How was it?

The convention was great fun. And I was very happy to see a poster for next years event already.

That means we will get at least two tryouts before they decide if it is worth the trouble - and I hope for many more to come.

My pictures from the event can be seen in the picture thread. :D

Hope to see more of you good people there next year. :wub:

My first scifi event and i must say I enyoyed it alot. It was a day to remember. I thought it was gonna be way more crowded but tbh i prefer it as it was so you get a chanse to talk a bit to the guests.

I will definatly be there next year and tell my friends all about it.

I hope to see some other interesting guests (more star trek people :YAHOO:)

Hope you all had as much fun as me and my friends had

That's explains his behaviour.

He was very unpleasant at the event :thumbup:

Next time - if there's one.. Don't get drunk, Josh ;)

I agree, I thought he acted weird and I told my friend that over and over that he seemed to be on something. Seems I got right about that. Which is sad really.

Very unprofesionall.

Despite the fact that Josh Herdman perhaps was drunk and not just in the mood as guests / Stars should be for such an event, it was absolutely fantastic!

Personally, I think it was an experience of a lifetime.

Can only add that I look forward to Collectormania again next year in Copenhagen.

Hopefully with the equally exciting guests this time.

Like some of LOTR :)

I was actually rather disappointed by this event. I had expected so much more from it, esp. since this relates to the UK conventions that delivers amazing events. Unfortunately this event was much like the ones held in Sweden (esp. Malmö & Helsingborg) with even the same sellers, only fewer of them. The only thing that got me to stay most of the day and not leave in disappointment after 30 minutes (which is how long it took to browse the hall... twice) was the Q/A's. They were fun and interesting and it was the first time that kind of event took place at a con around here. So that part was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it immensly and I'm grateful it was a part of the con! :)

What angered me though was the fact that one of the sellers actually sold stolen fanart from around the net, but that isn't your fault, it's the damn seller's.

I do look forward to next year and I hope that it turns out much bigger/better than this year :)

• 1 month later...

I’m just newly joined, wanting to let the managers of Collectormania Copenhagen know how I experienced the event and my ideas for potential improvements.

I’m thrilled that there is more focus on creating a cohesive (inter)national fandom for sci-fi and fantasy, and a convention is a good way to put a focus on the ‘geekier’ genres. I brought a bunch of friends along to the convention, some geeky, others more mundane (but Twilight fans!), and we all had a good time of it.

The good:

• Getting autographs from the actors.
    Mike Edmonds in particular impressed me with his dedication; always smiling and friendly, he even paused with the autographs to chat with a young boy in a wheelchair and encourage him. What a great guy!
    Jason Momoa was also awesome; I was flustered to suddenly find him next to me, also browsing Star Wars paraphernalia. ^_^ It’s cool when the actors are also fans.
    And John Rhys-Davies made the day unforgettable for one of my guests with his charm and good cheer, as did Brorson Pelletier for another. :)
  • The Q/A sessions.
  • The cosplayers!
    I didn’t even know we had any Danish cosplayers. Awesome! Did anyone manage a final count on the number of Indiana Jones’s? I got six by the end. Thumbs up to the Batman villains and Lara Croft too, and a huge thank you to the nice storm troopers who suffered much embarrassment being pursued for a n00b group photograph. :D You guys were great! I’ll consider appearing in a costume next year myself. :)
  • The canteen ladies.
    When I timidly enquired about the ingredients in a particular sandwich, they volunteered (!) to make me a new sandwich from scratch just the way I wanted it – tuna salad without the salad, no questions asked. :D You couldn’t have found better, more friendly catering to a bunch of picky geeks! :(

The bad/suggestions for improvement:

• Why were there no Collectormania Copenhagen pins, badges, key-chains, mugs, t-shirts, bags??
    It’s fun to have something to show for your visit, and it’s free publicity; heck, people’ll pay to advertise for the event!
  • Why were none of the local sci-fi/fantasy shops/organisations represented?
    I had expected Fantask and/or Faraos Cigarer to at least have a stand with books and posters and games. When I’ve attended similar conventions elsewhere, such as GothCon (Gothenburg Gaming Convention), the local sci-fi shop had a whole room full of books and sci-fi/fantasy merchandise, and sold very well that weekend. How about Games Workshop? Other bookstores? Some of the many internet-based Danish RPG-shops? There were no books at all! D:
  • How about an ‘artists’ corner’ where local amateur/freetime artists can display their sci-fi/fantasy-related art?
    I know for a fact that there are several hobby artists in the area; would it be possible for them to get a small island of tables, perhaps a table each, and display their prints/posters for a less than humongous fee?
  • How about rewards for the cosplayers, to encourage more cosplaying?
    It’s fun seeing people dressed up, and it lends a nice atmosphere to the convention. Maybe a cosplay contest with prizes for the best dressed?
  • A stand selling movie posters.
    There was only one stand selling small A4 posters, we want big ones!
  • More DVD stands.
  • More tables for eating and relaxing in small groups.
  • More advertisement!!!
    I only found out there was going to be a convention because Biozonen sent me an e-mail about the Twilight premiere that same week and added a note that Brorson Pelletier would be available for autographs at Korsgadehallen; curious, I looked up the address and stumbled across the Collectormania webpage. Why did I not see tons of posters and flyers at Fantask, Faraos Cigarer, Games Workshop, the internet, etc., weeks in advance? Why no posters at the cinemas, Imperial, Palads, etc., when they were willing to advertise online for the event? I almost missed this thing! D:

I hope this event will be held again next year, even bigger and better! I will definitely be back. I hope some of my suggestions might be taken into consideration; does anyone know if I should e-mail particular people to suggest they follow up on some of these things? I really want Collectormania to become a success and a recurring yearly event, because we need sci-fi/fantasy conventions in Denmark!

Thank you for reading. :)

~Greph.