

I'd really appreciate a response. Thank you.

You won't get a reply from Showmasters yet as they are still tying up the loose ends from LFACC. They'll be back in the office by next week I would imagine.

It might be an idea to call them rather than email - as there will be tons of emails they'll need to work through.

• 3 weeks later...

Three emails and three weeks later, I've still not had a response from Showmasters. Why do they have an email address if they don't reply to queries by email? I've been polite at every turn - all I've wanted is an explanation - but I've got nowhere. This is awful customer service.

I wasn't expecting an immediate response, but I did expect one within three weeks. No matter how busy a company is, letting emails pile up is bad customer service. I won't call them as it costs money - a small amount, granted, but it's the principle. As they offer an email address for 'general enquiries', I shouldn't have to pick up the phone. To do so out of frustration isn't going to make me feel any better.

No offence to you, Queen_Sindel - I know that you're just trying to help me. To clarify, I'm a big supporter of Showmasters - I love what they do with the shows (which I've been attending since CM3). I'm just disappointed with the silence over Savini. The problem was raised here two days before the show, again at the show, and of course afterwards, both on this board and by email, yet three weeks later there's still been no comment, explanation or apology from Showmasters to those of us who'd bought tickets for Saturday and missed out because of the last-minute day change.

Anyway, I don't like posting in this grumpy manner - I'm more at home sharing the joy of these shows - and I've said all I can about this, so once again I'll sit back and see what happens. If the answer is nothing, I'll file this under 'annoying but no one died' and try to forget about it as I look forward to CM14. Peace to all.

Edited by MinkyKnights

This matter seems very important to you, that's why I suggested calling.

E-Mails may end up in spam filters or simply go astray in cyberspace, so this is not only the fastest but also the most secure way to guarantee an answer.

Photo shoot days are subject to change, that's listed in the online shop and was also listed in the original announcement from what I recall. It is annoying when this happens, but occassionally it does happen.

When the tickets were sold, the photo shoot was planned for Saturday. As you say, Saturday tickets are not normally sold for a Sunday shoot. I think it's the first time ever that a photo shoot day was changed on such a short notice, so whatever happened must have really been unavoidable.

SM don't arrive at the venue Saturday morning and find everything has been set up for them. :wub: They do travel prior to the show and take care of guests arriving (among other things), so any questions showing up as close as two days prior and addressed on the forum then may be overlooked.

I was affected by the change as well - couldn't make the Sunday shoot due to a time clash with the Patrick Stewart talk, and I literally had to run for the airport right after that.

Thanks, Queen_Sindel. Sorry to hear that you were affected too. Though I was disappointed on the day, I was quite pragmatic about it afterwards. It was the prolonged lack of response that started me grumping.

Anyway, the good news is that I've just this minute received an email from Stuart at Showmasters, who explained what happened and apologised for the problems. It's a thorough piece of work (ie, good customer service) and I'm happy to have the closure at last.