LF&CC hosts world premiere of new Serenity Trailer

Still no official word from SM, and the only two reports from UIP regarding the "Serenity" booth seem contradictory, never a good sign. But as regards the screnings, UIP have always denied any knowledge of it right from the beginning when SM first announced, here. The screenings would appear to of been a deal with Universal Pictures, a completely different entity from UIP who are handling the release over here. Whether this complication is causing a delay in the announcement, I dunno. :unsure: Let's hope we hear soon. :(

Edited by StevieB

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

The below was posted on the 6th July by SM HERE

A statement will be forthcoming as soon as we can clarify what happened. Our contact at UIP is out of the office until next week, and thus no statement will be available any earlier than then (and that does not guarantee that we will be able to issue a statement immediately upon her return either). To reiterate: we will make a statement on this matter, as soon as possible.
Edited by Too Tall

The below was posted on the 6th July by SM HERE

A statement will be forthcoming as soon as we can clarify what happened. Our contact at UIP is out of the office until next week, and thus no statement will be available any earlier than then (and that does not guarantee that we will be able to issue a statement immediately upon her return either). To reiterate: we will make a statement on this matter, as soon as possible.

It's a statement is ever made, it'll be tucked away in an irrelevent thread just at the Kilmer no show statement was.

Showmasters probably won't pin it as they don't want us to find it and read it.

It's a statement is ever made, it'll be tucked away in an irrelevent thread just at the Kilmer no show statement was.

Showmasters probably won't pin it as they don't want us to find it and read it.

That may be a little harsh and also would only lay themselves open to more criticism, which I am sure they would wish to avoid. SM are trying to build a reputation at this time so dealing with prople like UIP in anything but a proffessional manner can only be harmful to themselves in the long run. When these matters are cleared up I am sure that the worst anyone will be guilty of is incompetence, on either (or both) sides. As far as I can tell from posts on other forums their statement " Our contact at UIP is out of the office until next week, and thus no statement will be available any earlier than then (and that does not guarantee that we will be able to issue a statement immediately upon her return either)" is correct as the lady in question has only just returned from a well earned break. I am sure we will hear something fairly soon.

The new trailer goes online tomorrow (Wed 20th July) at 10:00 A.M., you should be able to catch it at:

worldwideweb_dot_cantstopthesignal_dot_co_dot_uk

Should be pretty kewl, apparently it's much better than the first one. B)