latest guest announcement - GILLIAN ANDERSON

AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A REAL GUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHen the site went down I first heard whispers from two of my Friends on Twitter and thought it was a flipping wind up but- ohhhhhh god yes! OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have always been an X-Files Fan ok I need to calm myself down in case I get a bit too enthusiastic!!!!!!

But F&%%&*I£**!)(("! YES!!!!!!!!!!! HELL YES!

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE - and soon will be on my X-Files Boxset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like X-Files so... LOL

this. in a way, i think it was all over-hyped a little. also the forum crashed quite badly! :/

but for x-files fans, they will be buzzing! she is rare and gives everyone of us a hope for our dream guest!

Definitely not over-hyped - Gillian is a superb announcement, but obviously not to everyone's taste.

I do agree though that there's little point in advertising an announcement like this if the forum can't cope with the traffic.

• Moderators

One of THE best genre guests that any convention organiser could get.

Let's not forget that the basis for these cons is genre stuff like Trek and Who etc, so to get the mega-rare female lead from one of the biggest TV cultural phenomenons of the 90s is genuinely fantastic.

And I'm not just saying that as someone who ADORES X-Files. I just recognise the impact and its place in TV history.

Now I've finally been able to get on the forum, as a huge X-Files fan I'd like to say thank you to Showmasters for this opportunity to meet Scully. I ordered a photoshoot ticket earlier while the forum was in meltdown mode (I'm one of the crafty ones who has the store saved to my favourites :smile: )

Photo shoots are limited, but how limited are we talking? less than 100? 250?

If i left my purchase to the weekend, what's the likelihood of the photoshoot being sold out?

All photo shoots are limited. It's just the number available that varies. A number which is not normally released.

As with any photo shoot it is genuinely impossible to say if they will sell out by a certain date. I would say that this is one of those occasions where it is more likely than most. That is a complete guess though.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I can't believe you got Gillian Anderson and she will be signing X-Files items too! You are the very best!

Was so giddy seeing this on Twitter, I couldn't remember my username/password for the online shop and had to get it re-set :smile:

Talk ticket ordered. Just hoping and praying there will still be a photoshoot ticket left for me on Friday...

Edited to ask if we can be warned when the photoshoot tickets are getting low, pretty please?

Edited by thefreckles