A1 Comics Glasgow

Just up from it mate :) big yellow shop

i know where u mean then.

i guess F.P. is just easier to get to for me up near the multi storey car park.

it begs the question though...if folks on the forum frequent Forbidden Planet the way we do...i wonder how many times we mightve all walkd by each other n not known it...

:-(

• Like 1

nice.

i got the same when i went in with my nephew last week and he was after something Halo related that i knew nowt about.

the guy saw that i basically didnt have a clue and helped us pick out what the wee man was after and then stood and spoke to us about what he was into, it was cool.

glad you got over your fear of comic shops, VW :-)

Edited by modern_day_prophet
  • Like 1

Most comic shops these days are brilliant - Staffed by enthusiasts who know their stuff, and are more than happy to help new folk out.

Sadly, there seems to be a wee time-hole to the 80s in the vicinity of at least one of the non-Glasgow shops... I've been collecting comics for the last 20 years, and I've never had as unfriendly an experience as I did in Edinburgh last week.

Hint : It wasn't Forbidden Planet!

Glasgow's definitely a Comic Book city - With a plethora of comic shops, large and small, and a load of world-class writers and artists hailing from and still living here, it's one of the things I really love about the place!

• Like 3

For anyone interested he pointed me in the direction of Civil War as a good starting point so I ploughed through that in under an hour.

£19 seems a lot for an hours entertainment so from what I hear once you know what titles you want to focus on, there are much cheaper online.

I hate taking cash away from an actual shop (especially one with such friendly, knowledgable, helpful staff) but when you are presented with the same thing at 40% of the price elsewhere it does make you question it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i know the comic shop you are on about film cell i think its called bannajaxx (hope i spelt the name right lol :) )it is a great shop and the man was really friendly,i bought the walking dead vol 1 and 100th issue plus a true blood comic for a good price :)i love forbbiden planet iam hoping to go there again soon,what street is A1 comics on ? :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i scored the Grant Morrison Batman Arkham: serious house on serious earth graphic novel at a boot sale on sunday past for £1!!!

id been wanting it for a while but FP / a1 (quite rightly) RRP-ed at £15 or so, which is fair enough, but $ like that is just beyond what i can usually afford unfortunately...

so i nearly puked when i looked at the guys table n there it was.

its an incredible read...and all the sweeter cos i got it so cheap...!!

a great find but a1 and forbidden planet are still my go-to guys for everything else "geek" tho.

• Like 2