Thanks for a great event!

CosmicAvatar

Echoing this, a massive thanks to all of you for an amazing weekend! All of the guests were lovely, the party was great on Saturday, I loved the Hell Hazers II film and am glad you showed it today as well as I wasn't there on Friday to see it. The talks were always entertaining and I didn't have one problem over the weekend, everyone who I spoke to was really nice, oh and I've got to say, Rob Bendect was so funny, such a nice guy haha. I'll have to think about the next one as I've never watched Vampire Diaries or Being Human but I may well book if you get some major Supernatural guests, see you at The Hub 5 next month :wacko:

This was my first ME con and I had an absolute ball! Saturday night was amazing, I mean a bloody bouncy castle, that was so much fun! The guests where all sooo nice, I haven't got a bad word to say about them. I absolutely adore Rob, he was my highlight. Whenever he walked by me in the corridor he was smiley and chatty and just generally lovely (I ended up with a guest encounter with him on the sunday which was totally worth the money). Hope I can come back to the next event, it depends on guests really as I've never seen Being Human and I have watched bits and pieces of the Vamps :wacko:

I don't know if there's an official feeback form/area/whatever or not, so in the meantime this seemed the best place to post :)

This was my first convention ever and I just wanted to add my voice to the general positivity about it. I had an amazing time and I thought the whole thing was run and organised brilliantly. Thank you so much guys for making my first convention experience such a great one, you rock :blink:

• Moderators

I had a great time - it was nice to be a little more relaxed this time, and all of the guests got right into the spirit of things!

(btw, he announced he was going to play some cheese for the exact reason that the majority of the party music actually WASN'T cheese... the cheese was played in little pockets here and there lol. Well, except Sunday night when there was loads...)

I liked having episodes on when the main hall wasn't being used, and the fact that it was quiet and there was space to do stuff meant my friend and I actually ate breakfast for a change! (AFTER we'd had some autos/photos done...)

I had an awesome time at the con. It was the best convention I have been to, just perfect. I loved meeting the guests and there were loads of oppertunities to talk to them, Rob is lovely and the high light was def getting into a balloon fight with Mark he is epic. Thanks to all the orgainser for doing such a great event!!

Great event, very calm and relaxing - great idea to put on episodes. Guests were brilliant, probably the four nicest people I've ever met.

2 criticisms though - Why was registration closed early on Friday? I got there at 8.20 to be told to come back in the morning. Went to the party on Friday night and was told I couldn't have a go on the black jack table because I didn't have the pink slip from the registration pack - bit annoying really!

Also seemed to be a lot of waiting around.

(btw, he announced he was going to play some cheese for the exact reason that the majority of the party music actually WASN'T cheese... the cheese was played in little pockets here and there lol. Well, except Sunday night when there was loads...)

Obviously timed it badly to pop down and have a look then :unsure:

Why was registration closed early on Friday?

I was a bit surprised that it said it closed at 6 instead of the advertised 9. If I'd have arrived half hour later, I would have had to have waited til the Sat too.

Edited by bezzie

Awwwww it was awesome!! I wanna go back now T-T Such awesome guests!!! I love when a guest totally surprises you and turns out to be absolutely brilliant. Has happened twice now for me. And I've latched on both times XD Its shameful... but Mark's so awesome XD So super lovely XD touched my knee on the way out of his sunday talk with Rob and I'm still a little flaily/confused XD

(Moved what seemed like feedback to the feedback thread XD)

Edited by Meimi132

That was a fantastic con. :smile: Best I've ever been to (I think it was my 13th or 14th weekend con to put that superlative in perspective), just pipping Bitten to first place because the guests were just so game!

I do wish there was a way around the whole talk/guest encounter clash problem though - I hate having to choose! I understand though that you can't leave all the non-encounter peeps with nothing to do.

Not a critcism as such, but it would be nice if the stage was a bit higher - even as a gold pass holder I was craning my neck to see the guests properly even in the second row. Esp Rob, as he's not the tallest guest ever...

Great music at the parties this time - on the Sat night I think I counted a whole 6 songs that aren't on my mp3 list... (although that prob says more about me than your set list :D ). Once again a brilliant job with the theming. The bouncy castle was positively inspired: the image of a camera flash catching Chad flying past will live with me for a long time :D

The crew were super helpful and friendly. Great job :D

Now, if only I can figure out a way to con my boss into letting me have extra time of so that I can make it to the one in March ... :D

I was a bit surprised that it said it closed at 6 instead of the advertised 9. If I'd have arrived half hour later, I would have had to have waited til the Sat too.

Actually reg desk closed just after 8pm not 6 but apologies to anyone who tried to register after it had closed.

• Moderators

Thanks for an amazing event, it was my first con and exceeded all expectations, so thanks again to ME!

ps. is it normal to feel so utterly depressed the day after?:headscratch:

Post-Con Blues. It's a recognised syndrome... well, among con-goers, anyway...

Thanks for an amazing event, it was my first con and exceeded all expectations, so thanks again to ME!

ps. is it normal to feel so utterly depressed the day after?:headscratch:

Oh, yes. I call it the post-con crash, as it's like you've been on some incredible sugar high all weekend, and then *splat*. :D

i had an amazing time, fantastic guests awesome atendies (you get funny looks walking through the woods at 2am dressed up)

its gone in to my list of awesome cons.

also thanks everyone who took part in run mish run you're all awesome.