Sheffield Schedule

Are the talks free at this event? :crying:

It appears to be so, yes. If the talks are paid for this is normally marked on the schedule.

I've got tickets for Saturday and was hoping to purhcase a photoshoot for Dirk Benedict but looking at the schedule this won't be until late in the day when i'll probably have left as I have to drive back home around 5pm for another engagement. Is this the only photoshoot session he will be doing on Saturday? If so is it possible to change my tickets to the Sunday when he will be doing one in the morning plus the shoot with the van early afternoon which isn't available on the Saturday? Thanks

Yes, this is his only session on the Saturday.

You best give the box office of Sheffield Arena a ring how they handle swaps, if they are allowed. Entry tickets sales are not handled by Showmasters staff for this event.

I have booked train tickets that leave Sheffield before Dirks's Photoshoot. Do you think if I explain the situation on the day, me and my brother might get a posed picture instead. We are going to be buying autographs and already have paid for his Photoshoot too. Its really the only reason my brother is attending.

I've booked a photoshoot ticket with Frazer Hines but he's only on the schedule for 5 minutes. Does that mean I was the only one or few that booked him or is there going to be a frantic dash with his slot?

There'll probably be several plus there will also be tickets sold at the venue. I'd still recommend getting there five minutes ahead of time. I had the same thing with two guests at LFCC last month. The shoots themselves are timetabled to last 9 seconds but you're in a long and it's up to the mark with the guest, pose, photographer clicks the button and you move out of shot for the next person to come in behind you. Photos are printed there and then so you collect before you leave the area, except if you're like me and happened to have been blinking at the time of the shot and need to go back round to have it retaken.

If we already have a photoshoot planned with Paul. and Sylvester , but don't have one in the Tardis , can we upgrade some how ?

Also. will the talks cost to attend ?

To do the upgrade you'll need to talk to the organisers at the show but it's normally do-able.

Talks have been mentioned further up on the thread but Queen Sindel has indicated that normally if talks are to be paid for this is indicated so looks as though talks are free.

I have booked train tickets that leave Sheffield before Dirks's Photoshoot. Do you think if I explain the situation on the day, me and my brother might get a posed picture instead. We are going to be buying autographs and already have paid for his Photoshoot too. Its really the only reason my brother is attending.

I'm really sorry that the schedule doesn't work out for you. But if it's no posed photos at the table it's no posed photos, sorry.

I've booked a photoshoot ticket with Frazer Hines but he's only on the schedule for 5 minutes. Does that mean I was the only one or few that booked him or is there going to be a frantic dash with his slot?

5 minutes means a more quiet shoot, but you're definitely not the only one. The shoots go quite fast, there's still been a number of tickets sold.

If we already have a photoshoot planned with Paul. and Sylvester , but don't have one in the Tardis , can we upgrade some how ?

Also. will the talks cost to attend ?

Yes, you can upgrade. See the sales table for that.

As stated above, as there's no price given that indicates the talks are free to attend.

• Like 1

I understand Sindel. It does seem very strange to both of us that a big name guest is put at the end of the day like that. For e.g. looking at where John Rhys Davis is for just 10 mins, there's space to have put Dirk's 15 minutes there instead and vice versa.

But hey ho, I may not be there now anyway. Just recovering from attack of kidney stones. Not nice !!

I understand Sindel. It does seem very strange to both of us that a big name guest is put at the end of the day like that. For e.g. looking at where John Rhys Davis is for just 10 mins, there's space to have put Dirk's 15 minutes there instead and vice versa.

But hey ho, I may not be there now anyway. Just recovering from attack of kidney stones. Not nice !!

If they put a big guest first there's "but I can't make it that early!!" comments from others. Happened at last London Film and Comic Con a lot. ;)

Feel better soon. Been there, done that myself.

• Moderators

I was thinking more of the 12-2 spaces, especially as he's only 15 mins too. Really looking forward to meeting him too, and now could not happen. Oh well, the last few days have put what's important in life in perspective.

That short gap in the middle of the day will be where the photographer and all the crew working the photo area wolf down some lunch!