New Guest

libra

• Moderators

And the whole 'well that event is after!' thing isn't really relevant. You can't exactly control when offers get accepted etc.

"Sorry Mr Cruise, but you'll have to wait a few months because we have a Doctor Who convention first!"

A lot of the time organisers are simply playing the waiting game the same as us.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

If this looks a little confusing it is because I have merged a new topic into this one as it was for the same thing.

Perhaps SM/ME have to wait until closer to the time to announce more guests for this con, are they filming at the moment? Not sure...............whatever the reason, not telling you to be patient or anything, just saying that I understand :wub:

Edited by Rhianydd

• 1 month later...

Really hope that we get a few more guests.

I was nosing through the Bitten brochure over the weekend and where they've advertised Roadhouse, it has the four guests and "Further Guests To Be Announced" underneath. So it sounds promising. I need to recheck it but i'm sure that's what I read.

If the ticket numbers thus far posted are indicative of sales, we're lucky to have the number (and quality!) of guests we do already. Especially with the con less than a month away. Mind you, we managed to get Bitten from a low sales warning to a stage where ME decided enough had been sold to justify a Bitten 2, so here's hoping we can do the same here! I'm going to post a few more reminders on my Facebook for starters...

Yeah, I was trying to tally up how many tickets that have been sold based on the ticket numbers thread and it doesn't look too great :S About 150-200 by the looks of that, taking into account that not everyone will have posted their numbers. There's been no official word on ticket sales though, and at least enough have been sold for the event to go ahead. I've been linking event info to everywhere I can find, but I don't think it's made much of a difference unfortunately :rolleyes:

• Moderators

I'm sort of crossing my fingers that the reason the ticket numbers look so low in the ticket number thread is that everyone who posts on the forum bought theirs pretty early, and all of the higher numbers have gone to non-forum people...

We haven't had any notice about ticket numbers being dangerously low or anything so *is trying to remain optimistic*

I'm sort of crossing my fingers that the reason the ticket numbers look so low in the ticket number thread is that everyone who posts on the forum bought theirs pretty early, and all of the higher numbers have gone to non-forum people...

Maybe. Though we didn't get ours until March and we're still only ST19 and 20, which I was really surprised by. Perhaps because most people who booked mega-early went for gold or silver and not standard?

But yeah, it's hard to know how well it's sold as there are always people who come to these things but don't post on the forums.

SM have Catch 22 situation - if they announce a bigger guest then more tickets will sell, but without knowing exactly how many more they will shift, how can SM know what budget they have for the guest?

As Bitten had a low attendence warning and we haven't had one so far, I just assumed that enough tickets had sold to fund the event. I've only done the Twilight cons before and they both sold out so not really sure what to expect numberwise for attendance.

I certainly wouldn't judge based on the Twi-cons. Most other events have much lower attendances.

That's what I thought. Twilight is such a bit thing at the moment that I guessed thet wouldn't be the best indicator.

I'm caught between wanting ticket sales to be low enough that it's a nice intimate con and high enough that ME feel it's been worth their while.

Edited by timpe

• Moderators

The only one I've been to with anything like close to Twilight sort of numbers was Hub3, where I think there were roughly 700 attendees... was a bit crazy in comparison with the others I've done!

It's going to be nice to go to a small convention, much more intimate for once. But I have to admit, this is the smallest SN con I have been to in terms of attendees, and guest list. I don't think I've been to one yet that had less than 7 guests, with some topping 10 or 11. I've never had a con where there were this few guests, with no real headliner. As I said, I'm looking forward to a more chilled and relaxed weekend, but I am worried in case there isn't that much to do because of not having enough guests to have a packed schedule.

I'm a bit surprised that there aren't more people buying tickets, I mean, we know there is the audience there to buy the tickets from other events, but maybe they're not aware of this convention. Or maybe, because of the timing, most people realise that there is no real chance of getting one the current bigger names because they will be filming.?.

Who knows. I'm still looking forward to it, it's everyone else's loss eh!

It's going to be nice to go to a small convention, much more intimate for once. But I have to admit, this is the smallest SN con I have been to in terms of attendees, and guest list. I don't think I've been to one yet that had less than 7 guests, with some topping 10 or 11. I've never had a con where there were this few guests, with no real headliner. As I said, I'm looking forward to a more chilled and relaxed weekend, but I am worried in case there isn't that much to do because of not having enough guests to have a packed schedule.

I'm a bit surprised that there aren't more people buying tickets, I mean, we know there is the audience there to buy the tickets from other events, but maybe they're not aware of this convention. Or maybe, because of the timing, most people realise that there is no real chance of getting one the current bigger names because they will be filming.?.

Who knows. I'm still looking forward to it, it's everyone else's loss eh!

Bitten had four guests. I took a book, a magazine and ordered several newspapers in case I had time to kill and never read any of them! If I wasn't doing organized stuff, I was hanging out with people I'd met, and the crew do try to fill in any gaps if the autos and photos are done sooner than anticipated.

I hope the hotel rooms being fully booked is a hopeful sign - depends on how many were blocked off. I'll go ask about that in the hotel thread.

I just tested the hotel, and was able to book a twin room no problem using the code, so don't think it is booked out, unless they offered me one random room they had left!

I'm not very social, so if there isn't much going on, I'll probably swan off to my room with my friend and drink.... :lol:.