Group photo

No1avenger

Hi showmasters any chance knowing if there will be group photos at this event as it would be fantastic and probably be great for other con go'ers

I love group photos if the group is just right. I know they have doen them before and I know that frustratingly the times they are announced can be very late. I am hoping to get to this event and will decide when I can book time off for 2016. Photos are my thing now. I do the odd autograph, but I prefer a proper photo

• Like 1

• Moderators

Whilst it can never be confirmed there is usually a few "special photo ops" including group photos.

I never new that was there 1 at this event and how do I find out nearer the time?

There certainly has been in the past, the DS9 group photo has been a highlight for me personally. Usually there will be an announcement if there is going to be a special photo op, in the past these announcement have been quite close to the event, in the case of the DS9 shoot I think this was they day before the show it was announced, this is primarily due to contract negotiations sadly it's not as easy as just getting a few guests together for a group photo. On a positive note special photo ops do seem to be becoming more available I.e. Group photos, double shoots costume photos so I'm sure there will be something at London in 2016!!

• Moderators

if say I bought a few single photos then they made a group 1 would I be able to exchange it and what is ds9?

I'm afraid that is one of those questions that I genuinely have no idea and would be a "cross that bridge when we come to it" sort of response my guess would be no you wouldn't get refunds on a large group of single photos in exchange for a group shot but saying that I could be completely wrong and they may, as I say I am just making a guess. The DS9 photo was you + 5 of the main cast from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

• Moderators

I'm afraid that is one of those questions that I genuinely have no idea and would be a "cross that bridge when we come to it" sort of response my guess would be no you wouldn't get refunds on a large group of single photos in exchange for a group shot but saying that I could be completely wrong and they may, as I say I am just making a guess. The DS9 photo was you + 5 of the main cast from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

• Like 1

I bet that was awesome and I mean upgrade the tickets to a group 1 like if u buy normal tickets and upgrade to a gold 1 would be awesome if there was a rocky reunion that would be 1 call group photo

• Moderators

What do you mean with "how it worked last time"?

the DS9 group photo
The day before the show SM announced that there would e a DS9 group photo shoot that would only be on sale at the show in limited numbers, the shoot was like a normal photo op but with 5 of the DS9 cast sat with you. In reference to your previous question in this case as I remember there was no option to refund single photo shoot tickets in favour of the group shoot Edited by StuartG2198

ah got you thanx for the reply was just curious

the DS9 group photo
The day before the show SM announced that there would e a DS9 group photo shoot that would only be on sale at the show in limited numbers, the shoot was like a normal photo op but with 5 of the DS9 cast sat with you. There was no option to refund single photo shoot tickets in favour of the group shoot
Edited by No1avenger