Any more info on why this event was cancelled please?

So it's been a couple of days now and I was just wondering if there was going to be a follow-up comm with more information on why the Bolton event was cancelled? The previous announcement, whilst brief, did apologise for any inconvenience caused and made clear that all tickets would be refunded, which is appreciated. It was just a little light on details and the reason for the cancellation is what I (and I'm sure many others) am interested in, since it is relevant in how we as customers approach Showmasters events in future.

Obviously every event is prone to change at any time and nothing in this world can be guaranteed. I more than accept that, but it never crossed my mind that an entire event could be wiped off the calendar. On top of the tickets for the event, many of us pay out in advance for travel and accommodation and this is the kind of thing that has to be done well in advance and is typically non-refundable. So a cancelled event can result in attendees being out of pocket, even after ticket refunds have been processed. Also, I believe I am correct in saying that this was to be the first Bolton Film & Comic Con?

The above is the reason I would like to know what forced the decision to cancel the event please. I have no doubt that it was not a decision taken lightly and was made with great reluctance, but since the potential for an upcoming event to be cancelled is something that we must factor into our choice when deciding to attend an event, I would like to know please, to help my decision making for future events; should I take a risk on new events or stick to tried-and-tested ones like LFCC?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated and may go some way towards allaying concerns that customers may have about booking for future events.

• Moderators

I would imagine if Showmasters were able to share details in terms of why the event was cancelled, then these would have been stated in the original post.

As the announcement wasn't made with further details, unless Showmasters choose to come on and share them, I would assume there's no more they can say.

I will close this topic for now, however Showmasters can comment if/when they are able to.

As for other events? These situations are very rare and the majority go ahead without a hitch.