Cosplay

• 1 month later...

Blimey, talk about planning ahead! I still haven't finished my costume for the Summer LFCC!!!! There are so many I want to do though.

Well I am signed up to a year long sew-a-long so it needs to fit with that schedule. lol! So I've got to be organized in advance.

• Like 1

If I go to this one, only one I know I definitely know I wanna do is my BBC musketeers original design XD!

ooh, sounds interesting. If I go for 2 days I might be tempted to make a (historically accurate) musketeers costume. Something like this perhaps? Or this. I already have petticoat, smock and apron. Would just need to run up a kirtle. And maybe swap the cap for a musketerish hat. ;)

Or I could go for something tudor....or regency....or georgian. Definately something from history...

If its really cold...I'll make something like those on trenzalore wear n the Doctor who special.

Edited by LadyDeTemps

• 1 month later...

I'm currently trying to decide on an outfit. I have one idea I'd kind of like to do, but it's not from anything exactly recent or hugely popular... it is however one of my favourite shows EVER, and relatively easy to put together.

There's also the option of something Loki-ish...

And my mum suggested working on Zoe (Firefly) which could be fun...

Whatever I do there is one thing for certain - it is going to involve BOOTS. Because walking around in heels on Sunday damn near killed me.

Edited by fissijo

I'm currently trying to decide on an outfit. I have one idea I'd kind of like to do, but it's not from anything exactly recent or hugely popular... it is however one of my favourite shows EVER, and relatively easy to put together.

There's also the option of something Loki-ish...

And my mum suggested working on Zoe (Firefly) which could be fun...

Whatever I do there is one thing for certain - it is going to involve BOOTS. Because walking around in heels on Sunday damn near killed me.

yes. definately flat shoes only. :)

Oh here is my dr who (tom baker) spencer.

Screenshot2014-07-17at110349_zps90aedb15

finished it last night.

After long and careful deliberation I have decided I don't care if anyone knows what the reference is I am doing it. Because it is the 20th anniversary of the shows creation (I feel so old right now!) this year and, well, I wanna!

So I shall be creating a cops uniform from the long forgotten but beloved (by about three people) show Space Precinct.

I'm going to need to create a cops badge for this, and would happily welcome any suggestions in materials to create it with (the one on the show is metal with raised parts). My initial thought is acrylic or something similar painted gold to fit. Concerned with cutting and stuff for that - it's a long time since I even looked at the stuff. Has anyone worked with it before?

(My mother suggested cardboard wrapped in tin foil. I REALLY want to avoid that though I appreciate her make do attitude!)

I'm concocting a costume with one thing from every Doctor. Current plan is:

Hartnell's shirt

Troughton's recorder

Pertwee's trousers

Baker's scarf

Davison's celery

Baker's umbrella

McCoy's hat

McGann's pocket watch

Hurt's sonic

Eccleston's jacket

Tennant's converses

Smith's bow tie

Capaldi's cardigan

• Like 1

Hartnell's shirt

Troughton's recorder

Pertwee's trousers

Baker's scarf

Davison's celery

Baker's umbrella

McCoy's hat

McGann's pocket watch

Hurt's sonic

Eccleston's jacket

Tennant's converses

Smith's bow tie

Capaldi's cardigan

Sounds great. :)

So in my usually flip flopping style. I am now definately doing romana II (city of death) for one day. But for the other day I might be doing a clara cosplay...depends if I finish it within the time.

Hartnell's shirt

Troughton's recorder

Pertwee's trousers

Baker's scarf

Davison's celery

Baker's umbrella

McCoy's hat

McGann's pocket watch

Hurt's sonic

Eccleston's jacket

Tennant's converses

Smith's bow tie

Capaldi's cardigan

Sounds great. :)

So in my usually flip flopping style. I am now definately doing romana II (city of death) for one day. But for the other day I might be doing a clara cosplay...depends if I finish it within the time.

Well I'm toying with a number of outfits for Sheffield. Whether or not I'll get them done is another thing entirely. Have a look on another forum one of the ones I was proposing ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

My cosplay is evolving as I go along. lol! Started off with one concept and I keep tweaking elements as I find I have/haven't got materials in my stash. I've got the basis of a medieval type dress here. I need to add front lacing and decide on how to do the sleeves. Which are causing me troubles. I'm terrible at drafting sleeves from scratch. I am thinking of just having a longsleeved chemise underneath (Renaissance stylee) and leatherette or suede bracers.

Concept 1

Concept 2

Edited by LadyDeTemps

Will probably be wearing my Matt Smith Purple outfit (coat from Abbyshot) as I am only able to be there Sunday and SWMBO is coming too and loves the outfit the best (despite buying me the Tweed jacket, Jack Harkness coat and David Tennant overcoat from Abbyshot over the past couple of years!!)

well, LFCC was my first ever time cosplaying, (was jayne cobb from firefly) for WLFCC i will be part of a group of about 10 people who are all doing TWD characters! (im daryl dixon) bringing my crossbow (albeit without a real string, and with no tips on the bolts in the quiver. it will be UNABLE to fire anything) and got everything sorted or at the very least ordered.

SO EXCITED!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...